Question: Anyone having a sound problem ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
After the patch I have a sound problem with the harvester and my pistol. All most all of the time I only get a sound every other shot or harvest attempt. Very obvious with the pistol and not so much with the harvester because it is kind of quite anyway.

Not a big deal as it doesn't seem to affect anything as far evading the hit by the mob or loot or anything.

Just wondering.

No sound for me on Ark.

I was curious how long before MA addresses this issue:scratch2:

All rifles only sound on second shoot.

On Ark, when you switch a server sound maybe ok or not :)

All rifles only sound on second shoot.

On Ark, when you switch a server sound maybe ok or not :)

I have music at the loading screen, but than no sound whatsoever after it loads :cussing:

Enjoy the silence ☺

I'm on Ark. I get intermittent sound...usually very faint, at best. It's been like this since the update, the patch did nothing to make it better. I get orchestral music at login, then it usually just stops.

I am glad it not just me :). That would be hard to figure out :scratch2: I hope everyone file a support case because we will have a better chance of getting it fixed.

Thanks for the replies.

Another update, And still no sound. :(

After the patch I have a sound problem with the harvester and my pistol. All most all of the time I only get a sound every other shot or harvest attempt. Very obvious with the pistol and not so much with the harvester because it is kind of quite anyway.

Not a big deal as it doesn't seem to affect anything as far evading the hit by the mob or loot or anything.

Just wondering.

Yeah I have the same problem and I have raised a ticket in support
Here is the answer :)
Hi Rurik,

Thank you for your support case.

We will look into the potential sound issue and forward a bug report to our Planet Partner.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

Last edited:
My guess is they're having to extract the voice chat system and it's broken a few things, voice chat got quieter as you moved away, it might be overriding all sound and making them maximum distance as another post said they were changing stuff in their sound environment.

Last edited:
Yeah I have the same problem and I have raised a ticket in support
Here is the answer :)
Hi Rurik,

Thank you for your support case.

We will look into the potential sound issue and forward a bug report to our Planet Partner.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

The Partner has been informed... no answer about when it will be fixed. It's very annoying, it's been a long time and this exactly why I get pissed off with patches and small fixes when such an issue is being overlooked.

Since the last VU, I've had nothing but sound glitches. I can't really hear my weapons reload after firing; I often don't hear them fire at all; I don't hear my footsteps when running either. Some areas I've run through on Calypso seem to have no ambient audio/music, just dead air. One spot north of Shinook Jungle sounds like static white noise on top of the ambient soundtrack...there are probably a lot more issues but I'd have to take notes.

seriously.. this is nothing new, it's the reason I've been playing w/o sound for years besides when I pk :laugh:

Since the last VU, I've had nothing but sound glitches. I can't really hear my weapons reload after firing; I often don't hear them fire at all; I don't hear my footsteps when running either. Some areas I've run through on Calypso seem to have no ambient audio/music, just dead air. One spot north of Shinook Jungle sounds like static white noise on top of the ambient soundtrack...there are probably a lot more issues but I'd have to take notes.

Sounds just about the same problems I am having.

There is a new thing that is very annoying and that is a very LOUD ROAR by a couple of pets and they persists until the green dot is completely off the radar. I hate to say it but some of the people that work for MA are real idiots!

Back