The New Super-Mob: Boxes

(...)
They will drop a lot so other than unique wont have big MU.
(...)

I would not be so sure of that... seems drop rate is smaller than 12 hours ago - probably less people opening boxes now but still - it droped a lot during one day.

Also if the same mechanics are aplied as to loot in any other cases (mostly visible in hunting). Most ring will drop at the "strat of the event" as with all the ul items during MM, Core Mayhem and other events.
What makes me think its the same mechanics you will ask :). It is a little secret but i am sure lots of people noticed something already that is well known loot mechanics :).

@edit:
i might be wrong on this of course ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

I like those boxes, but I wish they were limited supply and rather part of loot. As an introduction it would be nice if everyone could buy upto a fixed number only.

The way this is now, they add hard cash to MA, but not necessarily to the game liquidity. Only MA can portion the game liquidity. They are in a way like CLD's where you paid initially $1k, but MA grabbed the money and left the ingame liquidty to players. In a way they are a different way to deposit without giving you the right to withdrawal, unless you "manage" to get return+MU above initial paid sum. But "manage" is the wrong word. Its rather some luck+MA's liquidity flow back to the game that decides.

Well for years I always heard depositors wishing to have some sort of benifict over the non depositers.
Making these "depositor-only", kind of grants that wish but people often also forget "beware what you wish for"
If you feel its p2w now, people kind of wished for this.

I havent bought any box but for once i am considering in the future perhaps

Well for years I always heard depositors wishing to have some sort of benifict over the non depositers.
Making these "depositor-only", kind of grants that wish but people often also forget "beware what you wish for"
If you feel its p2w now, people kind of wished for this.

I havent bought any box but for once i am considering in the future perhaps

Moral of the story: People are never happy. How dumb we are as human beings huh? :yay:

Now let's go spin some more wheels of fortune? :D

Moral of the story: People are never happy. How dumb we are as human beings huh? :yay:

Now let's go spin some more wheels of fortune? :D

At the end of the day is like the saying
You cant please greeks and troyans

If you hand over a bag of gold to each here to everyone,
Someone would bitch about the gold price crash for example

At the end of the day is like the saying
You cant please greeks and troyans

If you hand over a bag of gold to each here to everyone,
Someone would bitch about the gold price crash for example

GRAMMAR NAZI ALERT: "Trojans".:wise::wise::wise:

*this forum needs a grammar nazi emoticon*

But yeah :D I totally agree

Welcome in to Real Cash NOT Economy Game

Reactions: Mac
I purchased 160 boxes as a test. About 1180ped ammo, 200 plus ped of pills I cant TT, and 3 crappy L rings I wont use. All in all, I'd have much rather have deposited and got 1600ped, than 250ped of stuff I cant TT.

Last edited:
ok, so the problem seems to be the TT of pills, because you cannot sell them? Or are there other items you can't trade/sell?

E.g. the pets might be a problem too, you can only sell PvP and that's pretty boring sometimes?

ok, so the problem seems to be the TT of pills, because you cannot sell them? Or are there other items you can't trade/sell?

E.g. the pets might be a problem too, you can only sell PvP and that's pretty boring sometimes?

Yeh, a good proportion of the pills you cant TT or trade, you have to consume.

Last edited:
should also reduce power consumption, server load and internet traffic, decrease pain because of long sitting, help your eyes because not staring into artificial light sources, and so much more! wow mindark! :yay:

i just wanna shot swirley animation and hof sound via cellphone please!

Plz also MA ass auto open box just like in crafting...

Yeh, a good proportion of the pills you cant TT or trade, you have to consume. Basically they are only of use to people competing competitively in mayhem - I do not, they wont provide much eco if I used them for general hunting, so they are useless for me. I also got two taming rings - I don't tame - and cant TT or trade those. Sadly, I read somewhere you could TT everything but the loot pill; my error. I spent 1600ped, and I got back about 1340ped I can use. I was planning to buy about 700 boxes, but as I would end up with 1000ped of pills I cant TT, I wont.

Depends if you have a use for skill pills. I do and I got enough now for months. Just what I need for migration with my imk2.

i think they should have come up with a better solution than universal ammo...
i am not hunting much atm so i don't want to have 70% of loot in stuff i have to hunt away (mainlky universal ammo)...
for me it is no alternative to depos..

i think they should have come up with a better solution than universal ammo...
i am not hunting much atm so i don't want to have 70% of loot in stuff i have to hunt away (mainlky universal ammo)...
for me it is no alternative to depos..

Universal NanoCubes?

Universal Ammo and Universal NanoCubes can be refined either direction at a 1-1ped ratio (you just loose refiner decay)

They're going to have to do that soon. It is cramping melee users for sure.

It's still a better alternative to just depo'ing peds... assuming that you actually will use up the ammo and most of the pills. MA has plans for a system to consume the L rings, so in my opinion I'd rather buy a depo-worth of strongboxes for the chance at getting a UL ring or rare pet than just raw depo.

so in my opinion I'd rather buy a depo-worth of strongboxes for the chance at getting a UL ring or rare pet than just raw depo.

If I could TT the rings and pills I dont want I'd be happy to do the same.

A friend of mine (who played big-time in this game) once said to me:

"If the game just had grey boxes with the word "mob" above them, I would still shoot them. The amount of money I make from them, I don't give a shit about the game itself."

I understand his point. I also understand MA's. They have to try to increase deposits in order to survive as a company. Otherwise, if this game goes down, no one can make any money on it. Neither the MA employees, nor the players who are able to do so.

So I get why MA does some things in order to try to increase deposits. That's their job.

But to setup this situation where people can essentially skip the game play entirely and go straight to the loot is, IMO, going to far.

Another MMO exists since also more than 10 years, and this game still survives, because they add new content all the time...

But to setup this situation where people can essentially skip the game play entirely and go straight to the loot is, IMO, going to far.

I think boxes are quite the opposite. I hadnt hunted for months, but after i bought 850 boxes i had bunch of universal ammo that i needed to use. So i bought myself bunch of L guns and amps and armor and .5b plates and shot that ammo through.
In the end i had about 67% of tt input left.

If there were no boxes i wouldnt have done any of the previous and would been outside irl fishing or something else.

These boxes made me play the game, so i think it brings players to gameplay and not otherway around.

I feel these boxes are yet another reason to stop playing.
They are increasing the cost to play again.

I don't want to own 20 rings, some "rare pet" and pop a few pills every few hours.

These rings are increasing many hunters "Eco", every depositor will have at least 1 soon.
Why should I hunt knowing im at a huge disadvantage from the start.

All who say this will aid Entropia's economy, you're wrong. This won't help economy at all as it doesn't create more demand, only Mindark's bank account balance will get greater. At the moment, they can't even implement more heal tools, weapons or armors, as there's not enough demand.

Tamers only got nerfs on these latest patches. I DON'T like it, but I'm not saying this is all bad. Gamblers, event hunters & deed holders benefit from this, sadly I already consider quitting and just holding deeds as that seems to be the only way not to get nerfed every single VU.

Lol " nerfed every single VU " Old news it has been like that sense year 2007 "if you had not secret deals with MA ".

If I could TT the rings and pills I dont want I'd be happy to do the same.

The pills are pretty worthless, but only come out to 7-10% of the TT value of the strongboxes.. so really not that big of a cost when there is potential to loot a UL ring worth upwards of 5k..

The pills are pretty worthless, but only come out to 7-10% of the TT value of the strongboxes.. so really not that big of a cost when there is potential to loot a UL ring worth upwards of 5k..

yup and if everything was tt´able then those rare UL rings wouldnt be rare anymore, ppl would buy 10k usd worth of boxes, tt all the shit,withdraw and repeat (until they get the good rings). Right now ppl have to use the loot before withdrawing the money, so it takes some effort.

Back