Question: Are the new pets sick?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Hi
I bought some strongboxes and got a few different pets. I fed them and loved them and all was good for a few minutes...then they rolled over and look like they are having a seizure/dead! I have put in support case, but there is something wrong with these pets?

Cheers
Bjorn

what's a strongbox?

Bertha Bot says:
Known Issues...................
It is possible to trigger a pet’s death animation when performing an interaction with the pet during its idle animation

maybe that's the issue you're having..

Last edited:
Hi
I bought some strongboxes and got a few different pets. I fed them and loved them and all was good for a few minutes...then they rolled over and look like they are having a seizure/dead! I have put in support case, but there is something wrong with these pets?

Cheers
Bjorn

I believe it's epilepsy. Where there any flashing lights nearby?

The rabbit died ;)

My Ruby Devil is doing this :scratch2:

I think its been fixed. My rabbit has stopped falling over dead but I did have it spawned on my ship and not on planet so that may have made a difference.

Tried it again on planet and it dies so not fixed.

Last edited:
All my pets have been doing this if I click a trick while they're doing the little idle animation. It was funny to see them repeatedly die the firat couple of times. Not so much after a while. Dismissing and respawning fixes it.

Wow dont know that a pet can die...

The pet does not actually die, so you do not suffer permanent loss. It simply triggers a death animation, which I suspect MA were trying out ready for compet battles, and accidentally allowed in game. I am sure it will get fixed at next vu. It is annoying but temporary.

Even more annoying in my opinion is the silly noises during the idle animations, which after 10 mins of crafting with a pet spawned just makes me want to scream. In a service centre with several people with spawned pets the cacophony is unreal.. nice try MA ...now where is the off switch

Oh yeah I forgot.. I am on Ark.. I can just move to another location and have no sounds at all..

can we have some bug fixes instead of junk in trunks please (and yeh I do know the other meaning)

Yeah but why is a death anination there if pets cant die think about that...

So there is a chance that it die

Has anyone ever got their pets to do tricks until focus level was 0? What happens, does the pet die or revert back to untamed form?

Has anyone ever got their pets to do tricks until focus level was 0? What happens, does the pet die or revert back to untamed form?

But focus can't fall below 13%. Perhaps you meant energy? Yes, I accidentally brought energy to 0 once - Mood and Affection dropped from 100% to 0, but no other consequences.

So far I don't think there's any way to make a pet die or leave you.

Yeah but why is a death anination there if pets cant die think about that...

So there is a chance that it die

Maybe it is some futuristic thing where pets will fight and one appears to die( not really though) but in the meantime it is really annoying that they do this all the time now.

Back