Strongbox tokens

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Replace parts of the looted ammo and shrapnel with strongbox tokens. Make these tradeable.

Once 10 ped tt of it has been gathered, one could go to the vendor (found on all planets) and turn them in for boxes.

If 5% of loot was replaced, I think we would see some markup on them, on top of which, non depositing players could get their hands on them.

Thoughts?

If they didn't do this asap they would be missing out on a great opportunity.

excellent idea

Great idea! 100 more boxes for you! :cool:

it really hurts to agree with WS, but is actually a great idea.

Replace parts of the looted ammo and shrapnel with strongbox tokens. Make these tradeable.

Once 10 ped tt of it has been gathered, one could go to the vendor (found on all planets) and turn them in for boxes.

If 5% of loot was replaced, I think we would see some markup on them, on top of which, non depositing players could get their hands on them.

Thoughts?

Great idea and yes as others have said, GRATZ!!

Maybe our new CEO of MindArk is doing something right? Other that ComPets all I can say for MindArk is to keep up the great work. (yes trying for my 100 boxes here) :silly2:

I don't think your idea is quite the right way to do it, but something along these lines would certainly go some way to alleviating the problems I see with the box system.

Rather than introducing new tokens perhaps we could do something with the daily tokens. Exchange rates would have to be better balanced than the skill pills available in the token trader are currently though. 10 daily tokens for one box perhaps?

The problem with your system is that you're effectively putting loot with sub-100% markup into loot. The 10 PED TT is ultimately being converted into something that's probably worth less. I wouldn't want that replacing shrapnel or even ammo, and certainly wouldn't want to be looting it in large quantities.

In general, great idea!

I don't think your idea is quite the right way to do it, but something along these lines would certainly go some way to alleviating the problems I see with the box system.

Rather than introducing new tokens perhaps we could do something with the daily tokens. Exchange rates would have to be better balanced than the skill pills available in the token trader are currently though. 10 daily tokens for one box perhaps?

The problem with your system is that you're effectively putting loot with sub-100% markup into loot. The 10 PED TT is ultimately being converted into something that's probably worth less. I wouldn't want that replacing shrapnel or even ammo, and certainly wouldn't want to be looting it in large quantities.

The idea would be to create something with markup and replace something without markup with it to raise the average markup.

5% of loot would not be much. For someone like me that would mean 50-250 ped of it per day, but for most I'm guessing we would be looking at below 50.

Judging by the popularity of boxes, I think we could see a markup anywhere from 102% to 110%. There are plenty of people in game ready to pay for the chance to get some of those nice rings.

Remember that we already have people cycling hundreds of thousands with the expectation to get 90% back hoping to hit big.

Yes, put them in Korwil loot, it is almost without MU!

In Proteron's loot too!

I think the idea was to get people to deposit to take part, not to just cycle peds already in game.

The idea would be to create something with markup and replace something without markup with it to raise the average markup.

5% of loot would not be much. For someone like me that would mean 50-250 ped of it per day, but for most I'm guessing we would be looking at below 50.

Judging by the popularity of boxes, I think we could see a markup anywhere from 102% to 110%. There are plenty of people in game ready to pay for the chance to get some of those nice rings.

Remember that we already have people cycling hundreds of thousands with the expectation to get 90% back hoping to hit big.

Shrapnel has markup. The tokens wouldn't have any markup, it would be ridiculous to pay 110% for them instead of buying through the web shop. If it was 5% of loot then most of mine would be going in the TT, I don't want to convert 5% in my loot into crap I mostly can't use.

Actually bugger all that, just put the rings in loot, that's all anyone cares about.

EDIT: And the good Neurostims.

Since we ride on the chance boxes wave now why not do it right to maximize profits for mindark ?

Put 2 kinds of chance box token into the boxes one common and one rare. Make 2 Vendoors that exchange token for Buffs, (L) Rings, Exp Booster and whatever mindark find fancy and the rare vendor offers UL Stuff and other high value goods for a absurd high amount of rare token. The price of token will fluctuate on how manny boxes are opend and to prevent they fall to low you can assign a higher tt value on the rare ones.

This setup yield maximum profit and whenever the sales go down you offer a discount on the boxes or introduce some new very rare OP drop. Also, if someone is really unlucky and dont get a single item out of 1000 boxes he will own enough tokens to buy a few items.

Since we on it , introduce auto heal tools, increase storage limit, more auction slots, a necklace slot that need to be unlocked with peds, tier 11 - 15 wich can only reached with items dropping from chance boxes, Items that add tier level readiness without using the tool, a new kind of high end armor where parts of the crafting recipe only drop from chance boxes and ofc put ESI into the chance boxes aswell.

Last edited:
As a non depositor I really like the idea and would be fine to pay up to 110-115% to try a few boxes. This would make me be able to participate as well as help those that do deposit.

Back