Why Entropia Universe Client Sucks

Tuhin

Mature
Society
Boss (Rig Klozas)
Tuhin Subhro Sarder
I have downloaded Entropia Universe some weeks ago and have been playing peacefully...now after this update I had to update like 1.5 GB, no problem...then again 2.7 GB...whatever...at least now after this I will be able to play peacefully again.....again 4.7 GB???! WTF!? Looks like my Entropia days are over....why is this crap happening everytime the game updates??? Its so annoying, and my country has a speed of damn 60kb/s...so I have been updating this game for days? Is it normal or just the devil trying to annoy me?? Please help anyone, I am getting pissed! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Is it because you are downloading each planet?

No, after each update I have to re download Planet Calypso?

No, after each update I have to re download Planet Calypso?

First, with the first planet you download (it's typically Calypso), it comes the compulsory content. That is, with the size of the first planet you download, the "global content" is also downloaded. Things like global mobs, normal weapons/clothes/textures etc. If you put Crystal Palace on top of list it will also appear huge (but Calypso will be a smaller download).

Secondly, if it really does download Calypso each time maybe there is something wrong with either your file system - maybe some NTFS file permission/readonly flag, or there is something fishy with the "dynamic content" path?

In my experience, since the default dynamic content path got changed (VU 10.5 or something?), I guess it's better to let it be the default ( c:\users\public\entropia universe ). You reach it by pushing "Tools" button in client loader then look in tab "Folders". The "dynamic content" folders (ie .PAK files) used to be under "C:\program files\...", but probably got moved to \users\public so at least the game data files could be updated without UAC complaining.

it´s prolly just compacting the files and NOT downloading :cool:

My system ran fine with all planets and space downloaded. Now suddenly after the last patch i get a Not enough RAM memory issue. So i tried repairing and still no love. Un installed EU and re-installed this time ONLY selecting TWO destinations (RT and Secret Island) and still i get not enough RAM memory.

Something is messed up with this last patch and i know many folks are not experiencing this. But seriously i shoudl not be getting a RAM memory message with only two destinations being downloaded when previously i had ALL destinations with no issue.

Have a look at satellite broadband. Mate used to live in Australian outback and used that.

Good.

Bye bye!

Too bad she's is turning regular hunter trader or else she would have really loved to kick your pink fairy ass :yup:

MA !! Get me of the bloody SI loading screen which comes up everytime i log in for TWO days now you flipping hippies !! :girl:

Too bad she's is turning regular hunter trader or else she would have really loved to kick your pink fairy ass :yup:

MA !! Get me of the bloody SI loading screen which comes up everytime i log in for TWO days now you flipping hippies !! :girl:

Huh?

OP is selling an empty guide to beginners. I don't want to see that behavior escalate.

Huh?

OP is selling an empty guide to beginners. I don't want to see that behavior escalate.

Alrighty, my apologies, i still have my Daisy's old villain "What You looking at" hat on. it will dissipate eventually, so i clearly misunderstood (rare) :) I will leave your pink fairy ass alone :smoke:

Alrighty, my apologies, i still have my Daisy's old villain "What You looking at" hat on. it will dissipate eventually, so i clearly misunderstood (rare) :) I will leave your pink fair ass alone :smoke:

My ass is mostly peach with a bit of brown in the middle. Get your facts straight.

damn your country really sucks ...and I hate my lame 6 Mbit/s connection :yup:

Lol, enjoy your high speed network speed. Then you know how much it sucks to get stuck at 60kb/s
...whatever Planet Calypso is downloading (again) now...and hopefully I will be able to play the game tomorrow. Gotta contact support. And please guys, stop quarreling.

Back