Cyrene Fap Mission - HELP!

Antrace

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Antrace Letale Very
Hello guys,

i'm doing the cyrene fap missions, i'm at step6 (i'm killing "puny" nimets, i'm laughing at puny word, it is a creature with 550 hp and hit me for 6-23 dmg :laugh:)

i did first steps (i'll write soon about this experience) and now i'm hunting mobs with hp bigger than 500.

As a noob hunter this is scaring me a little (i'm not used to spend 1,5+ ped to kill single mob.)

Since i couldn't use anymore my ozpyn chon + A101 i bought from cyrene auction a ozpyn BRS P4(L), average damage 10.7. It is doing pretty well, i don't have here my notes so i can't be precise but it has a dmg/pec around 2,6 (i considered also evaded hits). I think these carabine will be broken at the end of mission step 6 and i'll need a replacement and this is why i 'm asking for your help.

I looked on entropedia and with my skills (lvl 11 ) i piked up this conf.: Photonic Mayhem R2 (L) + A103/A102

And now the questions:

Is it a good / eco set?

Can anyone sell me both weapon and amp ?

There is a similar configuration UL?

Another information: i have a limited budget (500 ped), and this FAP is going to be more expensive than i expected, but, i'm close to goal so i'll not stop me now. So i can invest some peds if mu is decent.

I thank you all and i wish good luck (also to me, i need it :ahh:)
Antrace

Last edited:
Its always puzzled why the 'low-end' mobs on other planets always seem to be actually quite tough!

Get an A103, they are ~+40 at calypso auction.

When you are having a hard time you should take advantage of your range, buy some kallous or isis LLC carbine and shoot from max range walking backwards.

If you are in a very tight budget sell everything else I guess, the A101 is quite expensive for the damage it gives.

entropiawiki.com

You might want to consider teaming up with someone in similar situation. To put down a 600 HP mob in 20 seconds or less, you need 30+ dps even if it has zero regen (I haven't met this particular mob yet); at lvl 11, you have few options with that much dps, even Calypso daily token guns (which have lower skill requirements) won't cut it.

I agree, the "puny" Nimets are out of place at this point in the mission chain tbh. Especially since the Breezy Living Vortex which is required for the next one is easier. The Photenic Mayhem might indeed be eco in that setup, but I believe the MU on them is pretty high now I believe IF they are available still (havent seen many of them anymore). Maybe look for another weapon.
Regarding those Nimets and hunting them. What I found out with them, is that for some reason they are more affected by walking backwards then other creatures. When I did them I saw a big difference in their swingtimer when I was standing still and walking backwards. Might save some armor/fap decay :)

Regarding those Nimets and hunting them. What I found out with them, is that for some reason they are more affected by walking backwards then other creatures. When I did them I saw a big difference in their swingtimer when I was standing still and walking backwards. Might save some armor/fap decay :)

Yes m8, i killed 70 nimet and i confirm that they hit less while i was "backwalking". I also noticed a strange thing it never happen to me. I had my sleipnr landed on hunting ground. i kept it as a mark point (it wasn't necessary but for lazyness i let it in that spot) and after a some time i saw that some smoke was coming out from my ship.
So i checked the tt value and i started to kill another Nimet, with backwalking tecnique, and i was 50-100 meter far from sleipn. After the kill i rechecked the TT value and guess? it come from 11.11 to 11.00... damn!!. it was taking damage.. Is it intentional? Is it a bug?.. i think i have to arm with patiente and send a support case..

About weapon, my best choiche would be Photonic Mayhem R2 (L) if anyone got it pm me plz., otherside i'll try to get some other carabine.

Cheers

You might want to consider teaming up with someone in similar situation. To put down a 600 HP mob in 20 seconds or less, you need 30+ dps even if it has zero regen (I haven't met this particular mob yet); at lvl 11, you have few options with that much dps, even Calypso daily token guns (which have lower skill requirements) won't cut it.

Yes, teaming up is a good idea i didn't consider. And definitly i need a weapon with damage more than 25dps, mine is too weak, but fortunatly mob has very low regen. I cant check the auction atm (i'm not in game) but i think that MarCorp Kallous-5 CDF Edition (L) (should be a token buyable weapon) + A103 should work well.

I thank you all for your advices

:)

Yes, teaming up is a good idea i didn't consider.

i want to comment on this..

teaming up or better use a dmg dealer is a very good thing and i don't understand why it isn't used that often...
when i hunt i often let me help from my fapper..sure you need to trust the person...i give him a L weapon and ammo, make a team "looter takes all" so i get the loot...
it saves tons of decay with the faster kill speed alone and with two persons you can "ping pong" the mob. you also can cycle faster. so for a hunt i normaly need 4hours i can do in 2hrs when i give him the same weapon..
so consider finding a dmg dealer which you can trust and a whole new world opens...

he recorded one of our hunts...i would never been able to do this alone but we two managed with a very small amount of defence decay..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsfpHQK2W1I

in this example i gave him even better L weapon then i could use..if you want kill points you should be sure to give him lower dmg weapon or find someone who needs the points too and both use same setup so the kill points balance out between you two..

lots of ppl will work just for the skills...

Last edited:
So i checked the tt value and i started to kill another Nimet, with backwalking tecnique, and i was 50-100 meter far from sleipn. After the kill i rechecked the TT value and guess? it come from 11.11 to 11.00... damn!!. it was taking damage.. Is it intentional? Is it a bug?.. i think i have to arm with patiente and send a support case..

Cheers

Nimet deals area damage, so yes that's intentional.

I think this short tread can be useful to many players in my same situation (u'll ever find a mob u can't kill alone or you can kill much easier in team). Thank you for taking the time to write and to give your help.

I'll keep this thread open since i still need a better weapon, see you all this evening (EU time) inline :)

GL

You can also consider getting some L armor with Electric protection, should be easier then since they do 100% Electric.

Unarmored, backwalking, only 1.30 decay on vivo s10 + bp s1x1 did just fine, just took a while.

Back