Question: Rings: What do you THINK the decay per hour will be like?

Falagor

Stalker
Society
NBK Rangers
Falagor Falagor Frostmaster
Hello,

i was thinking what the decay/h on the (L) and UL rings might be after MA will try to balance this to fit into game.

Here are my thought:
1) lets look at the Ares rings first since we have item that is basicly with identical stats already: Neurostim-X. That costs 5ped for 12%/1%/12% for 30minutes so 10ped for 1h AND it has no option to "unequip" the buff i.e. when you need 15min break from hunting (at cost of 0.02 reequiping it).
So if the gain was linear the Ares rings should decay:
3.33ped / h for (L) ring
6.66ped / h for Improved
8.33ped / h for Modified
11.66ped / h for Perfected
Consdiering that rings have TT value of 10ped this seems kinda high tbh.
2) now lets look at Hermetic rings and compare them to Kanin passive pet buffs. Regular bunny has +8% acceleration buff - same as Adjusted Hermetic. After rebalance regular Kanin costs 11+6 nutrio/h. Also kanins are much more easier to get than UL rings thats for sure... So even with current nutrio prices (300%+) it costs ~0.50ped-0.60ped/h. So rings should decay around:
0.40ped / h for (L) ring
0.50ped / h for Adjusted
0.70ped / h for Imrpoved?
Good thing is: Ring + pet buff stacks...
Now i kinda understand why they nerfed the pets... 12 nutrio/h for +8% and 14.4 nutrio/h for +14% compared to the rings they wanted to release soon - seemed to good.
3) i have never used the +HP buffs yet so far so can't really say how much they might decay
4),5) the evade and taming rings are something new so hard to say here either.

My conclusion:
- Neurostim-X defnetly needs rebalance (lower cost) or the ares rings will have to be repaired very often if MA decides they will have similar cost.
- i still think that current nutrio consumption on Kanins (and all other pets too ofc) is too high so those need rebalance too.
- adding proper decay on the rings to "fit" other items will be really hard for MA.

What i would do in MA place as balancing manager?
- increase time on Neurostim-X to around 3h (leaving boost as it is). This way ares could have ~0.60, 1.20, 1.40, 2.00ped decay accordingly. This seems very reasonable from player perspective.
- reduce pet buff costs to previous state (mayby 10% more than they were before) and make Hermetic ring decay as mentioned BUT they would have special ability to triger "charge" for ~30sec (run with +50%/+60/+75% acceleration) that would have lets say 3-5min cooldown and cooldwon would be counting down only when ring is equiped.
Decay on rings would stay as mentioned. This way it would give Hermetic ring some other purpose AND it would not have to reduce its decay to like 0.20ped / h decay to stand in line with pet buffs.
- on other rings i can't really tell since i have too little experience to tell balancing on them but i guess Neuro-Y would need similar rebalancing too.

Thread open for discussion - please post your thoughts.

@edit:
please change that "Ringd" to "Rings" in title ;). I checked post for errors except the title ;).

@edit2:
at my rebalance: the Hermetic rings would still give +5%/8%/10% buff as they do now and the "charge" ability would be something special that would make them dfferent from rabbits. Seems this was not clear ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Last edited:
If the sad history of pets is any guide, I THINK they will be nerfed not once but several times until the optimal level of disgust among users is reached. :evilking:

If the sad history of pets is any guide, I THINK they will be nerfed not once but several times until the optimal level of disgust among users is reached. :evilking:

Just enought to get your credit card from your pocket but not enought to eat it :laugh:

Judging by the distribution of rings and buffs, I think we will see the limited ones decay less than the neurostims and that the decay on the ul rings will be even less, with smaller cost to benefit the rarer the rings are.

Where's my augmented loot ring?

I looked forward to item tiers, but was disappointed by the cost of using enhancers. I hope buff items don't go the same way, balancing them so they become uneco for the majority of players.

Last edited:
I am not thinking the (L) rings will be changed really, 2 pec per equip seems about right, I have already swapped rings a few times just for different occasions i need them for, and you unequip both rings when you unequip one ring so decay is happening. Anyways both times I unequiped just one ring it took both off.

But it is MA they probably will find a way for them to decay fast, but I'd expect it for the UL rings just as well not just the L rings.

Who says they will? Many myself included would be pissed by this, and it would have to be applied to coats as well...
Still does not anwer how they will decay ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Back