Vixen Android Pet

A "pet" that encourages the enslavement of women is not appropriate anywhere.

This.

I strongly suspect this idea for a pet was also a deliberate attempt by someone in the RT team if not ND himself to create 'publicity' off the back of the controversy. As such since I found out I decided I would no longer be talking about RT or anything to do with it.

That said I'm posting this here. It will be my only post on the subject but I might as well explain why I'm reacting. I have quite a few friends who work for a charity that helps the rescued victims of human trafficking (modern day slavery) of which most are sex slaves. I've also has a guy treat me like I was his possession for a while. I don't find the idea of a tameable stripper in the least bit amusing, and I'm very glad it doesn't spawn on any of the other planets.

This.

I strongly suspect this idea for a pet was also a deliberate attempt by someone in the RT team if not ND himself to create 'publicity' off the back of the controversy. As such since I found out I decided I would no longer be talking about RT or anything to do with it.

That said I'm posting this here. It will be my only post on the subject but I might as well explain why I'm reacting. I have quite a few friends who work for a charity that helps the rescued victims of human trafficking (modern day slavery) of which most are sex slaves. I've also has a guy treat me like I was his possession for a while. I don't find the idea of a tameable stripper in the least bit amusing, and I'm very glad it doesn't spawn on any of the other planets.

I fully agree with MarieWoodell.

And I am extremely disappointed that MindArk has accepted this 'pet'.

Last edited:
A) Anyone who wants to argue that "they are just robots" should have absolutely no complaint if the were suddenly re-skinned to look like the bots on Calypso. If you do have a problem with that, then you are calling bullshit on your own argument.

B). Planet partners create planets to a theme of their own design. ND has designed Rocktropia in the manner that he sees fit. Dave and the guys designed Arkadia to their theme. Every other planet partner has designed their world around a particular theme. Am I particularly excited to see a bunch of people dragging their stripper slaves around with them? Not particularly. But I accept the fact that when I go to RT, it is part of the theme.

What I don't really understand is that, when Ancient Greece was introduced and excluded the use of virtually every tool and piece of clothing that was available in the rest of EU, pretty much no one had a problem with that. Now that the creators of Toulan have decided that they don't want stripper slaves on their planet, people are branding them as Islamist extremists and trying to stir up as much animosity as possible.

I'm thinking that, just maybe, it isn't the Toulan designers that are the problem.

Last edited:
Nothing unforeseen here...

RT sank to a new low.

You can't put absolutely anything in the game, call it a droid, and say it's ok.

All we can really do is put in support cases to have them removed. At the end I think this would be best for all. I know a lot of people really don't see an issue with them but then again look at the state of our RL life around us. Bit by bit it's being degraded more and more and such more and more aren't really understanding why.

<removed>

Toulan Developers have a right to keep their Planet within a certain theme. They have a good taste and ban certain things like this silly mob from RT.
Just don't go there if you don't want <removed>.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets not forget that this is not real life and the Vixen in not a real person.
for those taking it too seriously, why not scream murder when someone hunts Vixens?

Toulan's only complaint is about the amount of "virtual skin" showing, not the fact that you have a virtual woman as a pet.

And if I dont feed my pet it isn't animal abuse!
It's VIRTUAL reality

Toulan Developers have a right to keep their Planet within a certain theme. They have a good taste and ban certain things like this silly mob from RT.

Thank you! I am happy to see the few commenters here who understand the fine line between "humour" and RT (yea, it says robots in the descriptionblabla) and even more: that there are reasons why someone doesn't want want sexual jokes in thier business.

It's a free worls in some areas and so we should accept that many ppl like seucal jokes, but we should also accept, when someone doesn't like it in their area. Some respect in both directions would help the world.

A "pet" that encourages the enslavement of women is not appropriate anywhere.

I approve.
Indeed.

How does a virtual game encourage the enslavement of women - does it also encourage the enslavement of pandas and mythical creatures or are we just being too politically correct here !
In making it normal to keep a woman as a pet. There are a lot of young minds in this game,who need no exra encouragement to treat women badly.
I'd be interested to know what the reaction would have been if instead of an android representing a woman, this happened with an android representing a black man.
I had made this very point on another thread about this, and it is so very true.
This.

100% agree with you. Regardless if they lable them "androids" it is at the very best extremely bad taste, and I completely back Toulan on their protest - they have went right up on my estimations.
I fully agree with MarieWoodell.

And I am extremely disappointed that MindArk has accepted this 'pet'.
It is very concerning indeed.

RT sank to a new low.

You can't put absolutely anything in the game, call it a droid, and say it's ok.
Exactly.

I am very disappointed that the game has come to this. Regardless if they are just pixels, making it the norm to create "sexy" women which can be whipped into becoming your slave, is outrageous. And certainly not the game I signed up to.

The male boorums on Calypso upsets me, please remove them.

Oh wait, its a freakin game :boxer:

I named my Vixen Mommy, nothing sexual there :laugh:

The male boorums on Calypso upsets me, please remove them.

Oh wait, its a freakin game :boxer:

I named my Vixen Mommy, nothing sexual there :laugh:

And yes they should as well be removed..but most will not understand why and is again why it's so sad to see us going this route.

It's not so much that it is sexual.

But the message it sends, as well as the fucked up argumentation around it.

If I developed a game where your objective was to run around and sexually molest infant-lookalike-androids I guess you'd think that was an awesome game and nothing wrong with it, because they are bots?

The whole argument stinks. Why can't the people in favor of the damn things just be honest and say "Hey, I want tameable strippers. I think it is funny and appropriate in a sci-fi game". No. Instead we see all sort of bullshit justifications.

I do find them funny. I just dont get how people can get so upset over a fictional mob in a game. Do I endorse slaver and traficking? Hell no. Do I think that it have anything to do with a PC game. Nope. Go do some real change in real life instead of saving us from Vixens. Its just a game (virtual universe, or w/e you like to call it).

Its like getting upset at Postal or GTA.:eyecrazy:

I do find them funny. I just dont get how people can get so upset over a fictional mob in a game. Do I endorse slaver and traficking? Hell no. Do I think that it have anything to do with a PC game. Nope. Go do some real change in real life instead of saving us from Vixens. Its just a game (virtual universe, or w/e you like to call it).

Its like getting upset at Postal or GTA.:eyecrazy:

No, it is not like getting upset at Postal or GTA, because it is completely different games.

If I decided to play GTA, I wouldn't mind all the strippers in the world parading after my car. However, in EU, I see no place for them.

No, it is not like getting upset at Postal or GTA, because it is completely different games.

If I decided to play GTA, I wouldn't mind all the strippers in the world parading after my car. However, in EU, I see no place for them.

They do fit in very well at Rocktropia :wise:

And you know what you are signing up for when you play GTA. I am disgusted by this, and was not part of the game I signed up to. If I wanted that crap there are tonnes of places online where you can find it!.

What on earth were MA thinking. Here they are spending a fortune producing an element to the game which is all cute and fluffy, aimed at the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Can you imagine if Compets became a great success, pandas & bunnies raking them in a fortune - then some online tabloid runs with the dirty filthy secret that the game also promotes the exploitation and slavery of women. Even if you don't care either way on this one... its pretty fucking stupid business sense! Wake up MA... this is bad news.

Boo freaking hoo....Something offends me....Remove it from the game. I'm offended by fat people, vegans, people who drive a Prius, men who wear wife beaters, boy bands, facial tattoos, those stupid stretchy ear lobe piercings that smell like hot garbage, adults who wear shirts with words on them, high schoolers who cuss too much, and people who regularly use the term "bro." The difference is, I'm not self important enough to think that the things that offend me shouldn't be allowed to be enjoyed by anybody else.

I can't wait to get my vixen pet. I'll only be leaving RT for events and such anyway.

So I'm a little confused, at level 7, will this Android Vixen pet be running around every planet or just Rocktropia or all planets with the exception of Toulan?

I'm surprised it was made tamable, but then I wasn't in favour of the Boorum because I could see it being a problem in certain countries (didn't happen - yet)

They do fit in very well at Rocktropia :wise:

I agree.
Along with zombies, kingkong, werewolves, motorheads and what not.
Real freak show.
Some like it, some don't - some go there , some don't.

And there is absolutely no reason why any PP should be forced to accept one of those oddities on their Planet.

Anyone who has never personally encountered (or indeed been on the receiving end) of sexual abuse may not be able to relate to the concern some are expressing about the Vixen Android being 'tamed' by being 'whipped' and having their 'spirit broken'.

I've had it said to me ingame that it's merely one step on from being able to shoot, stab, or beat them to 'death', and there's some truth in that too.

Yes, they're just pixels, but I see a distinction between 'humanoid' mobs such as Boorum and the Rocktropia mobs (both male and female) that are graphically similar to our own avatars.

I do find these issues personally disturbing, and I've wondered how the inclusion of such content will reflect on the overall reputation of the game. I can well understand that the Toulan dev team in particular might find such 'pets' out of keeping with their planet's theme.

/mod note/

The issue of Toulan having an Arabic theme (and an development team based in Jordan) has been known since the planet's concept was first made public. Inflammatory posts about religion or other bigotry will not be tolerated here.

The issue of the Vixen Android mobs now being tamable will inevitably have some crossover with RL controversial issues. Please try to keep the discussion focused on the game impacts though.

<removed>

According how you write, I assume, you are from US.

So I have a little thing for you to think about: in Germany, we have naked breasts in the public all the time. People who do this, don't get arrested. We see nipples on pictures, they are not photoshopped. On the other hand, we do not allow cruel material (like posting pictures of behaded or shot people in a games forum). But we allow (!) to post naked breasts in a game forum. Because we believe, nakes bodies are not as bad a cruel pictures.

Pretty much the opposite to what you see in US. Different country, different rules. And to be honest: I love to see naked breasts, so I prefer the rules of EU vs US :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vixen Android Pet....

Thats for me the LAST CALL i feel like IDIOT??...Bye Bye all...not worth it ANYmore!!!

:loco:

So much to think about what other write :D

In case anyone was wondering how much these "androids" could possible look like a woman who was deliberately designed to be related to sex...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...0_10152888525006562_2601378020287329347_o.jpg

(Originally linked by Svarog on WS thread - I just thought it should be seen here).

I personally find them repulsive and poorly designed, and very much glad they will stay on RT where I won't be going. However it casts a horrible light over the whole game in general.

I love seeing some of the fabulous beautiful creations people have made with their avatar - I have no qualms with a player having a very sexy and provocative avatar. However a whippable, tamable, half naked woman in lingerie who will become your very own slave to keep, make do tricks or to sell... disgusting.

According how you write, I assume, you are from US.

So I have a little thing for you to think about: in Germany, we have naked breasts in the public all the time. People who do this, don't get arrested. We see nipples on pictures, they are not photoshopped. On the other hand, we do not allow cruel material (like posting pictures of behaded or shot people in a games forum). But we allow (!) to post naked breasts in a game forum. Because we believe, nakes bodies are not as bad a cruel pictures.

Pretty much the opposite to what you see in US. Different country, different rules. And to be honest: I love to see naked breasts, so I prefer the rules of EU vs US :D.

No blood in computer games though right?

As you say, different country, different rules.

Vixens are robots! Loots and acts as a robot, so not really "enslavement of women".

Ditto!

Where's the PETA a-holes about the starving pets who have to be whipped into submission and wear "chains" around their necks too??!!
(My apologies to the right-minded people who care about animal care and well-being. I've been a pet owner all my life.)

I love it how people pick and choose what they respond to in a thread. Obviously do not have answers to all the comments made

Back