Ring Transformation System - Buff Stack System

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]Ring transformation system - Buff stack system[/h]

Questions regarding the utility of the many limited rings currently found in Classified Strongboxes have arisen.

A system in which a number of rings (and other items) can be combined and transformed into something else, for example one superior ring, is currently in development. The system is intended not just to provide a use for lesser rings; it will be an exciting new feature in its own right.

We are also looking into the current buff effect stacking logic. Our intent is to, in a balanced way, improve the benefits of combining buff effects of the same type from multiple sources (such as rings, consumables, tools and pets), as well as to allow for the stacking of some buffs that are not currently stackable.

Stay tuned for more details as these two new exciting systems develop.

MindArk

Originally Posted Here

Good communication. + Rep to MA :) Keep this up..

Is it me or last week we got more message than for the last 12 months :eyecrazy:

So basically one will be able to "transform" for example 5x Athenic Ring (L) + ("SHROOMS") into Athenic Ring UL and then adj,imp and so on all the way to augmented?

Oh and please drop that "shroom" in loot like all the other shrooms because we do love them shroooms.. :lolup:

If so.. I'll love it :yay:

Collect 10 of each of UL rings and the both unique ones, melt them together into the One Ring.

This reminds me Vendor Recipes from PoE, nice move MA ;)

And please do not stop communication like this!

I am guessing this combination of items will not be a cheap thing, kind of like the path to getting the Chips from Galactic missions is not a cheap venture to go down.

Yea i really want to be able to trade away rings i dont need MA

On every benefit there will be something changed to balance it as usual.
So as we know from experience avatar skill efects will be probably nerfed.
It work in same way as first nerf skill gains then add skill gain pills,
And when that dont work then we will get enviroment changes, mobs changes, item stats and useability changes and so on.
Take a ride while it last, after time and many VU's you will perform with all rings, bracalets, bufs, ect same as you do now without them.
I wellcome new items, consumables and bufs but in same time i see it as devaluation of avatar skills.
No need skilling much, just need right rings and bufs lol.
Is this anounced path towards causal players?

[h=3]Ring transformation system - Buff stack system[/h]

Questions regarding the utility of the many limited rings currently found in Classified Strongboxes have arisen.

A system in which a number of rings (and other items) can be combined and transformed into something else, for example one superior ring, is currently in development. The system is intended not just to provide a use for lesser rings; it will be an exciting new feature in its own right.

We are also looking into the current buff effect stacking logic. Our intent is to, in a balanced way, improve the benefits of combining buff effects of the same type from multiple sources (such as rings, consumables, tools and pets), as well as to allow for the stacking of some buffs that are not currently stackable.

Stay tuned for more details as these two new exciting systems develop.

MindArk

Originally Posted Here

Very nice, thanks for this, please keep up the good communication.

Is it me or last week we got more message than for the last 12 months :eyecrazy:

Often the way that when MA are being quiet, they are working on something to surprise us.

I remember being similarly surprised when vehicles arrived :)

I was wondering what people were going to do if they ended up with 5 identical L rings that didnt decay and couldnt be traded. Looks like we will be refining them in a similar way to how weapon amps are improved / modified to me. I think in other games its called "Enhancing"

While you are at it can you reward players who have skilled for many years and completed many missions to get high attributes by increasing the effect of those attributes. A player with 130 agility should run much much faster than one with 80 agility, for example. Right now the difference is hardly noticeable, yet the buffs have great effect.

On every benefit there will be something changed to balance it as usual.
So as we know from experience avatar skill efects will be probably nerfed.
It work in same way as first nerf skill gains then add skill gain pills,
And when that dont work then we will get enviroment changes, mobs changes, item stats and useability changes and so on.
Take a ride while it last, after time and many VU's you will perform with all rings, bracalets, bufs, ect same as you do now without them.
I wellcome new items, consumables and bufs but in same time i see it as devaluation of avatar skills.
No need skilling much, just need right rings and bufs lol.
Is this anounced path towards causal players?

I can agree with all this.... Eventually it will all be the same at more cost of using more stuff to do the same as you used to without so much decay. But makes for interesting game play and gives more dynamics to how you setup and play your avatar.

Good and Bad for about anything they could do.

Bad is people getting bored of the same old grind same old way for month after month etc. Good they get new options to approach the same boring tasks.

Bad is people with specific methods of continuous profit will have to adapt, Good is others have to also adapt along the way.

Anyone else think that this whole "buff" thing has already gone to the point of stupidity?

We have armor bonuses and helmet bonuses and cloak bonuses and pet bonuses and pill bonuses and ring bonuses. Have I forgotten anything?

Anyone else think that this whole "buff" thing has already gone to the point of stupidity?

We have armor bonuses and helmet bonuses and cloak bonuses and pet bonuses and pill bonuses and ring bonuses. Have I forgotten anything?

Mindforce buffs and weapon buffs as well as skill gain buffs?

Amulet bonuses to be added? :)

Falagor
:bandit:

Stupidity? If you dont like them im sure you can find a way of not using these buffs, there is no one that forces you to use them except maybe the skillgain procs ofcourse. Most people have to understand that there is great potential in this "new" buffs system for more efficient gameplay. I strongly approve of them all and these strongboxes were the most exciting thing that has happend so far!

Great! I want stack my ML-35 SGA with Arso TEN and hybrid will shoot frogs that eat everything they see and loot all too! :laugh:

But seriously, it is time to stack the excavator, a machine gun and a nuclear power plant in one device!

I like this idea.

Stupidity? If you dont like them im sure you can find a way of not using these buffs, there is no one that forces you to use them except maybe the skillgain procs ofcourse. Most people have to understand that there is great potential in this "new" buffs system for more efficient gameplay. I strongly approve of them all and these strongboxes were the most exciting thing that has happend so far!

"Forces" me to use them? Hmmm...

Well,

Due to the fact that I was silly enough to run right out and buy 100 scratch-off tickets ( I mean "strongboxes" ) in hopes of winning a jackpot ( ermm, "looting an item with huge MU" ), I ended up with a pile of pills that I have no interest in, can't auction, but might be able to sell p2p. I also now have a handful of rings which I have no interest in, can't auction, and can't sell.

Going forward, if I want to buy more scratch-off tickets ( I mean "strongboxes" ) in further hopes of winning a jackpot ( ermm, "looting an item with huge MU" ), I will end up with an even bigger pile of pills that I have no interest in, can't auction, but might be able to sell p2p, and even more rings which I have no interest in, can't auction, and can't sell.

But wait, there's more-

If MA is going to continue to add "buffs" to everything, either the people who "choose" to use them will have a very significant advantage, or the game will evolve in such a way that the people who do not "choose" to use them will be playing at a significant disadvantage.

Ah, but what the hell... I guess the reason I signed up for the game is so that I can run around looking like a retard in my Viking Helmet, Vampire Cloak, and a ring on each finger, using my skill bonus rifle with the critical hit scope and laser sight, all the while sucking up handfuls of pills from my magical pill box, and having my pet Easter Bunny hopping along behind me.

Woohoo. :dancing:

Ah, but what the hell... I guess the reason I signed up for the game is so that I can run around looking like a retard in my Viking Helmet, Vampire Cloak, and a ring on each finger, using my skill bonus rifle with the critical hit scope and laser sight, all the while sucking up handfuls of pills from my magical pill box, and having my pet Easter Bunny hopping along behind me.

See you get it!!!! :laugh:

"Forces" me to use them? Hmmm...

If MA is going to continue to add "buffs" to everything, either the people who "choose" to use them will have a very significant advantage, or the game will evolve in such a way that the people who do not "choose" to use them will be playing at a significant disadvantage.

My biggest concern, you need the faster reload ring or you're left as an inferior player.

Ring of Lootious - requirements:

1) Refine 5,000,000 (L) rings = 50 metal studs worth 0 MU and 0.50 Pec
2) Refine 50 metal studs w/ Unique Theia Ring = 1 unique metal stud worth 0 MU and 0.01 Pec
3) Refine 50 metal studs w/ Unique Iapetus Ring = 1 unique metal stud worth 0 MU and 0.01 Pec
4) Refine 2 unique metal studs w/ 500,000 billion Universal Ammo = Ring of (fill in the blank here)
5) Refine Ring of (fill in the blank here) w/ Non-Existant Ring of Lore = Ring of Lootious

"While wearing the Ring of Lootious, my MU and loots went back to 1984"
- Wize Guyy Jak who spoke to Broke Azz Niic

well we still got boorums penis

well we still got boorums penis

Will we ever be able to do this to BLUEPRINTS?

Last edited:
My biggest concern, you need the faster reload ring or you're left as an inferior player.

Bit late for that after mining amps, tiering, pet buffs and who knows how many pills most of which if you're not using them you'd be asked why? Hell I don't even use L except for one really old mining finder that I occasionally dust off for use.

I guess the next thing will be buffs for sleeping in beds in our own apartments or at hotels that will be available for sale while we're offline.

I wish I could say no but in my heart I just don't care anymore, the EU I joined in Feb 06 is long dead and isn't coming back.

Last edited:
I just hope we can "Transform" L rings into unlimited.. maybe 10-25 per transformation...

It is ridiculous for the people who bought thousands of boxes, have a hundred L rings, can't TT them, and didn't loot a single decent ring.

Collect 10 of each of UL rings and the both unique ones, melt them together into the One Ring.

eheheh...hope Saruman doesnt come up to the one who did that....lol

keep em coming MA!:lolup:
looking forward to the weapon effects
cold = slow
lightning = stun
we got fire on the arson
freeze..
etc etc
oh. and mindforce amps..

Back