Buy item in webshop with ped

Etopia

Bitchtropian
Society
The Incredibles
ETOPIA
Why its impossible to buy box or what ever from webshop with ped ?

Because MA wants your money to be like Hotel California:

"You can check in anytime you like, but you can never leave"

Because MA wants your money (not ingame, but additional depo)! :laugh:
But as you probably know, in most browser game you cannot buy any luxury item for earned credits, only for real money. It is absolutely normal.

I am hoping down the line they will be added to some mission reward, or made available with (daily) tokens.

Well it sucks for some that don't have paypal or a CC (not me someone else) but has and gets their peds via a bank account but cannot get anything from the webshop via the bankaccount. That sucks!

in most browser game you cannot buy any luxury item for earned credits, only for real money. It is absolutely normal.

According to MA, 10 PED = 1 USD.

I agree with OP, i think a few people got screwed if making big depo right before they released the boxes.

According to MA, 10 PED = 1 USD.

I agree with OP, i think a few people got screwed if making big depo right before they released the boxes.

In terms of simple math - yes. However, look at the other side. You are successful and you earn PED at the expense of other players (I think most money in your account is likely not what you depo). I think that developers believe, that you should not use the money, earned by other players for you, but use the additional funds for the Boxes. And in this sense MA is provided a players equation.

Players which was able to make big depo before boxes, will be able to make the depo again after boxes, and MA will be happy! I play without depo now, but I bought 200 Boxes, just for fun. I think MA is happy :)

It is absolutely normal.

And that is precisely the problem.

If EU becomes like all those other pay-to-win games then there is no longer any point to its existence.

If EU becomes like all those other pay-to-win games then there is no longer any point to its existence.

That is, you as an old-timer, do not would to give opportunities to rise other aspects the game? In my opinion, old times are gone. There is a new direction and MA must continue to go there. All oldtimers can leave EU - with new functions MA will found 100 new players instead each of them.

Because MA wants your money (not ingame, but additional depo)! :laugh:
But as you probably know, in most browser game you cannot buy any luxury item for earned credits, only for real money. It is absolutely normal.

there is many game in wich you can trade the game money for shop token , and then buy those special luxury item.

game token or ped dont fall from sky , there is player that did depot it.

there is someone that did depot , so i have ped on my avatar.
my ped is $ , same like i did deposit it.

also , i can simply withdraw ped to my bank acount , and then buy stuff from webshop ,beside the fact that i feed bank , it just increase job at MA since they handel withdraw hand way...
waste of time for everyone.

in RCE all ped are linked to $ that got depoed by someone... if it me or someone else who care ?
what count is that this money is spend in game , by me or someone else.

i have ped , i want boxe , why not sell me , its just better for economie...
or is there something i did miss ?

MA hoping i will by boxes even if i have ped ? lol no way.
i will take out my ped , maybe in black market , and voila...

That is, you as an old-timer, do not would to give opportunities to rise other aspects the game? In my opinion, old times are gone. There is a new direction and MA must continue to go there. All oldtimers can leave EU - with new functions MA will found 100 new players instead each of them.

we are still here , and we still are many...

i dont think old timer are against change in game , all those i know welcome many change...

the problem here is webshop take out stuff that could be find in game...
you depot , go in game and play it , get skill , find stuff and so on...
what many player are against , is system that over buff avatar for money , and make the game money less interessing...

EU is an RCE... if it become too close of those other game , EU will die , as , feature graphism , and option , are far far from the qualitie of other game...

go play some free game with those token $ , you will be very surprised the qualitie you can get...

what make EU still work is the RCE side...
kill the RCE , and you kill EU

Last edited:
Because MA wants your money (not ingame, but additional depo)!
:laugh:
This I agree
But this I don't. Cause the way the economies work in your example and EU are different (one's positive, the other's negative).

To be honest, I think the real reason is more along the line that even MA themselves don't "recognize" the value of PEDs. That is...until the moment you initiate a withdrawal, and only until then...that they are forced to recognize it.

The game fundamentally survives on "deposits" and nothing else.

And unless that changes, I highly doubt they would ever allow us to use already existing in-game PEDs to buy stuff from the webshop.

(For that to happen, each and every PED in-game must be backed by real cold hard cash. Every 10 PEDs backed by 1 USD. Unless and until then, PEDs are nothing more than "another game's in-game fake money".)

Last edited:
To be honest, I think the real reason is more along the line that even MA themselves don't "recognize" the value of PEDs. That is...until the moment you initiate a withdrawal, and only until then...that they are forced to recognize it.

The game fundamentally survives on "deposits" and nothing else.

And unless that changes, I highly doubt they would ever allow us to use already existing in-game PEDs to buy stuff from the webshop.

(For that to happen, each and every PED in-game must be backed by real cold hard cash. Every 10 PEDs backed by 1 USD. Unless and until then, PEDs are nothing more than "another game's in-game fake money".)

i dont agree , i had a cash card , and i could spend my ped in irl shop , or take cash from ATM machine...

i dont agree , i had a cash card , and i could spend my ped in irl shop , or take cash from ATM machine...

Is it still a functioning service or is it something that was provided in the past?

I've heard about it before, but have always thought that it was discontinued?

Could you provide additional info on this?

All oldtimers can leave EU - with new functions MA will found 100 new players instead each of them.
Heys I'm, feeling like a worn Hack Saw blade. :scratch2:.

...also , i can simply withdraw ped to my bank acount , and then buy stuff from webshop ,beside the fact that i feed bank , it just increase job at MA since they handel withdraw hand way...
waste of time for everyone...

Think in terms of Financial Statements: the number of deposits and the total associated with it will always be number 1. It doesn't matter much that you get almost all back, as most is ammo and pills that you must use in-game in order to take advantage.
If you withdraw and then go buy from the web store the balance is $xxxx withdrawal = $xxxx depo... not good.

Your bolded statement shows exactly why old timers are not that easily replaceable; you'll have to understand what the core players like about EU. Sure, you're free to think EU is whatever you like it to be... but that doesn't make it so.

Is it still a functioning service or is it something that was provided in the past?

I've heard about it before, but have always thought that it was discontinued?

Could you provide additional info on this?

its discontinued , it was very consting service , and i think MA had hard time to provide all guarenty , maybe there is law problem too.
MA tryed to create a bank , to offer that service ( and other ) back in game , but failled to do so.

not much info to provide , you had to pay for the cash card , and provide many paper .some time after you get your card home.after you had to put ped on card before you spend them as $(max was 20k ped per month).there was some bank fee all the way , but well , was still fun to go to shop or restaurent , and pay in ped.

its discontinued , it was very consting service , and i think MA had hard time to provide all guarenty , maybe there is law problem too.
MA tryed to create a bank , to offer that service ( and other ) back in game , but failled to do so.

not much info to provide , you had to pay for the cash card , and provide many paper .some time after you get your card home.after you had to put ped on card before you spend them as $(max was 20k ped per month).there was some bank fee all the way , but well , was still fun to go to shop or restaurent , and pay in ped.

Well...that was "then" and my reasoning is "now".

Back then, MA might have still recognized the value of PEDs. But now? No longer.

Just take a look at this interesting thing I've found and compare it to now.

Back Then:
http://www.mindark.com/investor-relations/financial-reports/documents/AnnualReport2007_LOW.pdf

Now:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?274613-Mindark-Annual-Report-2014

Should give you some valuable insight.

(Back then in 2007, MA had enough cash on hands to cover ~20% of unconsumed holdings. Now? Barely 4%.)

Last edited:
Well it sucks for some that don't have paypal or a CC (not me someone else) but has and gets their peds via a bank account but cannot get anything from the webshop via the bankaccount. That sucks!

It's going to be hard to make any kind of internet purchases without a credit card, Entropia is the least of their problems. Since they have a bank account, they can easily go to the paypal website and create a new account, to which they should be able to link their bank account in order to make purchases. Problem solved. If they've been banned from paypal for some reason or have bad credit they have two other options: get a debit card for their bank account, or apply for a secured credit card from their bank. A secured credit card is where they put a hold, say $300, on your bank account and then give you a credit card which has a $300 limit. I believe they count positively toward your credit rating so it's often a first step for young people or people who've hosed their credit rating.

Also, some banks are more strict about credit than others, so if they're refused a credit card from one bank it doesn't necessarily mean they can't get one elsewhere.

Last edited:
i think ma dont want people to use ped because the will just cycle what the buy sell and rinse a repeat

they want more money ingame make it harder to get it out

your ped are worthless to them again pure money coming in

because what ever you would buy in ped from the shop you get back the same the would have better put the stuff at the tt machine

i think ma dont want people to use ped because the will just cycle what the buy sell and rinse a repeat

they want more money ingame make it harder to get it out

your ped are worthless to them again pure money coming in

because what ever you would buy in ped from the shop you get back the same the would have better put the stuff at the tt machine

you forget decay and all cost to play...

lets say player A deposit
he buy item to player B mean auction fee...
player B buy boxes , he sell item he find in it , or use it , mean cost to play...
the ped are gone , and if player want to continue , they need deposit again...
no matter if player that deposit buy amo in game or in web shop...
everything in the game is designed to pay back less than what you spend.

again , ped dont fall from sky , they are create when $ is injected in game , and used while playing until they vanish through all fee and cost to play.and if you manage to make more ped , its an other player who did lose it...
no one win against MA , you play and win against other player.

from what i know when there is way guarantie to make peds , its an abuse of the game mecanics , and MA fix it fast , and ban player...or , MA let that bug be there because it bring something else in the picture , for exemple axe 1.0 bug , did puch many player to use melee , so could create a lot more , and new melee item...

anyway , the point is to cycle ped , and alow player to use ped in webshop would just cycle more ped , so more income for MA...

Your bolded statement shows exactly why old timers are not that easily replaceable

I'm ingame from Jan-2007 (middle-timer :) ), nothing changes in the game if I'll withdraw all.
If I'm gone, my gameplay will be easily replaced with one or several players and all will be continued.
So this thread is about nothing. If you want boxes - pay real cash.

It becomes a bit strange when you can't buy the stuff with ingame PED, but you can withdraw the peds and get real cash and buy it with them.

It becomes a bit strange when you can't buy the stuff with ingame PED, but you can withdraw the peds and get real cash and buy it with them.

This way MA buys time when they are holding the cash.

I did exactly this: bought 200 boxes and withdrawn 250$ (to counter fees).

Now i need to wait 3 months to get the cash back.

So basicly MA has bought time this way.

If the boxes would be buyable with PED from ingame then i would be buying about 200-400 boxes each day (i can cycle up to 5k peds daily easily) so soon i would have all the ul rings x5 (except unique ones) and that would make them not so rare and would ruin the whole concept of boxes.
So as well instead they could just put the rings at TT=10ped and selling at 30ped (so 20ped markup for MA) at NPC. Would work exactly the same (@edit: notice this is EXACTLY the mechanics for those new resurection chips ;)).

Falagor
:bandit:

im not saying a bad thin etopia for the players there not looking for the players there looking for money

your peds are there already there money just untill you take it out cycling it may yes lower it

but what the realy want is not money put in all the depo it like rain to them lotss lots of money injected ingame

from what i can see the early bid will profit from the box and the poeple that buy those item will be the one that will suffer at the end

most of it wont be much after every dog and cat buy them boxs

To understand why you cant use ped in webshop you must understand the reason for the implementation of the Strongboxes.

MA has run out of cash, the injection from the CLD sales are soon drained out, this is just another way ( again ) to trick us into depositing more fresh cash into the game.

Im so glad i withdrew a majority of my assets a few months ago.

If the boxes would be buyable with PED from ingame then i would be buying about 200-400 boxes each day (i can cycle up to 5k peds daily easily) so soon i would have all the ul rings x5 (except unique ones) and that would make them not so rare and would ruin the whole concept of boxes.
So as well instead they could just put the rings at TT=10ped and selling at 30ped (so 20ped markup for MA) at NPC. Would work exactly the same (@edit: notice this is EXACTLY the mechanics for those new resurection chips ;)).

Falagor

yes that probably restricts buyment of boxes a bit but then maybe they should also make a maximum of boxes which players can buy per day/week/month to stop the flooding

We passed this point along time ago, when skillplants arrived and you could buy your way to a highskilled avatar (One of the main reason I stopped playing before, wasnt all that fun to be "highlevel" avatar one day and outrun by chippers a few months later) So, reallt to late to start complaining about that I think :laugh:

Dear Etopia,

Maybe you should have a look at the issue, from a acountants view working for MA.

If someone use CC/paypal to buy boxes at webshop, there is cashflow, what will be visible in anual report as operational profit. Thats something that MA needs to show that it is healthy company. (actual not the case)

If someone use ingame PED to buy boxes from webshop, there is no cashflow visible. Only thing tha happens for anual report is slightly less liability, exactly the difference between the items PED value (what you get out of the box) vs the PED you paid for the box.

The difference between cost of box and PED value you get out of it, is minimal, low effect on anual report liabilities, so MA acountant isn´t interested in it.

So what to do to use ingame PED for buying boxes ?

1. Withdraw: MA gets a fee + bank gets a fee
2. Buy boxes with CC/paypal: MA gets a fee + bank gets a fee

That way MA can report cashflow at anual reports + some income from collected fees, and there is liability paid back vs a little less new liability from the value of the items from box.

For me it is absolutely logical that ingame PED can´t be used for things from webshop, MA needs real cashflow.

The problem is now, that MA introduces valuable items, that are not attainable ingame nor tradeable, thats absolutely wrong way!

If someone gets an item out of a box for MA it would be absolutely no difference if this ring is tradeable or not, it is already paid with the purchase of the box. Making this items soulbound is the wrong way!
That sucks, btw this soulbound thing sucks at every game, thats why I don´t play games where items are soulbound.
If MA continues that way many will leave! It is RCE, people here want to have the freedom to sell anything they own and then withdraw or use PED ingame for other things. Changing that option to a game where you soon will have tons of non tradeable items, what is RCE worth then? NOTHING !

No problem with untradeable ammo, actually I like uni ammo more than comon ammo, but items have always to be tradeable!

Well why not have boxes for peds and for $? MA would keep getting extra deposits and letting people buy boxes with PED would open a new huge ped sink. Even at 100% TT you don't get it all in usefull form you know ;).

Falagor

They also bought your processing fees for the withdrawal :laugh:

But on a more serious note, the idea of the web shop is to generate revenue, not to give players more options to spend ped that could (or could not) have been made at the cost of other players. The webshop using only cash is great for a big influx of money into the EU economy, and most people will probably not bother with a withdrawal if they only spent $50-100 on the web shop.

All-in-all, I think it was a good move by MA.

Back