Help: entropia decreases other audio

Magnus Mag

Old Alpha
Society
GSA HQ
Magnus Mag Ogg
hey i have a problem...
when i run entropia other computer audio gets played on lower volume until i exit entropia again..
this only happens when i start the other audio when eu is running..if i started a stream or music and then run entropia the volume doesn't get changed, but when i pause and start again it continues on low volume..

anyone got an idea what causes this?

SOLUTION

the problem:
the problem is windows 8 has an option activated that wants to make other sound lower when they think you use communication program like skype and windows thinks eu is such a program (propably because of the voice function)...
the fix:
you can deactivate this by going into control panel->sound->communications->(when windows detects communication activity) do nothing

thank you martin

Last edited:
I have the same issue on my Windows 8.1 Laptop. I end up turning my speakers up and up to hear the tv and then I leave EU and my speakers are deafening!

I have the same issue on my Windows 8.1 Laptop. I end up turning my speakers up and up to hear the tv and then I leave EU and my speakers are deafening!

yea thats the most annoying part

I wonder if this is related to the voice chat system, even if it's not working.

I've noticed same thing few days ago.

I think it's the windows 8.1 stupid feature, it happens in other apps too, not only in entropia.

Edit: here is what i found on the internet
HTML:
 http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/windows-reducing-system-volume/

I wonder if this is related to the voice chat system, even if it's not working.

Probably.

I remember now an issue on my main pc (Windows7 64-bit) but that we all had with GameVox Chat for Wof. We found that you couldn't be heard via the programme when EU was open unless the mic sound was turned up in the chat options in game.

Have you tried change under properties / advanced tab "Exclusive mode" and remove tickers ?

Output_Properties_-_Advanced.jpg

I've noticed same thing few days ago.

I think it's the windows 8.1 stupid feature, it happens in other apps too, not only in entropia.

Edit: here is what i found on the internet
HTML:
 http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/windows-reducing-system-volume/

that did it for me thank you...

the problem:
the problem is windows 8 has an option activated that wants to make other sound lower when they think you use communication program like skype and windows thinks eu is such a program (propably because of the voice function)...
the fix:
you can deactivate this by going into control panel->sound->communications->(when windows detects communication activity) do nothing

thank you martin

Last edited:
Back