Replace "PET" with COMPANION and .........

DaisyColdFinger

Stalker
Society
ROCK STARS>TKoE>Hell Yeah
Daisy ColdFinger (RIP 2008/22)
Outside of hunting.........................

In light of the recent thread pertaining to the use of violence to induce obedience in so called pets of animal and human nature i make the following suggestions.

SUGGESTION FOR MA

Replace "pet" tag with "Companion"
Replace whipping with "Care"
Replace whips with brushes or similar non violent
Breaking spirit should also be changed to "Bonding"

We lived near to the Kruger National park when i was a kid. We had two lionesses inside our property which would have eaten us alive if we EVER tried to whip them. So i honestly do not believe LOVE and DEVOTION is brought about with violence ever. As for the tricks or entertainment aspect perhaps MA can add a Ask Companion to : Which then has a hit and miss for tricks which would give the impression of WILL for the companion. I bring up these suggestions because although i love the female figure to look at and bring up close, i do recognize there is a SYMBOLIC element of violence to induce "Love and Devotion" (as apposed to LOOTING) here which i do not like.

We will no doubts later on get concerns with "pet combat" being associated with the encouraging or supporting the idea of "dog fighting" and the like. We will get there when we get there too.

Last edited:
lets change ammo to flowers while we are at it.

violence is bad :girl:

PVP encourages Violence

In PVP, when you try to kill someone else, make it so when you try and shoot him, it sets it up for the 2 avatars to have a sit down, and talk out there differences.... and neither of them can leave till they have a resolution... I could see this helping in the real world to......Not.

lets change ammo to flowers while we are at it.

violence is bad :girl:

Oh violence can solve allot of problems for sure, i know the value of it having had my youth in the unforgiving African bushveld where "caring" at the wrong time can get you killed ;) But youre talking about hunting in a taming thread which is almost like talking crafting in a mining thread :yup:

Well i have already contacted the WWF and see how they feel about me keeping a endangered species like the panda as a pet.

Oh violence can solve allot of problems for sure, i know the value of it having had my youth in the unforgiving African bushveld where "caring" at the wrong time can get you killed ;) But youre talking about hunting in a taming thread which is almost like talking crafting in a mining thread :yup:

I don't want to speak for jqkill, and I don't want to offend you, but I think your missing the point. To most of us (IMO) this as a video game. political correctness by some people is getting out of hand.. its a game, yes with real money, but its a game, stop trying to make it a political platform for issues or perceptions in the real world. I don't feel guilty about shooting someone in the head in PVP, and I don't feel guilty for whipping an animal to make it my own in a virtual world, I think we all would fell guilty if we did those things in the real world and should be put away for it, But this isn't real.

Here are 2 things:
#1 That quote makes a good argument for this forum to have a subcategory for just taming.
#2 I don't want to see young dudes that are looking for a "reaction" when a female avatar is around to go all of a sudden ape shit on taming,just to flex their immaturity.(which we know will happen.)

I am well aware that this is not "real life" circumstances but is just a game we play,but honestly I don't watch the television news for same reason..I don't want to see that shit! That's just my opinion..and I can always opt to "log out."

Edit: Noticed there is a category..Just hadn't noticed it's use..:D

:twocents:

Last edited:
Changes like this would certainly make it more palatable than it is currently, though it would remain distasteful at best. The symbolism is key.

Well i have already contacted the WWF and see how they feel about me keeping a endangered species like the panda as a pet.

I think the WWF are probably smart enough to recognise that pandas haven't been subjected to millennia of genuine real-life oppression and marginalisation, and that therefore their symbolic subjugation within the context of a game, while potentially discomforting, is by no means a damaging social issue, and certainly not comparable to the condoning and normalisation of violence against women.

I'm disturbed that some people on this forum have stated that the issue of not whipping women is merely "politically correct".

I actually think the OP's suggestions would be good. A lot of the people to whom in game pets appeal would rather care for their pets than whip them.

Reactions: J D
Outside of hunting.........................

In light of the recent thread pertaining to the use of violence to induce obedience in so called pets of animal and human nature i make the following suggestions.

SUGGESTION FOR MA

Replace "pet" tag with "Companion"
Replace whipping with "Care"
Replace whips with brushes or similar non violent
Breaking spirit should also be changed to "Bonding"

We lived near to the Kruger National park when i was a kid. We had two lionesses inside our property which would have eaten us alive if we EVER tried to whip them. So i honestly do not believe LOVE and DEVOTION is brought about with violence ever. As for the tricks or entertainment aspect perhaps MA can add a Ask Companion to : Which then has a hit and miss for tricks which would give the impression of WILL for the companion. I bring up these suggestions because although i love the female figure to look at and bring up close, i do recognize there is a SYMBOLIC element of violence to induce "Love and Devotion" (as apposed to LOOTING) here which i do not like.

We will no doubts later on get concerns with "pet combat" being associated with the encouraging or supporting the idea of "dog fighting" and the like. We will get there when we get there too.

As much as I hate to admit it, since I despice your profession as a "pirate" and allot of your actions in this forum, this is a great idea. I feel I must give you a +Rep on this.

BTW: Yes, I can see the paradox of me not liking what you do in this game while thinking the whole "Keeping a female as a pet" is getting blown out of proportion. :ahh:

What does the World Wrestling Federation have to do with any of this? :scratch2:

I think it is a well thought out suggestion from the OP.
We are not living in the dark ages here, we do not tame animals or in that matter people by beating them into submission. They dragged back the taming concept kicking and screaming without taking a moment to cast an eye over it and adjust its failings.

Compets is Mindarks new and exciting venture, however in its current format it is destined for disaster. Compets clearly aimed at those who would enjoy caring for and having some real cute pets. Whipping them to be tamed is at complete odds with this.

When you bring the scantly clad female into the mixture, then the taming is not just merely perplexing, but indeed down right wrong.

Changes like this would certainly make it more palatable than it is currently, though it would remain distasteful at best. The symbolism is key.

I think the WWF are probably smart enough to recognise that pandas haven't been subjected to millennia of genuine real-life oppression and marginalisation, and that therefore their symbolic subjugation within the context of a game, while potentially discomforting, is by no means a damaging social issue, and certainly not comparable to the condoning and normalisation of violence against women.

This. Completely. So very well written. This is also the basis as to why merely introducing male counterparts would not resolve the current situation.

I'm disturbed that some people on this forum have stated that the issue of not whipping women is merely "politically correct".

I actually think the OP's suggestions would be good. A lot of the people to whom in game pets appeal would rather care for their pets than whip them.

Indeed, it should not be so difficult to introduce a way to tame a pet without the need for whips.

As much as I hate to admit it, since I despice your profession as a "pirate" and allot of your actions in this forum, this is a great idea. I feel I must give you a +Rep on this.

Agreed, very good suggestions by op :)

I agree with the OP, always had a distaste for the whipping stuff (let's leave out a certain robot for the moment).

I've always wished the taming process would more resemble the idea in the movie 'Avatar'. Tougher creatures still need to be wrestled somehow, but the gist of it is telepathy. I.m.o. it would fit beautifully in Entropia if this already extant and so far unused profession would take center stage in connection with our pets.

Taming could be a mindforce procedure involving a new chip, whereby an attack would break concentration like usual. Some other mf chip like deceleration or a new one to stun the creature could be used instead of the whip, or why not just decoys? These are another thing readily available and underused.

The panda has been hunted for its meat and fur since the dawn of man. It's only been the last 30 years that it has been illegal to hunt them, but people still do. They have been forced out of environment further up the mountain where their food is rare. I don't think the WWF would condone a game that uses a whip on any defensive animal till it sucumb to the user.

Therefore the whole tamming should be taken down until its be evaluated that nothing in it can be seen as unacceptable in the real world. No violence against woman or animals. No slave trade. No sale of rare animals.

Also the powerfist should also be looked at as male avatar using it against a female avater can also be seen as violence against woman.

I agree with the OP, always had a distaste for the whipping stuff (let's leave out a certain robot for the moment).

I've always wished the taming process would more resemble the idea in the movie 'Avatar'. Tougher creatures still need to be wrestled somehow, but the gist of it is telepathy. I.m.o. it would fit beautifully in Entropia if this already extant and so far unused profession would take center stage in connection with our pets.

Taming could be a mindforce procedure involving a new chip, whereby an attack would break concentration like usual. Some other mf chip like deceleration or a new one to stun the creature could be used instead of the whip, or why not just decoys? These are another thing readily available and underused.

Comparing with avatar is a very interesting idea, however it should not be too patent-infringing similarity.

Tbh I've kind'a had a disgust when I saw the chains for 'naming the pets'.
I do agree with the OP, and it can all be a bit less middle-age-ish attitude towards companions :)

Last edited:
What does the World Wrestling Federation have to do with any of this? :scratch2:

I'm starting to witness some serious bullshit in this thread now, and certain people need to realise their hypocrisy alarms are going off.

Anyone think the women in the above look like they not having fun?

[None of the above is aimed at you Mac]

I don't think the WWF would condone a game that uses a whip on any defensive animal till it sucumb to the user.
<snip>

That may well be true, and while it doesn't particular bother me personally, I can understand how people would be upset by the taming of pandas or by taming in general in the form it takes now.

However this doesn't have the same resonance or significance to society that violence against women does.

Can't wait another 7 years

I agree whole-heartedly and would much rather be horse-whispering a creature into a life time bond as my trusted companion in Entropia, than whipping it into submission.

BUT... I can't wait another 6 to 7 years for MA to make a few small changes to the Taming system.

Back