Question about rings and other buffs

malasuerte

Stalker
Gustav Malasuerte Sagitta
Let's asume I have 200 HP and I put on a ring that gives me another 200 HP for a total of 400 HP,(just as an example, I know there are no such rings). Would it be easier for me to get to the next health point (401) if i'm wearing the ring that for a person that has natural 400 HP?

What happens when you eat a chip of a skill that you have buffed with rings, cloack, helmets, etc? Will it be added to your natural skill level or to the buffed level? Should I remove any buffs before eating a skill chip and then put the buffs back on? would that make any difference?

I ask this in the asumption that skills still work as they used to do (the higher you are the harder it gets to advance).

Or am I mistaken in how things work in the game? :scratch2:

Hp is based on certain skills and their points, an item that add hp simply does that.

200 or 200+200 with ring is still 200 base hp, therefor reaching 201 or 401 is the same since + 200 simply adds 200 hp.

so 200 base is much easier than 400 natural of course. So 200+ 200 is easier to gain as base hp is based on skills and points

Last edited:
Whilst I tried to answer, the +200hp ring (yes I know it was theoretcal question) was so off the scale I realised I couldn't.

The Unique ring that is dangled in front of us, but so far not discovered is:

Unique Iapetus Ring - Left Hand - 20% Trauma Mitigation, +20 Max Health, 200% Increased Regeneration, 1% Lifesteal

Thats an extra 20hp. Trust me that will go for a lot of money to the right person, but 200hp? Wont happen.

Other aspects of the OP I'll let others respond to.

Would it be easier for me to get to the next health point (401) if i'm wearing the ring that for a person that has natural 400 HP?

Yes.

Player at 400 HP have most HP giver skills wery high and progress is hard and slow.
Player at 200 hp probably just unlocked commando and also other HP giving skills have relatively low so is easy to raise them and gain HP.

You got 400 hp yet Dan?

If anyone has (with Joda / Kimmi etc) waving goodbye, why not say?

Rip that Clark Kent suit off Dan, go on. Dare ya! :D

As you know i newer addvertised my skills.
Yes i passed 400.
Hell still ain't frozen as my Health level is shown as Tought.
Rest is to guess as usual.
attributes_649722.jpg

selfie.jpg

I assume all skillgains' and other calculations are applied to the natural HP that is displayed in the skills window (buffs don't change it), and the buffs are just added to the result, not affecting anything but your survivability. Of course it's possible to code it in any conceivable way, but... Occam's Razor :)

And 200 agility....

That explains why I couldn't keep up with you until I had both harrier and bunny going.

On topic

Its the same as you didnt have ring, it just gives you "fake" hp, so the skill progress is slower at higher lvl

Off topic.

HUGE Congratulations to Dan on 400Hp,
Was a milestone to be achieved yet.
Needless to say those atributes don't come off nowhere, lots of hours, dedication and love for the game to keep on griding most of the missions

Hats off and huge respect :)

Damn Dan, 58 Stamina, awesome :)

How to view that char window?

Yes i passed 400.
attributes_649722.jpg

selfie.jpg

Hello Dan59,
First of all, congratz with your achievements.:cool:
If i may ask, how long did it take to get to that level of HP?

And can you tell me how to get that second window(default dan) where we can see your char info?
I've clicked everything i could see and read but i haven't seen that window pop up yet.:(

If some else can tell me it would be much appreciated.:D

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Looking at what is behind the character window, I think he had someone else scan him and take a screenshot.

Yes i passed 400.
attributes_649722.jpg

selfie.jpg

Ate a lot of chips then. Last year you were around my level.

Yes i passed 400.
selfie.jpg

OMG! You dont need any rings Dan!

Also to the OP. I have 244HP, when I put on the Aeglic Modified ring, the banner appears that my HP is now 260. But when I check my skills, it is still listed as 244. So I would assume that any skill gain is separate to the HP boost.

Looking at what is behind the character window, I think he had someone else scan him and take a screenshot.

Thanks for the reply.:)

I didn't even know one could scan others :eyecrazy: but it good to know;)
Cheers

You get this window when you scan an item/person.
So you can not get it of yourself. But the same info should be visible in the Avatarskill window

You can get a scanner at the Trade Terminal.
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Scanner

Thanks for your reply.:)

I will let my son make a scan of myself if i can get him to logon that is and about the avatarskill window.
I looked and looked but it doesn't seems to have this option but than again i might be looking in the wrong section.:silly2:

Will certainly get one of those scanners.;)
Cheers

Thanks to everybody for their replies. I think I understand it now.

And gratz to Dan :eyecrazy: :yay:

Back