FYI: The LAG is back !

I didn't really want to get into this, but I can just stand by either when I see thinking like this; I certainly agree with the boycott stuff. It's really very simple: stop paying if you don't like it.

That being said, the below is just something pull out of a hat and makes no sense:
We're getting way off topic here, but as you ask -
1. You're not an employee, you're a customer. You're certainly not a unionised employee, with the legal protections that apply to them.
Which makes even more important to LISTEN to the people that you make a living of; you seem to be under the impression that it's you that we have to listen to... when in fact is exactly the other way around. By "you" I mean the company that stands to make money from this game.
I don't care what you like or don't like... you take my money, you better provide the service I am paying for at the level I'm paying for. How would you like it if I get 1000PED and then tell you: sorry, there is some lag in my money flow, so you'll get the actual money later at some point?

3. The forum rule that relates to posts that violate the EU Terms of Use is:
k. You may not spread any rumors, false or inaccurate information about MindArk, the Entropia Universe or MindArk’s Partners, associates, staff or affiliates, which MindArk consider, at MindArk’s sole discretion, to be potentially damaging, by using the Entropia Universe, IRC (chats) or any other public forums in any media, now known or not currently known, including but not limited to a web site.
This does not apply at all' I took the liberty of highlighting the keywords for you; how is this false or inaccurate?? Because you don't see it? I can expand if you wish.

Also, neither you or MA can stop this from happening; I was hoping that we're all fairly smart people and see that the direction this is going is wrong. It can definitely be resolved, but not by rules that don't even apply.

Personally, I'm on Arkadia right now and experience lag at a small scale; being an IT person for 25 years I certainly understand the challenges. What's bugging me is that instead of something like "we didn't prepare properly, and we don't have the budget right now" we see the "rules" appearing.

Actually after your post jmatrix. Reading into the rules quoted they do not seem to apply here at all.

The information being provided here is not false or inaccurate. So what rules is being broken here by voicing the truth?

Hey Serica,

I know I am not a employee you used a poor analogy and I responded to that directly. Generally customers have a lot more rights then employees.

MA is running a fine line lately and is losing customers constantly. A good chunk of my friends have given up on the game because of the on and off lag over the last year or so. Recently being the breaking point.

Sometimes it takes big actions to show a big organisation that there customers are not satisfied(I am not organizing anything to be clear). They really need to get there act together because it is not a huge player base and every customer lost is a decent percentage of there income.

Thank you for quoting the rules as requested.

HF GL

I made a support case and I suggest as many people as possible do the same. Keep it short and sweat - the lag is bad and give examples.

jjmatrix, the first quote is a direct response to dar hammer dei's incorrect reference to rights that are associated with being an employee who is a union member, and should be perfectly clear if read in that context.

You've misquoted me there the second time though :eyecrazy:

For what it's worth, MindArk and the Calypso devs are hardly likely to be unaware of the lag issues, and I'm reasonably confident that they would be doing what they can to correct it.
Try asking one of the Calypso Advisers ingame, and see what response you get.

I'm also aware that there may be factors outside MindArk's control that prevent any quick fix.
For example - it's the summer season in northern Europe, and perhaps their server park contractors are less than responsive to requests right now.
Also, I expect (from past years experiences) that some of MindArk's own staff may be on leave, and that might have an impact on some technical resolutions - and possibly on the response time to support cases too.

I'm also aware that we're only 3 days off the roll-out of Windows 10, and I'm expecting the 'Technical' section of the forum to light up around then :lam:, as well as this Bugs section as many people transition to a new OS.

In the meantime, this topic of this thread is: the current lag issues being experienced ingame.

Feel free to share your personal experiences, how lag has affected you, and what you've done to address it (so far as you're able).

:topic:

While it seems most people are experiencing some lag - related in particular to chat and auction - it's also clear that not everyone is experiencing it to the same extent. My own experience is that it varies depending on the server I'm on at the time, with almost imperceptible lag on some, and irritating chat delays on others. As I'm not participating in migration this year, I try to keep off those servers as much as possible.

I've not yet removed or modded ANY posts in the thread, and I certainly have no issues about people reporting their lag experiences or venting their frustration.
Using the forum to organise or promote a wide-spread customer boycott goes quite a long way beyond that though.

No you're completely wrong here Serica, it doesn't matter which planet you are on, lag is bloody annoying whether it is hunting loot lag, or chat lag.

Quite honestly, I find chat log more annoying because waiting 20-30 seconds to see my reply to a soc mate is incredibly annoying, especially if you see it made redundant by someone elses comment / reply .

If you have hunted since the last VU, you know and dont need to defend this VU for having something badly broken within it.

So dont defend it, and please let those who are angered by it let off steam because as I posted in an earlier post, it's happened since 2006, and ok, everyone does deserves a holiday, but if people dont complain, then things dont get fixed.

You shut people down, delete and ban people, you will be doing the wrong thing. You know that doing the wrong thing is bad. Before you were a moderator you were a society leader, you sometimes had to do the right thing. You are still a society leader. So you know this.

Lag is bad, Mindark need to fix it, whilst I dont think a strike is a good idea, I think those who get angry about it should be feel to espress their feeling about it.

While it seems most people are experiencing some lag - related in particular to chat and auction - it's also clear that not everyone is experiencing it to the same extent. My own experience is that it varies depending on the server I'm on at the time, with almost imperceptible lag on some, and irritating chat delays on others. As I'm not participating in migration this year, I try to keep off those servers as much as possible.

I have to ask, but you are actively in game right now? Lag is being seen on every planet these days.

Today I did go to Calypso for a few hours to then go back to Arkadia due to the simple fact that LAG is CRAZY there. On top of that lag is so bad that ammo is being lost due to the lag effecting the amount of ammo being fired into the lagged out mob. This coming from a person who is using only an Opalo so yes not all that much was lost, maybe 20 shots before I stopped. Now for others that 20 shots could be a lot of money lost on top of that if they are hunting even more heavily a lot most likely are being lost to this issue. And yes Lag is crazy as well on Arkadia just not as bad. But yes seems chat and auction lag is the same on all planets.

I've not yet removed or modded ANY posts in the thread, and I certainly have no issues about people reporting their lag experiences or venting their frustration.
Using the forum to organise or promote a wide-spread customer boycott goes quite a long way beyond that though.

Sorry but you are wrong here. Our point is as we see now with out debating that you are not over modding the forum yet here you are with you /Mod/ comments.

You need to slow down and do your job. When we send you a report about a post then yes mod it and state why. If it has not been reported..then please let us enjoy our game.

OZtwo: Yep, I'm in the game for an hour or so every night - mostly working on my Longu/Armax or Foul/Berycled iron missions around Echidna, or wherever the lag seems to affect me least that night. I've logged in and played every single day since December 2006, other than when the servers were down for VU10.
(And then I was logged into the forum, pressing the 'Refresh' button every 10minutes to see if the servers were up yet :D)

The role of the moderator has never been to respond only to reported posts.

While forum staff do not review every individual post, and reporting of violations by members may result in quicker attention, we are expected to be reasonably aware of current discussions, and to endeavour to keep those discussions positive, on topic and polite.
We are also expected to enforce the forum rules as issues come to our attention, not just react to some other member reporting a violation.

Let people vent Serica / Sub Zero, if you dont then the steam will escape in another way.

The lag is quite frankly unacceptable, and its only dedicated players who will put up with it.
I want a fix to it as much as anyone. Others would just log off and do something else, and that's not good for any of us in the long term, is it?

Thanks for sorting the other mod action I recently requested Serica. :thumbup:

Last edited:
If MA did anything, or said anything people wouldn't be so pissed off. There's days when I literally CANNOT PLAY, and after one month of this bullshit not a single word from MA.

And no, I dont care if they are on vacation. Does the whole company go on vacation all at the same time or what? Every single person I have asked has lag and disconnects, this is not an isolated matter.

So yeah, what a nice group of professionals. <sarcasm>

jjmatrix....
I apologize if I misread something or if it looks like I was taking something out of context... it wasn't my intention.
You're right... bottom line is that lag is a fact; it's not a perception and it looks like it's affecting many. I understand your duty to protect them at all costs but I think sometimes you have no other choice but to call a spade a spade.

I forgot to mention something here regarding ToU, rules and other legal issues: ambiguity in a contract benefits in court, the part that did not drafted the contract. Don't let the "rules" fool you.

Last edited:
And no, I dont care if they are on vacation. Does the whole company go on vacation all at the same time or what? Every single person I have asked has lag and disconnects, this is not an isolated matter.

I think the whole of Sweden goes on vacation at the same time, and yes, I am well aware of how many are in Kaos.

:D

Nothing gonna change till September, this is it folks!

Let people vent Serica / Sub Zero, if you dont then the steam will escape in another way.

In the meantime, this topic of this thread is: the current lag issues being experienced ingame.

Feel free to share your personal experiences, how lag has affected you, and what you've done to address it (so far as you're able).

:topic:

Let me repeat - no-one has been stopped from venting here at all, no posts have been modded or removed.
I have only warned that using this forum to organize or promote a player boycott just isn't on, when the thread seemed to be about to take that direction.
I've also drawn it to 711's attention in case he wants to make that more explicit.

To return to the topic (again_ though:
Not everyone is experiencing the lag issues in exactly the same way.
See Fifth's post here (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...AG-is-back-!&p=3400560&viewfull=1#post3400560) for example, which I found interesting as it seems to show how two players doing the same thing at the same location can have very different experiences.

For me personally, the lag at present is at most a minor annoyance, despite connecting from waay over here in Australia. (Or maybe I'm just so used to having a relatively long ping to the servers, that the lag is adding relatively little to it in comparison to others who live nearer)
But I readily accept that others are more seriously affected, for what is probably a variety of reasons.
Some of those reasons might just possibly be within the player's control, rather than MindArk's.
Some probably aren't.

Just possibly, they're waiting until after the July 29 Win10OS roll-out date, to try to isolate any fix from being compounded with OS-change issues.
Or not. :)

When lots of people complain of being warm and plenty of others smell smoke, there could be a fire in the building.

Dont know exactly what you do in game Serica, but if you dont get loot lag or chat lag then you're very fortunate. Keep doing so until you notice it.

Take a straw poll of 10 of your soc mates.

So you are telling Crone the lag issue is not a game feature? Crone dislikes the damage lag most.

We're getting way off topic here, but as you ask -

1. You're not an employee, you're a customer. You're certainly not a unionised employee, with the legal protections that apply to them.

2. As Mega has rightly posted earlier - MindArk has previously banned a player for attempting to organise a mass protest/boycott of the game. That was during a period of incredibly severe rubberbanding, not just the annoying but comparatively minor lag that we have at present. Anyone who was playing back in late 2006 will recall just how bad it was then.
I have no personal information on the specific section of the ToU that MindArk applied in that case, but at the time 711 speculated that it was:

3. The forum rule that relates to posts that violate the EU Terms of Use is:

That rule wouldn't prohibit a strike either, as it talks about spreading false information.

I found a copy of MAs reply to the organizer, and it pointed towards rule 16. However, that doesn't help since both the TOU and EULA have gone through changes since that.

I'm sure there is some law that states a seller selling a product that's not fit for purpose.....aka return refund what not here in the UK, wonder if there is such a thing in Sweden? Either way I'm sure they covered them selves for that in the eula......this shit is not fit for purpose hell this shit shouldn't even exist and be online the way it is.....its a BMW with a minor morris engine and tricycle wheels.....

Crone is intrigued by the fact that it seems imposible to hunt/heal while the mob is very well able to hit you. Strange.

FYI: threads and posts discussing, encouraging or informing any form of boycott or strike will be removed without notice.

Such content has been against the forum rules for a very long time now, and our policy has not changed. Please refer to Serica's posts above for more info.

Insane lag - facts

I`m starting questioning the good intentions and/ or the ability of the devs to keep this game running.
Last couple of days I`ve experienced lag like never before (or maybe like 6-7 years ago).

I`m wondering wtf is in their minds?
Why do they implement a shitload of new stuff but don`t even try to solve old problems.
It`s incredible: 11+ years and they can`t have an event without making the game almost unplayable.

I know people who stopped playing these days because of the lag - FACT.
I know people who started not so long ago, and bad loot + this crazy lag made them quit - FACT.
I knew 2 people who created their accounts some 3 days ago, they even depo-ed from day1 (!) but they will not play this game because of the lag - FACT.
MA, anyone home??? you`re losing depositing / potentially depositing customers! get the heads out of your asses and do something!
Stop implementing useless shit and make this game playable!

Please comment, please post more facts, maybe they`ll see and maybe, just maybe, they`ll do something.

I did some test and made a support case too but nobody care to answer.
LAG affects SKILLS AND LOOT ! YES IT AFFECT LOOT !
What I tested : ON LT during lag I killed 4 and only 3 loots come ! YES 3 FROM 4! AND IS NOT A MISTAKE AND NOT ONLY ONCE HAPPENED ! I did more test on merps and same thing. IF you count the kills then on loot window the items appear and how many times you will see the YOU LOOT FEWER THEN KILLS ! That means mobs that aren't paid at all ! (and yes I checked no nova, no no loot message !-> I know what I tested and what I saw)
Same thing with skills ! If you check the skills gain during hunt with lag period you will see a very very big difference !
+ AUTO-PILLS DO NOT LOOT ALL MOBS DURING LAG !!!! YES I tested that several times
+ + + + + BUT THEY DO NOT CARE !
My conclusion is that LOOT AND SKILLS ARE AFFECTED BY LAG IN A VERY VERY WRONG MANIER ! not only the gameplay ......

A big issue I ran into just yesterday was the ammo burn on lag. I have noticed it a bit on Arkadia off and on but never paid it much mind until when on Calypso I noticed it even more and confirmed the rumors I was hearing about it. And that is the lag is not effecting your ammo burn. You will be wasting ammo while the system is lagging.

As I was hunting a mob yesterday and got a phone call I noticed as I was, bad me, afk shooting the 'dead' mob my ammo was counting down and after lag I did not get any of the ammo back. I think I put in over 10-12 shots before stopping auto-fire. Now me and my Opalo this isn't a big issue but for the many out there 10 shots could be a great loose.

Edit: 7 Months ago dealing with the same lag issue we are having today
(adding video for those that are saying this is a small new issue due to the migration)

As well MA isn't away on vacation since just this last week both Kim and the CEO of MindArk made a post here on the forum about an unrelated EU issue. Yes of course they could be on vacation making these posts..but still..if we can get them to post about something that has nothing at all to do with EU then well I think we could get something out of them about EU while they are away at home or abroad.

Last edited:
Agree!

Was out hunting some Young LT. And as usual they dont ever miss a hit, making evade skill seem meeningless. But then after i killed the mob it still hit me and often like 3-7 rapid hits, like it was using some kind of afterdeath gatling gun.
Made me quite pissed. Not alone do the mobs hit me normal when they alive, but do we really need this extra armor decay from dead mobs?

Please MA! fix your shit and dont let your customers pay for your mistakes!

Cheers

Don't worry...MA will be back from summer vacation in October to fix it.

This is a good reason why i havent played much, for as much as i want to do the missions and all, cant feel motivated when the chat lag or even hunting lag is insane, then CTD, then random disconnects, etc etc...
Totally drives away any possibly existing motivation for as much as one may like EU, too much is too much.
Then on top of that add the cheaters/exploit users ingame that keep getting away without a proper punish or MA making a statment about anything protecting even more the exploiter.

It gets to a point where (this aint crying cos honestly i got no good reason to complain, just stating facts).
If i was a new player atm, I wouldnt think of sticking to EU, maybe the only thing would be the RCE, but is a joke when something that should be serious has growing lag each year and problems to even keep on running, but oh wait, we got compets, we got pets, we got million useless shit that doesnt really help the GAMEPLAY.

Atm i find a game like even tetris more thrilling than EU, at least wont lag and i dont have to struggle to get to play it.
But for some stupid reason, maybe because its the game i put more dedication to, i always keep coming back

Can we have a rollback to vu 2.3 or so, i'd love to see that instead of this shit :laugh: seriously it was better before :wise:

Can we have a rollback to vu 2.3 or so, i'd love to see that instead of this shit :laugh: seriously it was better before :wise:

Or VU 8.1... Because old loot is awesome, and peds lasted longer back then.

And I usually do not see any delay or lags. And with my loot is all fine.
Because I live on Arkadia and seen migration and all similar events in coffin :)

Quite honestly, I think they should turn it off and on again. :yup:

I admit, thats not a long term solution.

/venting on/
I definitely experience lag - 90% of the time this past month. 90% of the time = Chat lag, auction lag, storage lag etc.

The worst lag I've had so far, was when my avatar got "frozen" and I couldn't do any action however the mob/s could still chew on me until I slowly died.. Oh and this has happened to me several times - Most often on calypso at highly populated servers (migration).

One thing I've never understood from MA/PP's is that even though they know their servers can't handle the load.
They still do (most of the time) events AT THE SAME TIME or more accurately said, try to.

Sure I get that they don't want ppl to leave their planet for the event in question so they run events to keep them there. But clearly EU servers cannot handle it...

This is why I think there should be ONE PP event running AT ONCE (basically scheduled events). And more server resources should be put on the PP (server area) that's currently running the event in order to diminish the lag.
/venting off/

I think it may be a good idea for MA to give a notice about this lag issue.

Something along the lines of "Yes we are aware of the lag issues we've been having lately, we're sorry for the inconvenience it may be causing you. Please be patient, while we do our best to resolve it ASAP."

Back