Welp, Support has locked my account

Isn't Calypto that guy who was banned years ago for all his behaviour?

Isn't Calypto that guy who was banned years ago for all his behaviour?

Yes. Hes been back for quite some time and nothing has changed.

While I may have received a 3 day ban for this, this particular issue has once again brought up this persons abuses of others through a support channel. It has been made very clear to them that he goes too far, too often.

This thread has been provided to them, and I hope they peruse all the resources here. What they do beyond that, well... I don't know. But when you abuse other players and they respond seriously, it's time for serious action.

Regards,

- MR

For the record, my personal details are a matter of public domain. I'm a local politician, activist, musician, and promoter. My links down below reveal my personal info. How I would feel is not relevant. I'd feel fine. I seek public acknowledgement for the work I do, and I take credit for it without any shame. If somebody decided to use those to contact me in an unwelcome way I'd simply call them an idiot and hang up the phone. The price of seeking fame (or notoriety) is people know who you are.

Last edited:
Yes. Hes been back for quite some time and nothing has changed.

While I may have received a 3 day ban for this, this particular issue has once again brought up this persons abuses of others through a support channel. It has been made very clear to them that he goes too far, too often.

This thread has been provided to them, and I hope they peruse all the resources here. What they do beyond that, well... I don't know. But when you abuse other players and they respond seriously, it's time for serious action.

Regards,

- MR

For the record, my personal details are a matter of public domain. I'm a local politician, activist, musician, and promoter. My links down below reveal my personal info. How I would feel is not relevant. I'd feel fine. I seek public acknowledgement for the work I do, and I take credit for it without any shame. If somebody decided to use those to contact me in an unwelcome way I'd simply call them an idiot and hang up the phone. The price of seeking fame (or notoriety) is people know who you are.

Must check out the punk rock mayor doc, looks very good from the clip!

Must check out the punk rock mayor doc, looks very good from the clip!

Thanks. We're still filming and prepping to launch our Kickstarter. I'll share it here when we get up to that stage.

Jello Biafra has done an interview for it, as have a few other big musicians including a former member of Nirvana.

There's some footage of me playing EU that may make it in there. We filmed it as part of my regular day's routine as a way to introduce who I am and why some regular guy decided to get involved in politics and make a movie about it.

Cool, will have a look on youtube and see what I can find, thanks for the info and good luck with it!

<removed>

BTW. I'm not blocked any longer. <removed>

Oh, and people I disagree with, if they can manage to do it politely, get treated politely. If they want to toss around a bunch of name calling bullshit, I let them have it. See, I dont think it makes me a better person to not punch somebody in the face if they try to swing at me. I think it makes me a victim. So if somebody hits me I will hit them back, and I will make sure they remember it.

So if you think I've treated you poorly, maybe its because you acted like a jerk to me. If you dont want to get in a fight, dont act like an asshole. If responding that way makes me not liked, that's OK. I will not however be cowed down or play some game of political correctness in order to score forum points.

It simply does not matter enough to me to be bothered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never had such drama in 10 years of PE/EU, did I do something wrong? :))

Never had such drama in 10 years of PE/EU, did I do something wrong? :))

Nah. I'll admit I'm a personality type that invites drama.

How about a bit of drama resolution, though?

Here's my rep given since March of this year. I cant go back further than that. I cant post it on this forum, so how about a link? All names except my accuser are blurred out.

http://wp.me/p3rMiY-9i

It's also worthy of note that I've had many disagreements with folks here. If their posts are especially silly, I'll throw a -rep their way to let them know. If their posts are good, even if I dont particularly like the user, I still +rep and commend their insight.

Each interaction I try to take as a day by day thing. There's only a very small handful of users who have ever made it onto a "oh, I'd rather not talk to that guy because he/she is a class A douchenozzle and incapable of listening to reason" list.

I still dont think qamori is on that particular list. He says some good stuff. He just has an axe to grind with me, and I'm taking this particular opportunity to illustrate that to him so he can get a little bit of perspective.

Last edited:
This just breaks my heart :laugh:

Oh, and people I disagree with, if they can manage to do it politely, get treated politely. If they want to toss around a bunch of name calling bullshit, I let them have it. See, I dont think it makes me a better person to not punch somebody in the face if they try to swing at me. I think it makes me a victim. So if somebody hits me I will hit them back, and I will make sure they remember it.

Sorry, but i just had to get in on the drama......this paragraph reminds of Orson Scott Card's character Ender Wiggin in 'Ender's Game'!

He says something along the line of, "I didn't want to win just this fight, i wanted to win all future fights as well."

Rgds

Ace

Sorry, but i just had to get in on the drama......this paragraph reminds of Orson Scott Card's character Ender Wiggin in 'Ender's Game'!

He says something along the line of, "I didn't want to win this fight, i wanted to win all future fights as well."

Rgds

Ace

LOL actually that's pretty accurate of my outlook!

I identified alot with Ender Wiggin. If anyone is into Chinese history, I also found myself identifying alot with Mi Heng.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mi_Heng

I realize the comparison is not exactly flattering. However theres an old saying: Know thyself.

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
The reputation system is interesting.

I'd say the usage you describe in here is a good way to look at it. Throwing negative reputation around because of disagreements is silly. I regularly send positive ones away to the other side of the debate when I find it appropriate.

The negative ones I receive are usually from people who just hates me. The ones I give, I tend to give to people I believe do harm in game, sometimes I also send a red one back if I find the negative one I was given was unjustified.

One should not put too much emphasis on the reputation system though.

Back