Welp, Support has locked my account

Magyar_Republic

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Whiskey Confederacy
Edward Magyar Republic
Bout the only thing I did yesterday of note was buy a TerraTech PH-3 Unlimited off auction.

Other than that I did some grinding on Trox.

There is no explanation as to why, of course.

If you did nothing that would break the EULA. You just need to be patient and wait for answer from support. You should obviously do a support case about it ASAP.

They have many pre-cautions implemented to prevent for instance CC fraud, chargebacks etc. If you bought item from auction perhaps that item was gained in malicious way thus all accounts connected to that item get locked.

Nah did nothing to break the EULA. Considering the amount of CLD that I hold that would be refunded to me at 1 penny a piece, that would be incredibly stupid.

I bought a TerraTech PH-3 and I told Calypto to basically go fuck himself on Rookie Chat before blocking him. I've been rather busy just doing mindless tasks for the last few days.

Had a life event last week and the weekend has been vicodin, beer, and trying to move on.

This is of course icing on the cake.

Some be duping PH-3's?

I wouldn't be surprised ..

Sure, alot has dropped but try typing "buying ul woodcutter" in #trade and you'll get spammed to death.

Magyar ,, you don't recall the name of the seller? That way we could see if this person is in game. If he or she is, tree cutter could be ruled out.

Clock about to hit 6pm in Sweden so guessing you won't get a reply tonight.

Bout the only thing I did yesterday of note was buy a TerraTech PH-3 Unlimited off auction.

Other than that I did some grinding on Trox.

There is no explanation as to why, of course.

My guess here is that who ever was selling the cutter was using someone else's since that's going around a lot and the owner got scammed when sold to you.

Or

You are not telling the full story! yes we need it all! WHAT DID YOU DO?!?! :scratch2::eyecrazy:

(Need more drama!)

I wouldn't be surprised ..

Sure, alot has dropped but try typing "buying ul woodcutter" in #trade and you'll get spammed to death.

Magyar ,, you don't recall the name of the seller? That way we could see if this person is in game. If he or she is, tree cutter could be ruled out.

Clock about to hit 6pm in Sweden so guessing you won't get a reply tonight.

Nah I dont take notes. I bought it off auction, so the system keeps all that info.

You bought the PH-3 woodcutter from me and I'm not locked.

Crafted it, didn't buy it from anyone either.

Woodcutter seller contacted me. It's not the woodcutter.

Apparently its Calypto. He cried to support after I told him off. I'll straighten this out.

Woodcutter seller contacted me. It's not the woodcutter.

Apparently its Calypto. He cried to support after I told him off. I'll straighten this out.

I've seen a ton of shit go on in chats, reports filed right and left, but never seen anyone get locked. Support confirmed this?

This could look redundant or obvious, but I guess it doesn't hurt to say it again in order to get the best possible response from support.

1.- Keep it calm, respectful and civil.
2.- Don't make demands or threats, other than the situation to be sorted out asap.
3.- Give all the info they request from you, if any, and keep it short and to the point.
4.- Patience.

I hope the situation gets resolved as soon as possible.

EDIT: Just read the update. I can't believe that Calypto/Chuck or whatever his avatar is now is still around after everything he did in the past. [ link of public interest ]

Last edited:
I've seen a ton of shit go on in chats, reports filed right and left, but never seen anyone get locked. Support confirmed this?

There's nothing else.

I literally was on a business trip 2 weeks ago and could not play, then was in the hospital with my girlfriend last week (we just lost our daughter at 8 months along and had to go through that process), then was here grinding.

I bought 2 things. Damage Enhancer II (stack of 20) and a Woodcutter.

I checked her account and its fine, so there's nothing apparently wrong with the paypal angle. I sometimes (usually) pay for her stuff, and she purchased some boxes herself yesterday, so I thought it could have been financial (suspected fraud), but that's not the case.

It's Calypto <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is Calypto and do people still use Rookie?

This calypto guy probably incited a group of people to accuse you of something in support cases and MA is temporarily going "WTF they talking about" and looking through logs to no avail and you will be back soon.

More importantly, I am tremendously sorry for your loss Magyar. I had the same thing happen with an x-fiance 6 months into the pregnancy.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Last edited:
He and couple of his friends are harassing and trolling a lot on #rookie whenever I unignore. Funny how he is still not banned for life and his support ticket gets answered like that :).

Who is Calypto and do people still use Rookie?

Calypto is a radio host who ran "Club Calypto" back in 2010. I got involved with him because I believed his show did a good thing, by reaching out to new players and giving them a place to get involved. However his rhetoric was often off the charts and when he had a social issue with some established game folks I attempted to work with him to try to curb his 'enthusiastic' approach and focus instead on the new players.

At the time I donated my castle as a place for him to have his shows without interfering with some folks who were obviously upset with him. I figured it would be a way for him to focus on the good. My thought was: we all respond angrily when we are harassed alot. Maybe if I get him away from it all, he will chill out and this thing can actually work for the community instead of against it.

I also designed a high quality a website for his radio station, which I displayed to him, but which he never paid for so I never transferred it to his server.

an example of the type of work I was doing at the time is here http://www.entropianetwork.com/magyar/

That entire arrangement didnt work out. He ultimately got banned on his original avatar for harassing FPC Community Representative Skam, as well as multiple community members, going so far as to insult the handicapped and make up lies about anybody he could. He also at this point hid under the identity of <name removed>, a friend of his by all indications who had registered domains on his behalf, and had helped him with his radio show. I forget the fellows avatar name, but he seemed like a nice fellow. <name removed> took the fall for Calypto's behavior, receiving multiple phone calls from upset avatars after his "identity" was publicly revealed as "Calypto". It wasnt. I knew he was somebody else, because of our previous business arrangements.

He then went through a period where he operated the radio show under the name "Caly's Ghost" and operated numerous alt avatars, who by all indications were successively banned as well.

During that time his chief opponent (and mine) was outed for trying to steal a mothership from their society, and I guess he was allowed back ingame. Maybe the context had something to do with it.

We at that point were not speaking, and he floated some bullshit made up information about me on his website, which he was now marketing as Hot Planet Rock, a new radio station and new society in EU.

We continued on the skids for a while, I however thought it would be best to let bygones be, and while not being his friend, at least be polite. So at one point when he started talking to me I talked back.

This continued for a while, until earlier this year when he flipped his lid after I called him one of the "Main" trolls in Rookie chat. He freaked out then and started up on me, inventing this idea that I was trying to pull a "mothership" scam like Nukem did, because I had just bought a privateer.

You can follow links to more of his behavior, which over the last few years has prompted me to have words with him a few times.

That should sum up who he is.

Thanks for the sorry's. I wasnt going to bring it up to the EU community. This has been my place to retreat after events unfolded.

However in context its important. I don't really want to hear about it alot, though. Was hoping to cut some logs this morning and do more of not really being present in the real world. However that's not going to happen, obviously.

Regards,

- MR

I don't often pay attention to rookie chat, as I have other things to do in game. I did, however, happen to take a glance yesterday, and what I saw surprised me.

Rather out of context, and irrelevant to whatever was happening in rookie chat, I saw that the OP posted, in rookie chat the alleged REAL WORLD information about another player, to include first and last name, state of residence and business. (again, not even certain if the information posted in rookie chat was legit or fake).

While I have no beef with anyone in EU, certainly not the OP, I am pointing out that, indeed, the EULA/ToU specifically prohibits such things.

m. You may not post or convey any other Participants’ Personal Information and/or Login Details, in, on or outside the Entropia Universe.

Perhaps this is the reason for the lock? :dunno:

Yup. Just as he has done to numerous others in the past. 2010-2012 was full of him sharing others info liberally.

He cant hide anymore.

To hell with him now he can think twice before insulting others, their families, or anything else.

No EULA was broken. I didn't threaten him, post his address or phone number. Merely illustrated he was not in fact <name removed>. That was just one of his victims who was forced to quit EU because he wouldn't step up.

People should be careful who they harass. <removed>

As far as I'm concerned I've resolved a longstanding community problem and vindicated an innocent person.

What I don't understand is how this person is still allowed to play.

And even more infuriating is the fact that so many people follow him, join his soc and do whatever he says. It's like some kind of satanic cult full of douchebags doing the worst things they can imagine to anybody they like.

Oh it wasn't out of context either. He insulted my girlfriend. Given the situation I decided to drop the axe on him. He went over the line for the last time.

I remember Calypto as a kill stealer on Leviathan. I was lucky to be in cK shadows at that time, so Akon lended a hand and killed him. He now kills atrox at Jurra with his new avatar. He did try to ks again, but was no match for the tier 7 0x0 is was holding.

He is an asshat who hides behind anonymity to treat others like dog shit.

I originally told him to go :censored: himself when he insulted Fishface wife for being handicapped.

After a year of him trying to make contact I decided to talk to him again, but never work with him or trust him in any way.

He kept trying to weasel stuff out of me, but no. Conversation was the limit, if addressed I would respond.

He is easily the worst person I have encountered in 18 years of online gaming.

What I did was ruin his ability to abuse others anonymously.

I would check your email you use with your account. I had a friend that got locked and never knew why and they sent him an email about why he just never checked that email before starting to freak out about it.

He then knew why and accepted it and waited his 7 day ban before his account was unlocked.

I am guessing it wasn't a to many attempts lock out as someone with your login name info could attack your account 3 times and cause a temporary lockout. Think it is a 1 hour lockout.

I would check your email you use with your account. I had a friend that got locked and never knew why and they sent him an email about why he just never checked that email before starting to freak out about it.

He then knew why and accepted it and waited his 7 day ban before his account was unlocked.

I am guessing it wasn't a to many attempts lock out as someone with your login name info could attack your account 3 times and cause a temporary lockout. Think it is a 1 hour lockout.

Thanks, but I'm pretty clear on why at this point. It's a clear case of a cyber bully trying to game the system instead of taking his lumps. I'll straighten it out with support. I'm sure they'll be more than understanding.

It's not impossible it could have to do with you logging in on your girlfriends account.

It's not impossible it could have to do with you logging in on your girlfriends account.

It'll get resolved, regardless.

I'll just call MA tonight and talk to them. Once they know what everything is about it shouldn't even be an issue.

Swim with a turd, don't expect to not get dirty.

I received an email from support. This is not permanent, which is fine. I'm not worried at this point.

Back