Rookie Questions FAQ (From Rookie Channel)

Magix

Alpha
A recent phenomena is 5 or so new players in a row asking the same question, so to save some time, here are the ones that are most often asked:

Q: Dude, where's my [insert vehicle name]?
A: Click on Action Library ("Y") and type "recall vehicle." Click that action and your vehicle will appear in that planet's storage. Right click on ground also allows you to choose "recall vehicles."

Q: How do I drive/fly?
A: "W" and "S" is the same as walking. "A" and "D" turn. If your vehicle can strafe, "Z" and "C". Left shift for up, left control for down.

Q: I have [insert number less than 200] ammo but my gun won't fire!
A: You need at least 200 ammo to fire a gun.

Q: I have [insert number greater than 200] ammo but my gun won't fire!
A: Different guns need different ammo types. Only universal ammo will fire in any gun.

Q: I can't equip my gun!
A: Usually if gun condition is 3% or less of the total, the gun is broken and needs to be repaired or re-purchased.

Q: How can I get [insert name of LA, outpost or town] TP?
A: You can use Entropedia.info's maps, they are still accurate for TP's, then run, fly or drive there. Usually, if you join a society, a TP run is one of the essential services they do for a new member.

Q: How do I join a society?
A: Find a society terminal and apply, or just walk up to someone and ask to join their society.

Q: What society should I join?
A: The ones with over 150 members usually are focused on newbies, but there are few mid-high level players to help. The ones under 20 or so tend to be the elite societies and likely do not accept new players.

Q: Where can I find [insert name of monster] spawn?
A: Because the spawns have all been changed, it's easier to find a spawn first and then the mission broker for it. Word of mouth is the only way now. However, LA's tend to keep their DNA, so entropedia is likely to be a good source.

Q: I'm stuck on The Thing quest!
A: Walkthrough available at entropiawiki.com and many other places.

Q: Where can I find [insert name of mission broker]?
A: Entropedia has many listed, or ask around.

Q: What am I supposed to do next?
A: Press M for map and mouseover the blue dots. We need to know where you are first to help you.

Q: It says Genesis something.
A: Look for yellow exclamation points and follow instructions.

Q: I'm lost. :(
A: Press "T".

Q: Some guy told me to press alt-F4 and now all my stuff is gone.
A: Alt-F4 closes the active window. If you see him again, tell him messing with new players is bad karma.

Q: I don't like being called a newbie or noob.
A: This game started in 2003 so it was before later games where noob/newbie became an insult. I will post on forums that this is impolite.

Q: What's the best way to get sweat?
A: Nea's place is usually better, or join a swunt team. However, if the group is too big, you might not get any pulls at all. On Arkadia, nusul swunt teams are common, ask at the quarry for directions or to join a team.

Q: How long does it take to get 5000 sweat?
A: That seems unrealistic for a new player, I would leave that mission for later. Some people say 1k/day, but in my experience it was 100/hour under ideal circumstances.

Q: What gun/weapon should I get?
A: There is a SIB chart at planetcalypsoforums.com->items->weapons, stickied at top. Or: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?269613-2015-SIB-Chart-Update-Weapons

Q: Is [insert name of armor/plating] any good?? or Should I get [this ugly armor with good stats] or [this cool looking armor with similar stats but L]? or Should I use X plates with Y armor?
A: It is vital to read "How armor works" at planetcalypsoforums.com. Here.

Q: What does [insert random letters] acronym mean?
A: On this channel please remind us to spell out acronyms.

Q: What does "eco" mean?
A: To do something with a minimum of waste or decay.

Q: Can I repair my vehicle?
A: Yes and no. Vehicles take two types of damage, trade terminal (TT) value and structural integrity. When structural integrity reaches 0, the vehicle is destroyed and loses a little bit of TT value. The structural integrity can be repaired back to 100%, but the TT value lost is lost forever. When the TT value reaches around 3% of the total, the vehicle is no longer usable and structural integrity cannot be repaired.

Last edited:
MA should make a massive sign at noob camp, with these on them.

Would save people a lot of time lol

+ rep

Rgds

Ace

Any Rookie Channel FAQ is incomplete if it doesn't use liberal references to "Your Mom" or "Chuck Norris", otherwise the noobs will not be able to interpret the instructions, this is their language.

Q: What is a "global machine"?
A: Two words scammers use in #Rookie to try to unload their overpriced UL weapons.

Entropedia maps are still not working. Time for old-fashioned teleport runs :)

Q: I have [insert number less than 200] ammo but my gun won't fire!
A: You need at least 200 ammo to fire a gun.

not necessarily...HK110 for instance only uses 63 :wise:

Holy crap, I wish I could just hotkey my answers. It takes way to long to scroll up to find the right one.

Q: I didn't get my free [whatever]
A: Port Atlantis ->End of the pier -> TP to Thule -> Do the damn missions

Q: How do I hotkey something?
A: G L I Y Drag whatever wherever. G L I Y

Q: How do I find out my level?
A: You don't have a level, per se. Hit K and then the button with the star.

Q: How do I re-roll my character?
A: You don't. Suck it up.

Q: How do I make money playing this video game?
A: You don't. Go away.

Q: ooOOoooOOOoooOOoo? "I died, what now?"
A: T

Q: How do I change my [whatever] setting?
A: O

Q: How do I gather sweat?
A: G L I Y Drag Sweating tool to any key. Drag "Auto-use Tool" to any other key. Live long and prosper.
Q: "Auto-run"?
A: No, not "Auto-run", "Auto-use Tool"
Q: The tool fails 5 times in a row before it works?
A: Welcome to Entropia.

Q: I'm stuck at an outpost...
A: [#CRT] Go bother them.

Q: How do I get to another planet?
A: Don't. You will just end up stuck there and have to mooch a ride back.

Q: Where do I get a vehicle?
A: Well, since you chose not to do the damn missions, get one from the auction.

Q: Where is AH?
A: Find a TP. Pick a building, any building. Find someone with a brown suit and a yellow shirt.

Q: Is there a good place to find rocks and fruit?
A: On the ground. Keep walking.

And the ever popular-

Q: My vehicle broke, how do I fix it?
A: Go to Twin Peaks. Whip it out. Say "Please".

100/hr sweat is terrible. You can get 800-1000 sweat an hour under ideal conditions in a team. 500-750 solo sweating, and at least 300-400 while swunting caraboks...

And the ever popular-

Q: My vehicle broke, how do I fix it?
A: Go to Twin Peaks. Whip it out. Say "Please".

Unless it happens in early morning hours, say "thanks" because you won't have time to type "please".

(I've witnessed fights over "I was supposed to repair this vehicle, not you" in Twins)

100/hr sweat is terrible. You can get 800-1000 sweat an hour under ideal conditions in a team. 500-750 solo sweating, and at least 300-400 while swunting caraboks...

Did it change radically? I tested the VSE when it first came out, it was way worse than the old way. Actually 100/hour average back then was almost unheard of, even in the swunt teams at neas. Back then it was about a 20% chance to get any sweat, amount varied from 1-4, and if you were lucky you had about 10 chances at a pull before it was dry. If we say about 10 seconds per pull, 6 pulls a minute, 360 pulls an hour at 20% success rate (82) at average 2.5 sweat per pull, never having concentration broken or being attacked, the "perfect" sweat gained would be ~200/hour.

Please enlighten me about which parts of this changed.

You can get 800-1000 sweat an hour under ideal conditions in a team. 500-750 solo sweating, and at least 300-400 while swunting caraboks...

the "perfect" sweat gained would be ~200/hour.

The truth is somewhere in between :). We did a test in 2013 - me, my two disciples (all 3 of us having close to 0 sweating skills) and a 30+ lvl sweat gatherer. The point was to prove that the sweat gathering skill/profession doesn't affect anything at all. The conditions were perfect in that I kept them healed and "synchronized" to prevent losing of concentration, and killed dry mobs. Initially I didn't plan to sweat myself, but to kill boredom I did it anyway. We did three 1-hour sessions and after each of those each of us ended up with 600-650 bottles of sweat, with me only slightly behind the others.

Note: the test was performed on Caly, so I concede possible deviations on other planets.

Last edited:
Ideal conditions would be having a sync chip, and having someone grab a new mob while the old one is getting shot, so no downtime basically. 1000 might be a slight exaggeration, but 800 is very achievable, just ask the nusul sweaters on Arkadia.

Back