Vote for: "Please implement Bitcoins, Litecoins and Doge"

Which CryptoCoin (Bitcoin etc) should be implemented?

• Total voters

Smoerble

Elite
Smoerble
We have a lot ppl in different countries, and, as we just have seen with the recent change with a US bank (charging 36 US$ for withdrawal), banks need to be avoided for gamers like us.

Easiest would be to implement BTC (Bitcoins) for depositing/withdrawing (so in game currency stays PEDs, but you can deposit and withdraw in Euro, US$ or a crypto currency).

I understand, that this might be a legal issue, but in Germany we have a normal bank, that works with BTC since a year, so it is legally possible to avoid issues with illegal incoming.

Nice side effect:
With implementing Doge coins, it gets more attractive for Reddit users to try this game. For them it's for free, for us it's more real gamers.

If more than 100 ppl support any cryto currency, I will create some real support thread with some solid info behind it.

Please take all conspiracy theory or 1% discussions to a separate topic.

Last edited:
To my knowledge there are already merchants accepting bitcoin in Sweden.

I understand you suggest implementing a crypto for deposits and withdrawals, and NOT having a crypto replacing PED as in-game currency.

I vote "please implement bitcoins". And I choose bitcoin because of its much bigger network effect (compared to dogecoin or litecoin).

Yes, I would like to stay with PEDs ofc. I clarified it in my text, thanks for mentioning.

Can't you deposit/withdraw with bitcoin indirectly via PayPal or something already?

OP must want us ALL to get federally investigated even more than we already are.

Fuck crypto.

I think Mindark will accept the new Greek Drachma before any of those listed (two of which I've never heard of)

I didn't vote, as although Bitcoin has been around a while now, I dont know whether I'd accept being paid by it personally, so wouldnt say that MA should.

Most of those are based on false promises of something for free, e.g. a currency free of transaction costs.

Already more than enough lovers of free s**t around.

I don't understand where you get this "transaction for free" for cryptocoins... they (cryptocoins) cannot work without paying the miners, so it's obvious there is a fee. But it's a tiny fraction of a Cent and not 35 US$ like the US bank charges.

I just want a working Paypal withdrawal please. Allmost instant withdrawals to PP from some game about treasure goblins and paragon levels were best ;).

Problem with PayPal is, that they often can lock down accounts when too many false CC transaction happen. So if many ppl try to scam MA, then their account might be locked. This is the reason why MA won't implement it until there is a real business service from PP.

Bitcoin yes, but only if they used a Bitcoin processor like Coinbase so that they (MindArk) would not have to worry about being subject to Bitcoin's price volatility.

Litecoin no. Dogecoin no. Any other crypto no.

It's simple

1) MindArk accepting bitcoins with a payment processor such as BitPay, they take on NO RISK because they are never holding Bitcoins in the end unless they choose to. (see BitPay's terms for futher clarification)

2) Accepting Bitcoins will only increase the revenue and playerbase of Entropia as it will allow for another payment method with practically zero transaction fees and invite more players with the added option of depositing.

3) Unfortunately there are a lot of nay-sayers on this forum; it's that acceptance phase. Just like the internet and how in the beginning many said it was a joke. Yet they players on this game are willing to drop 10 grand on a plot of land that exists only in a virtual world.

PayPal withdrawals first please.

Somehow Bzillard didn't care for scammers and had no risk of being blocked. Service worked perfectly fine even though game had tons of duped gold, bots etc.

It's simple

1) MindArk accepting bitcoins with a payment processor such as BitPay, they take on NO RISK because they are never holding Bitcoins in the end unless they choose to. (see BitPay's terms for futher clarification)

2) Accepting Bitcoins will only increase the revenue and playerbase of Entropia as it will allow for another payment method with practically zero transaction fees and invite more players with the added option of depositing.

3) Unfortunately there are a lot of nay-sayers on this forum; it's that acceptance phase. Just like the internet and how in the beginning many said it was a joke. Yet they players on this game are willing to drop 10 grand on a plot of land that exists only in a virtual world.

Thanks for the input.

To be honest, I am surprised about the huge number of "no"s without any reason given here in the topic. I am not sure, if my question maybe was misleading, because I expected more "what are you talking about" than "no"s. I would be surprised if the majority of the players know, what exactly BTCs are and how they are used.

But if all "no" voters know, how BTC works for payment/withdrawals, then I would love to see more input, why they think, it would harm the economy of Entropia. Is it, because withdrawals would be faster, cheaper`? Or becasue ppl assume, they will be on the radar for money laundry? Any other reason?

For some reason BitCoins remind me of the DotBomb era in the stock market. Where many people were so high on purchasing stocks from internet companies on "potential" alone. These companies never produced anything and led to a massive collapse and billions of dollars lost by those that ventured into this arena.

BitCoins are backed by.....nothing. Much like PED's they are a virtual currency, however unlike PED's they aren't backed by a company like MindArk. BitCoins are based on belief.

As flawed as the governments are around the world, their currencies are backed by their GDP's and a proven track record for paying debt (y'know, except Greece, and Spain, and etc....).

Eventually BitCoins may become the currency of the future, but I myself will wait and see.

For some reason BitCoins remind me of the DotBomb era in the stock market. Where many people were so high on purchasing stocks from internet companies on "potential" alone. These companies never produced anything and led to a massive collapse and billions of dollars lost by those that ventured into this arena.

BitCoins are backed by.....nothing. Much like PED's they are a virtual currency, however unlike PED's they aren't backed by a company like MindArk. BitCoins are based on belief.

As flawed as the governments are around the world, their currencies are backed by their GDP's and a proven track record for paying debt (y'know, except Greece, and Spain, and etc....).

Eventually BitCoins may become the currency of the future, but I myself will wait and see.

Bitcoin are backed by math and the Blockchain, a public ledger of all Bitcoin transactions that have ever been executed and maintained by a worldwide consensus network - a network whose processing power outperforms the top 500 supercomputers combined.

Bitcoin are backed by math and the Blockchain, a public ledger of all Bitcoin transactions that have ever been executed and maintained by a worldwide consensus network - a network whose processing power outperforms the top 500 supercomputers combined.

And that is worth what exactly?

USD 3.7 bn

So approximately the GDP of Swaziland, and less than 1/25th of what Enron was worth before it's epic collapse.

A Journey song just popped into my head: "Don't Stop Believing...."

Exactly this is the backbone of every currency. If the users don't believe in it, it crashes ofc. I mean, Euro, Dollar etc, nothing is backed by anything substantial.

But your other point, that ppl "investing" into BTC like in the 2000s in shares (and generating a huge bubble): absolutely true. It is designed and built as a currency. It is not and never will be an investing thing like shares. As long, as people don't understand this, they will lose money.

The point of my request is:
Someone wants to withdraw money from MA. I would like to see the choice of "as BTC" and you see the actual value in BTC. So you can chose, if that's more interesting than credit card/bank, where you have to pay 36 US$. When they receive the BTC they convert it directly into US$ and save a ton in bank fees.

Of course the risk is the BTC price during the time while you wait for your withdrawal to be processed.

Exactly this is the backbone of every currency. If the users don't believe in it, it crashes ofc. I mean, Euro, Dollar etc, nothing is backed by anything substantial.

But your other point, that ppl "investing" into BTC like in the 2000s in shares (and generating a huge bubble): absolutely true. It is designed and built as a currency. It is not and never will be an investing thing like shares. As long, as people don't understand this, they will lose money.

The point of my request is:
Someone wants to withdraw money from MA. I would like to see the choice of "as BTC" and you see the actual value in BTC. So you can chose, if that's more interesting than credit card/bank, where you have to pay 36 US$. When they receive the BTC they convert it directly into US$ and save a ton in bank fees.

Of course the risk is the BTC price during the time while you wait for your withdrawal to be processed.

I have no problem with using Bitcoin as a withdrawal option, I should have clarified that. I do have a problem with it being used as a funding option.

You make some excellent points.

So approximately the GDP of Swaziland, and less than 1/25th of what Enron was worth before it's epic collapse.

A Journey song just popped into my head: "Don't Stop Believing...."

Not much, yes. USD 3.7 bn is nevertheless a bit more than Luxembourg money supply M0 :)

i am against crypto , since its not create with any work...
its not even speculation , and its a big waste of electriciti...
those crypto are very bad for environement and dont have any positive value...

if at least some crypto was use to do math for something , exemple for seti , or what ever project , or those math was sold to compagny so they dont need to create data center... but no , crypto is just a big waste , and it get its value , because some people did waste time money electriciti to create it...

if at least some crypto was use to do math for something , exemple for seti , or what ever project , or those math was sold to compagny so they dont need to create data center... but no , crypto is just a big waste , and it get its value , because some people did waste time money electriciti to create it...

QFP... too short. Quoting For Posterity

1) Money from the IWF or any government is also created not from any work, so I don't understand your argument. Money only becomes value when someone produces something or crates a service and is paid for this.

2) I don't think, this is the place to start a discussion, if "normal" money is any better (funding nuclear weapons or making poor workers in Katar to slaves for the soccer league, used to pay warlords or drug dealers).

@others:
Still so many votes against BTC and such, but I would like to understand more of the reasons. I think I understood so far only one thing: the fear, that Entropia and the players will get under obvservations for money laundring (did I understand this correct?). There are so many votes against this, there must be more specific fears/arguments than just "it's a waste of energy", because we are playing a game... how else can you waste energy more htan killing pixels in a MMO? :D

@OP: Just do a search for some of the other bitcoin discussion threads here on the forum and you will get a pretty good idea of the various mindsets of those here who have such an aversion to the idea of Bitcoin as an added deposit/withdrawal option and Bitcoin in general.

It's pretty interesting, to say the very least. But kind of expected with any kind of new and ground-breaking innovation or technology in it's (relatively) early stages of introduction and development.

When it comes to new and innovative technology, there are those who take the time and effort to understand what that something is about, learn what the pros and cons are and then decide for themselves whether a) they want to become early adopters or b) that something new is just not practical/too risky for them at this early stage and hold off on it until they see it as being more viable in their eyes.

Back