Suggestions for Space

Would you like some or all of these suggestions implemented?

• Total voters

AkiranBlade

Slayer
Society
Shaolin
Akira AkiranBlade Kurusowa
Wishful thinking but I'd like to see a behemoth of changes to the dynamic of space and space travel in Entropia Universe.

1) Proper 3D space map, orbital systems, escape velocities, inter-stallar travel (not all planets in same 'system')

2) Cargo routes between planets - basically certain routes between planets become 'cargo routes' which remain lootable PvP but in these zones, you can insure your cargo (cargo being a box or collection of boxes which are insurable.) If you stray outside of the cargo routes, your insurance is void on the cargo boxes. The dynamic of insurance, insured stackables and how they are looted are down to MA :D

3) Add non-planet partner fringe worlds that require further distances to be travelled, have little in the way of infrastructure and are for temporary visits.

4) Wormhole chip enhancements

a) Existing wormhole chip is classed as a low-energy wormhole, can only go point to point on same planet

b) New wormhole chips with cosmic range are introduced, with limitation and are expensive to use and a failure rate (which dumps you somewhere in between the source and destination.) You declare how many people are travelling up before charging or before destination selection (they have to be in team perhaps.) The amount of people will limit the range, because of energy requirements. You could perhaps even implement restrictions on carry weight too.

I like the first point - there should be stellar systems and other planets / moons / stations / asteroids / etc.

I dont like limiting pvp and increasing number of rules for it - let it be the players who make those rules by themself through active gameplay - thats what pvp is all about - interacting with others without failsafe options.

No interplanetary wormholes for me - this would screw over the balance of anything requireing transport between planets - we already have cargo transport options over auction.

I dont like limiting pvp and increasing number of rules for it - let it be the players who make those rules by themself through active gameplay - thats what pvp is all about - interacting with others without failsafe options.

Hmm, kind of thought it would be an interesting option to have the whole insurance piece in there. Other space sim titles employ this.

No interplanetary wormholes for me - this would screw over the balance of anything requireing transport between planets - we already have cargo transport options over auction.

They would be rare ;)

Anything as long it involves getting rid of PVP on space.

Space stations should have turrets that shoot neg rep ships if they fly into protected space. Force pirates to linger outside protected space instead of sit next to spawn points and chase you while you fly out. Pirates can use planets as trade posts instead of using space stations as easy access TT terminals. Make them pay 2 ped and decay on their thrusters to sell your loot.

Space stations should have turrets that shoot neg rep ships if they fly into protected space. Force pirates to linger outside protected space instead of sit next to spawn points and chase you while you fly out. Pirates can use planets as trade posts instead of using space stations as easy access TT terminals. Make them pay 2 ped and decay on their thrusters to sell your loot.

I like that, pirate-free stations, your penalty for being a pirate, because in reality, if the pirates hang around civilised places, the law would 'ave 'em!

OP got some really good ideas +REP

The point with the wormholes for spacetravel, well I would create it that way that it can be used from any ship in space, and opens a whormhole where ships may pass through (from Sleip to MS).

Working same way as planet bound whormholes but for ships in space, no limitation of ships passing through.
To limit it, it should have a timer when it shuts down automatically, lets say after 1h or so, up to MA.

K-Max idea for some guarded pirate free space stations sounds nice too +REP

Good ideas - variety is the spice of life - and levels of risk can be another spice of life too.
I tend to prefer the first one, variety, so would welcome more complexity which provides more options.

Keeping a balance is of, course, more difficult then, and MA appears to still be a space toddler and I expect it to stay so at least until pets, compet, resource gathering and land plots develop more.

It does look as if we may get protected (insured) boxes for specific goods coming in soon, which is one way of steering the control of certain materials without giving up on pvp.

I saw a video once for something else where 'silent running' mode was being tested to see how 'invisible' ships really became to other ships nearby under various cirumstances.... MA is soooooo far away from that kind of detail.
I would love gravity etc to be implemented though.

Im with John. I like the PvP options in space.

Our point of divergence comes on wormholes.

Disclaimer: I own both a privateer and a wormhole chip

Now I dont think we should add *more* wormhole chips. I think we should simply review the novelty function of current chips. I have a chip, and right now its only value is dazzling newbies as I rescue them from revives without teleporters. Its kindof... no... its extremely lame. At $1 per rescue, its silly and borderline useless. That needs to change.

Add interplanetary functionality, but add it with a restriction on level. So you can use basic chip functions at level 18, and create an interplanetary wormhole at level 30 or something. This should keep the balance John seeks. Its hard to get to level 30 translocator.

Also dont drop more of them. More chips would upset the balance. Its delicate, restoring useful functions to something without causing problems elsewhere.

Additionally what I would do is add more quest chains and lines. The Galactica mission is a good start. However each space station should have its own set of space missions.

The other worlds idea and planetary systems idea are great. Theyve been mentioned in the past by many others, and its a good thing that you brought this up again.

I like that folks are putting thought into this and I'll vote yes, especially for #1.

#1 is similar to what I suggested here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-to-do-to-space-in-June&p=3370459#post3370459

I made another one in the same thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-to-do-to-space-in-June&p=3369854#post3369854

Regarding the pvp thing, you will naturally have all those opposed to any changes who are heavily invested in coping with or even profiting from the current status quo.

Non-lootable training grounds around the planets would be cool to have indeed.

The insurance idea actually is something for a business players could organize, and I would imagine this was conceived by MA, but hasn't turned out so. Namely, that a cargo ship or convoy would hire a protection squadron of skilled fighters to come along. With some motherships upgraded to insane SI and on-board guns manned by volunteers sufficient to be nigh invincible, this isn't necessary anymore and if someone with a less well protected ship tried it, it would be more expensive than current service offers. Of course, we have to live with a chosen few dominating this market sector.

If space pvp as such were to be changed, then, personally, I would like to see something akin to Cyrene's pvp hub, where all skills are equal. The current system lacks fairness, and I guess this is what really irks most people.

I love the idea of a proper 3D space map and Add non-planet partner fringe worlds

Id like to see these too :D

more spaceship's added to the game with unique roles. for example.

A scout ship (very quick but has low SI ) - that requires two people to operate , one being the pilot the other operating a scanner that is able to scan within a certain range. < - could be linked to scanning skill ?

A DropShip (very slow, limited weaponry)- capable of landing in planet hangers ? would ideally be used to transport people to and from space. But not ideal for traveling between planets.

A mining ship

...and so on :)

Space stations to have shops also!

Thanks for your posts and votes guys, interesting counter-proposals.

I think it wasn't clear that the other chips would be pretty darn rare and obviously, the balancing of such changes would absolutely need to be handled carefully, as do most new items and changes to existing ones.

Turrets on space stations.

Dont "half copy" another successful space MMORPG and forget the penalty for being a bad guy.

Make Karma have a real value. Let the pirates only dock on asteroids, they want to attack those undocking from space stations, they better not get too close! :rocket:

Invoice enc. ;)

Little space discussion bump :D

Option 1 - yes it should have been like that from the start.

Option 2 - no because it should be free movement but see notes on 3 for reason.

Option 3 - Nice idea but if you tied it specific resources and split the income between the PP's by the number of active players on them. Make them only accessible through gates as per option 1 and have those resources only available there and on no planets but require them for certain mid - high level crafting. Leaving them as specific lootable pvp areas just like the ones on planets. The problem being pirates camping the entry and exit points which still hasn't be solved and doubt ever will by MA.

The only obvious one being limited time in zone, a time restriction before re-entering it and a random space entry point within it just like pvp fps games. MS and Privateers would need a docked status with a minimum time period.

Option 4b - No, people would just use them to bypass all space entirely by forming their own mass transit system. 'Form an orderly queue, last one off the planet please turn off the lights.'

But 1,2 and 3 have all been suggested in various forms since space was launched.

Any solution needs someone at MA getting behind them which doesn't appear to be happening as they seem more interested in Compets atm.

Last edited:
Option 4b - No, people would just use them to bypass all space entirely by forming their own mass transit system. 'Form an orderly queue, last one off the planet please turn off the lights.'

Yes, this is why I said there would be limitations (read balancing.) You would have a limited amount of energy capacity on the chip, more people reduces the amount of energy thus limiting the range. The further you go, the fewer people / weight you can transport.

But 1,2 and 3 have all been suggested in various forms since space was launched.

I appreciate that, my suggestions are kind of linked as a more complete solution. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Im with John. I like the PvP options in space.

Our point of divergence comes on wormholes.

Disclaimer: I own both a privateer and a wormhole chip

Now I dont think we should add *more* wormhole chips. I think we should simply review the novelty function of current chips. I have a chip, and right now its only value is dazzling newbies as I rescue them from revives without teleporters. Its kindof... no... its extremely lame. At $1 per rescue, its silly and borderline useless. That needs to change.

Add interplanetary functionality, but add it with a restriction on level. So you can use basic chip functions at level 18, and create an interplanetary wormhole at level 30 or something. This should keep the balance John seeks. Its hard to get to level 30 translocator.

Also dont drop more of them. More chips would upset the balance. Its delicate, restoring useful functions to something without causing problems elsewhere.

Additionally what I would do is add more quest chains and lines. The Galactica mission is a good start. However each space station should have its own set of space missions.

The other worlds idea and planetary systems idea are great. Theyve been mentioned in the past by many others, and its a good thing that you brought this up again.

Your profile Picture pretty much covers what i think about your idea.

Back