What happened to crater?

Rave

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
RP Rave Prospector
Well, my first time logging in since the last quick patch... I jumped to Vanguards to kill a few and I noticed that Warlocks are everywhere. They are completely mixed in with the Vanguards.

These mobs are two completely different damage types, so how exactly is a Vanguard hunter supposed to kill them now? Was this intentional? Or another slap in the face?

Well, my first time logging in since the last quick patch... I jumped to Vanguards to kill a few and I noticed that Warlocks are everywhere. They are completely mixed in with the Vanguards.

These mobs are two completely different damage types, so how exactly is a Vanguard hunter supposed to kill them now? Was this intentional? Or another slap in the face?

Everything seems to be a slap in the face, so I would go with the later to be on the safe side.

The Warlocks banned together in an amazing feat of cooperation to repel some filthy humans who were abusing the poor helpless Vanguards......:yup:

:tiphat:

Probably due to people (like leaders of some socs I know) trapping them. Although, now I understand some used to be reputable people are trapping the warlocks now.

Leave it up to asshats to ruin it for the rest of us eh

Leave it up to asshats to ruin it for the rest of us eh

I'm sorry that hunting spot turned into a warlock mosh pit but I was fed up with the assclowns :mad:

Are the Vanguards south of Fort Ithaca of no use to you?

Are the Vanguards south of Fort Ithaca of no use to you?

The spawns outside of the crater have always been annoying. Troopers, legionaires, bulks, small vanguards, ninja spawns, etc. The crater was a comfortable place to hunt one of the bigger standard mobs. If they did this because of trappers, fix their ability to trap. Don't take away the spawn setup for us legitimate hunters.

The spawns outside of the crater have always been annoying. Troopers, legionaires, bulks, small vanguards, ninja spawns, etc. The crater was a comfortable place to hunt one of the bigger standard mobs. If they did this because of trappers, fix their ability to trap. Don't take away the spawn setup for us legitimate hunters.

But the times I visited south of Ithaca, I saw no one hunting the 08 - 10 maturities there. I presume they are still there?

Non mixed spawn too. All the Vanguards there looked very bored waiting for some action, as I found out when I got out of my sleipnir! :D

But the times I visited south of Ithaca, I saw no one hunting the 08 - 10 maturities there. I presume they are still there?

Non mixed spawn too. All the Vanguards there looked very bored waiting for some action, as I found out when I got out of my sleipnir! :D

Generation 8-10? There is Gen 1-4, Communicators, Coordinators, and Commanders (Unless 8-10 are new?). Do you mean the latter 3? If so, and its unmixed, I'll go check it out.

But one of the big things for me is the ninja spawns, the crater had a set spawn (3 at any given time, on each side of the fence) and you would have enough time to loot and move before being ninja'd.

Again, it just sucks that they flooded the area with warlocks to ward off trappers. It's just a cheap way to fix an issue, and it unjustly affects the rest of us who don't cheat.

Generation 8-10? There is Gen 1-4, Communicators, Coordinators, and Commanders (Unless 8-10 are new?). Do you mean the latter 3? If so, and its unmixed, I'll go check it out.

If you check the Creatures thread for Vanguard (link in my signature) the Vanguard 8-10 spawn was there back in February when I typed it in, and unless anything has changed, it is still there in July (I remember visiting the spawn as recently as two weeks ago now that I recall).

If for any reason they aren't there any more I apologise for wasting your time, if they are there, go and have a blast! :handgun:

I agree that the crater spawn is the best one to hunt.

'They' have done nothing to fix the vanguard trapping issue. I reported the exploit to MA in November 2013 and many times since.

I parked those Locks after getting fed up with the situation.

I agree that the crater spawn is the best one to hunt.

'They' have done nothing to fix the vanguard trapping issue. I reported the exploit to MA in November 2013 and many times since.

I parked those Locks after getting fed up with the situation.

not mentioning any names , but i have just witnessed a High Soc " Trapping " Warlocks , so Hades is out with Vanguards and in with Warlocks , so nothing has been fixed , its still a Trap Fest :p

oh and a support case has been forwarded

I don´t get it, can Warlocks and Vanguards that get trapped be damaged?

Actually I can´t damage any trapped mob anywhere on Calypso, so what is the idea of trapping mobs?

What advantage someone will have with that, well more regen on the mob?

As said, don´t get it.

not mentioning any names , but i have just witnessed a High Soc " Trapping " Warlocks , so Hades is out with Vanguards and in with Warlocks , so nothing has been fixed , its still a Trap Fest :p

oh and a support case has been forwarded

I had heard this was happening with WL but I have not witnessed it.

I don´t get it, can Warlocks and Vanguards that get trapped be damaged?

Actually I can´t damage any trapped mob anywhere on Calypso, so what is the idea of trapping mobs?

What advantage someone will have with that, well more regen on the mob?

As said, don´t get it.

Yes Goni, Vanguards took damage while trapped, they never went 'unreachable'.

The advantage? ZERO defense cost.

I had heard this was happening with WL but I have not witnessed it.

Yes Goni, Vanguards took damage while trapped, they never went 'unreachable'.

The advantage? ZERO defense cost.

Also the advantage a niblet can hunt them with a non sib weapon and not get hit . So the whole balancing of mob level and requirements to hunt such is thrown out the window . Just another reason why i have given up with EU

Back