Whats with the auction and the orders

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I listed an item for +278% there are 4 orders from +280% to 295.10% and my item got put on the auction. Yesterday I offered long moon for +4884 % and there was an order for 5000% and mine got on the auction along with 3 others, we all got screwed together. BTW I did have the buyout and it was within the number ordered.
I am sure glad we got that patch it has really helped:eyecrazy:

You just have missunderstood the new order system.

If there are auctions expiring within the orders lifetime, the order will automatically bid on these up to the value of the order, eBay sort of style.

If there are auctions expiring within the orders lifetime, the order will automatically bid on these up to the value of the order, eBay sort of style.

yeah stupid style, no longer possible to look at orders, set price to meet that orders and imediately sell the stack :(

That sucks !

Actually I think this new order system, made orders useless! Nobody can rely on it anymore, not the sellers nor the buyer.

The new system is great. I got some stuff cheaper than expected already, plus: it avoids that few players manipulate the market easily.

If someone wants to have fun with traders, he sets the SB lower than typical BO and locks their PEDs.

If someone wants someting NOW he should use the BO price, no matter how high. If he wants to buy cheap, it's not a problem to wait one day.

You are right I have no idea what you are saying :scratch2: and I still don't know how it works.

What will happen when you set SB and BO to the same value?

Lets say a buyer puts order in for 1000 units @10ped each for 3 days.

Seller places 100 units with starbid of 9ped and buyout of 20ped for 1 day. The order will place the 9pedx100 startbid on this item and have 900 units left on his order (although it will still show as 1000 units)

You come along and sell 1000 units at 10ped but the order can't take it 'cause it's already placed 100 unit bid at 9ped on previous seller.

Now you place 500 units at startbid 9ped and buyout 20ped for 1 week. Your startbid isn't taken by the order because your 1 week ends after the order expires.

Now you try 500 unit at buyout 10ped for 1 week. The order still has 900 units remaining, so takes the buyout as the time of the auctions is irrelevant due to buyout; effectively working like it used to.

Last edited:
Buyer set order for 1000 at MU 200% for 3 days.

Seller places auction for 500 items 2 day starting at 100% set buyout to 250% - order places bid on that.

Other seller checks orders, try to sell 1000 items at 200% startbid+buyout set 1 day (to fit in buyorder), order does not buy as not enough left on it.

After 1 day 2nd sellers auction could happen end unsold.

Shortly after 2nd sellers auction run out, another player took buyout of the auction that started by first seller.

Ergo:

Order got nothing, seller who tried to hit the order sold nothing!

Thats stupid !

Order should not place bids, just take buyouts that meat the order, as we have had it in old days!

Lets say a buyer puts order in for 1000 units @10ped each for 3 days.

Seller places 100 units with starbid of 9ped and buyout of 20ped for 1 day. The order will place the 9pedx100 startbid on this item and have 900 units left on his order (although it will still show as 1000 units)

You come along and sell 1000 units at 10ped but the order can't take it 'cause it's already placed 100 unit bid at 9ped on previous seller.

Now you place 500 units at startbid 9ped and buyout 20ped for 1 week. Your startbid isn't taken by the order because your 1 week ends after the order expires.

Now you try 500 unit at buyout 10ped for 1 week. The order still has 900 units remaining, so takes the buyout as the time of the auctions is irrelevant due to buyout; effectively working like it used to.

I know that its not your fault but that has to be the dumbest thing I have every seen. When a player is trying to sell something using the order as the amount to charge he has no idea what is going on. At the very least when an order places a bid it should reduce the amount of the order by the order's bid. By doing it the way you explained it makes using orders to sell an item(s) useless. Personally I think this is another way for MA to get auction fees, period. I know that I lost an auction fee because I though I made a mistake on my sell so I removed it and set the price lower just in case and had to pay another fee.

Really way to complicated IMO.

Back