Can non-tradeable loot pills be pk looted?

tt1499

Old
Just wonder if these stupid strongbox pills can be looted in space if a player gets killed?

They are in the materials section, so i'm assuming they can be.

it is realy about time to introduce an indicator, if the item is lootable.... i mean cmon, that is one day of coding, at the longest maybe two. What work could it be to add one variable to the iteminfo (which obviously has to exist already.. in one or anothre way)

what about hdna, is it still lootable?

it is realy about time to introduce an indicator, if the item is lootable.... i mean cmon, that is one day of coding, at the longest maybe two. What work could it be to add one variable to the iteminfo (which obviously has to exist already.. in one or anothre way)

Depends on the team setup :).
It's likely, that some game designer has to chose, if this is important, then visual concepts, then steering board discussions, then coding, testing on dev environment, bugfixing, re-testing (here I assume 4-5 rounds, hehe :D), testing on staging, bug fixing, release.

Remember, that the EU devs cannot work like app programmers, they have to be extremely accurate, which makes even simple stuff like this VERY slow. In total the process might take a lot man days, as so many different ppl are involved.

it's not about developing a new game feature, it's about showing data that actually is in the database already.

normally it shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes to include the pvp lootability in the item info. but yes, i know, mindark time is nearly like valve time...

also, are you really sure that mindark fixes bugs before release? they very often don't even fix them afterwards! :lolup:

Nope......

Well guess what, some can be looted. And not only that, you can be looted in a safe zone!!!!

looted_wtf.jpg

Now i'd like to see how MA answer this support case. Like to understand why some rules can be broken.

Well guess what, some can be looted. And not only that, you can be looted in a safe zone!!!!

looted_wtf.jpg

Now i'd like to see how MA answer this support case. Like to understand why some rules can be broken.

Wait, WHAT!?

That should not be possible!

Can you pm me in game? Can't figure out your name.

Edit:

To clarify the "WHaT!?": I have personally tested both skillpills, neurostims and lootpills. MA has also said, that stuff like that is not lootable.

Are you sure it wasn't the tradeable ones!? A, B, C and H?

Last edited:
Wait, WHAT!?

That should not be possible!

Can you pm me in game? Can't figure out your name.

Will do. So for the record, lost my regen pills from the strongboxes (qty 106) and my iron ingots. May have lost some others but cant tell. Looks less than what i had tho.

As I recall, if you are in lootable areas and go into a non-lootable area, you remain lootable for a short period of time (30 seconds?).

As I recall, if you are in lootable areas and go into a non-lootable area, you remain lootable for a short period of time (30 seconds?).

Yes, it's been like that since I started (in 2006).
It's not just in space - it applies in all PVP zones on planet too.

Had i have known that i would of said STFU to CP and tp'd back to calypso. Or better still try to defend myself.

I know for sure that nanobot buffs are lootable, so why not pills?

according to MA, all stackable items are lootable in pvp, except ammo, mind essence.

How does that makes Sense????

How would you like if a pirate placed himself at the edge of the safe zone, and did a quick move out, shoot, and quick move back? There needs to be some hysteresis.

according to MA, all stackable items are lootable in pvp, except ammo, mind essence.

Actaully I had a round about with MA about this very issue and they firmly stated to me that

ALL STACKABLE ITEMS THAT ARE NOT USED TO ENHANCE ITEMS OR ARE CONSUMED BY ITEMS ARE TO BE CONSIDERED LOOTABLE IN LOOTABLE PVP, NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE IN YOUR INVENTORY. THERE ARE SOME EXPECTIONS LIKE DEEDS AND A FEW OTHERS, THERE IS NO COMPLETE LIST OF WHICH ITEMS THESE ARE AND YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BE WEARY WHEN ENTERING LOOTABLE PVP WITH STACKABLE ITEMS.

I asked them if they intend to ever add a feature to indicate which ones are lootable and they just said they will pass the idea along to their developers so I am guessing that means F U we support pirates and stealing live with it or quit.

ALL STACKABLE ITEMS THAT ARE NOT USED TO ENHANCE ITEMS OR ARE CONSUMED BY ITEMS ARE TO BE CONSIDERED LOOTABLE IN LOOTABLE PVP, NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE IN YOUR INVENTORY. THERE ARE SOME EXPECTIONS LIKE DEEDS AND A FEW OTHERS, THERE IS NO COMPLETE LIST OF WHICH ITEMS THESE ARE AND YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BE WEARY WHEN ENTERING LOOTABLE PVP WITH STACKABLE ITEMS.

Not sure if this was your typo or theirs, but it pretty much sums up my feelings.

Actaully I had a round about with MA about this very issue and they firmly stated to me that

I asked them if they intend to ever add a feature to indicate which ones are lootable and they just said they will pass the idea along to their developers so I am guessing that means F U we support pirates and stealing live with it or quit.

Attribute tokens? :eek:

I read this and that in various postings, and now this again. I find it indeed absolutely dishonourable that there isn't at least an authoritative list in an easy-to-find spot on the official website. In case I've missed it, so have others, as indicated by that we're having this discussion again.

Simplest solution i.m.o. would be if non-lootable items currently sitting in the materials section would be moved to either the misc or the PED/deeds section, which is almost empty and wasted space anyway while the rest is so crowded that it's hard to find things. Whiatever you do MA, just don't keep people in the dark about it, this is an absolute no-go.

THERE ARE SOME EXCEPTIONS LIKE DEEDS AND A FEW OTHERS

And therein lies the whole problem of what is or isn't lootable :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I agree it is time for some sort of sign to tell us what is lootable in pvp and what is not.

Even a list from MA telling us what is not lootable would be better than the way it is now.

I agree it is time for some sort of sign to tell us what is lootable in pvp and what is not.

Even a list from MA telling us what is not lootable would be better than the way it is now.

The information I've heard from tech support was this: All stackables are lootable UNLESS it is used as ammo for some tool, weapon, etc.

So, ammo, mind essence (all types), welding wire, etc. If it's not something like this, assume it's lootable.

The information I've heard from tech support was this: All stackables are lootable UNLESS it is used as ammo for some tool, weapon, etc.

So, ammo, mind essence (all types), welding wire, etc. If it's not something like this, assume it's lootable.

There should be just one rule.

If it is listed in "Materials" or "Mined Resources" it is lootable in lootable PVP zones.

If MA want to make it even simpler in a future version update, they should combine both and call it "Lootable items"

Job done. No if's no but's. Because sooner or later, just about every player will go through space.

Solves a lot of problems and makes it easier to check whether you are carrying something that you could lose.

Attribute tokens?

Non tradeable items can't be looted.
So you must of had pills A, B, C or H. ( this can be traded)
I wish the could be looted becauae this way we could sell them in PVP.
I will take 50 pills you shoot me and give me 100 ped!

If it cant be traded it can't be looted!

There should be just one rule.
There is. It's just a complicated one. :(
Attribute tokens?

I'm no expert on what's lootable, just passing some info.

However I believe all tokens are lootable. They don't fit on the "ammo for a device" category.

There is. It's just a complicated one. :(

Then it needs to be improved / simplified (IMHO).

I hope a future VU merges Materials and Mined Resources into "Lootable" so everyone is in no doubt and you only need to check in one location before heading out into space.

I cant really see any need for 2 seperate areas, most people either go out hunting or mining not both, and even if they do, they have to return when they are too heavy anyway.

Back