Replace hangars with CLD land plots

baron topper

Old Alpha
Society
Danish Society
baron topper
replace hangars with CLD land plots

In game there is 12 areas with hangars, with no use on Calypso.

Mindark should offer the hangar owners a land plot, in replacement of there hangars and use the rest of the space, for additional land plots, thereby get rid of the hangars with no use, and use the rest of the space to something useful.

Baron topper.

Last edited:
Do you own one? I do an I quite like my hangar and all its space and NPC's. It makes a great party area-& Maybe one day i'll actually be able to land my ship in it <more hope than belief that last bit :)

Agree.

more chars

NO good idea!

Its hangars, and MA could give them a use.
Any ideas welcome!

Transforming hangar to something else is not the way to solve things.

Especially because claimable landplots are limited to the amount of CLDs existing, adding further landplots for other things can´t be the right way to go!

Then build hangars on the plots :yay:

Got to be the dumbest suggestion of the day...

I'm still hoping MA have a plan for them and a proper use:eyecrazy:

I would offer them such an option but wouldn't force it onto them. Most would refuse anyway as they keep believing that hangars were meant to be something else than just estates. Also I suspect that some realize the truth but think that if they will bother MA long enough, those might throw in some functionality just to be left alone :)

I would love to see more outdoor areas for the hangars + have them closer together. I would like to see if a hangar is empty or used and the outdoor area is a good place for this.

P.S.: I don't own a hangar.

I would offer them such an option but wouldn't force it onto them. Most would refuse anyway as they keep believing that hangars were meant to be something else than just estates. Also I suspect that some realize the truth but think that if they will bother MA long enough, those might throw in some functionality just to be left alone :)

Have to agree with Svarog here, while it is sad for quite some hangar owners, but the decision to hand out hangars was not mindarks it was FPC who gave hangars to previous hangar owners who had received a privateers plus space thruster as compensation for their old hangar buildings.
The hangars in the new space had no intented functionality and all functionality build in was that of an regular estate.
Some may hope that if they press it long enough they will get functionality restored to their buildings even thought it was not intented.
If mindark is going to allow planetside landing for privateers it will most likely be at some spaceport that is avaiable on all planets - they cant just require hangar buildings to land as other planets dont have them.

An optional offer of land plots to replace former hangar buildings with a clear statement of mindark if those hangar buildings will at some point receive any more functionality or if they are considered finished estates would probably be a good solution to have.
It would also be good if there is a real spaceport with functionality comming (maybe with landing fees) at some point if existing hangar owners had the option to alternatively land in their hangars (with no or less landing fees).
Or maybe the hangars could become some kind of customizition yards - for privateers and motherships to go down and get a 'paintjob' (appliying colors/textures) done and/or turrets enhanced/switched.
The issue with that though would be that other planets would have to receive equal functionalities.

I dont own a hangar but it would be a cheap way for mindark to bail out like this and i dont like it.
Even with no functionality hangars are cool estates. If we scrap hangars for land plots other estate owners could develop funny ideas.

Dont like the idea, sorry

RIP My Old Hanger :(

If they bother MA long enough, MA will realize hangars look like a perfect target for a terrorist attack and they could make an event out of it.

"Robot forces have landed at your hangar and blown it up. You now own six hundred square meters of radioactive wasteland (lootable PVP, mind ya). To claim it, you need to kill 16666 Experimental Adjusted Improved Droka in the area. Good luck!"

"Robot forces have landed at your hangar and blown it up. You now own six hundred square meters of radioactive wasteland (lootable PVP, mind ya). To claim it, you need to kill 16666 Experimental Adjusted Improved Droka in the area. Good luck!"

Please hire today at MA, the game would be a lot more fun.... maybe a lot more terrifying too, but i like it :D.

If they bother MA long enough, MA will realize hangars look like a perfect target for a terrorist attack and they could make an event out of it.

If that radioactive wasteland generates tax for the owner after he killed all the robots, then not a bad idea _D

If that radioactive wasteland generates tax for the owner after he killed all the robots, then not a bad idea _D

Knowing MA, you would have to kill all 16k robots every time you wanted to use your hanger.

Why would you want MA to replace your hanger with a CLD plot? Hangers are kind of cool. What would you be willing to give it up for?

That was the old pre-space shuttle ship?

Yes, that was the original one. You might see some old video of the top of the square hanger lifting up and the ship blasting off to space. It had two seats in front, and two in back. As the pilot you had a Heads Up Display that would tell you when your passengers were correctly in their seats, if not, and you took off, they died, people would also die if they were standing too close to the hanger outside :laugh:

Teaching people how to get in or get out of their seat was the most time consuming thing about the whole ride! It was a pain. People would not be able to see what they were doing, couldn't find the button on the seat to sit you down, didn't know how to r-click the button, or whatever. I am pretty patient, but if I had to explain it over and over and they took too long to get it, I would just say screw this and just took off and killed them. They would revive back at Cape Corinth and PM saying, "Hey, I died! What happened!?!?" I would just tell they have to be in their seat when the train leaves the station or else, and paid them back later :laugh:

The flying was kind of lame, but decent for the era I guess. You would blast off and the screen would go black for a little while then you would arrive in the hanger either your own, or at the Crystal Palace and just get up from your seat and exit the hatch. You can see the ramp in that picture that lifted up and closed.

I don't know what Crystal Palace is like now, but before it was long rows of hangers and people were constantly getting lost and it took forever to run anywhere because of that lower gravity thing :laugh:

Good times :yup:

Edit, found a quck video of one taking off...

Last edited:
and one landing...

But as a pilot or passenger you never saw any of that cool stuff :laugh:

Oh wow, watching those videos, with a few beers in, the nostalgia is soooo nice!

I'll not say "those were the good old days" because we can never know. Time does not allow.

EU is constantly moving forward, and we are along for the ride.

Sometimes EU moves so slowly it almost seems like it's going backwards, but then it can suddenly break into a sprint and then... It's all we can do to stay up with it.

I've had a 'love hate' relationship with EU since 2007... But right now it feels like we finally have qualified helmsman at the rudder of the ship that is Entropia Universe - Mindark.

Cheers, Q

Reactions: Mac
As a hangar owner............No Thanks......

Back