Pricecheck: Iapetus Ring

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Last edited:
Not 99k.. not 199k. Better off to buy a mod fap than this. Life steal is nice but overall it has been overvalued even with the cloaks. Hell for 99k or 199k.. you could buy a land area or clds that will pay back what you otherwise would be saving by using the ring in def cost.

I give it around 40k to 50k at a minimum and any variation dependant on the upcoming update that allows rings to be upgraded and if uniques are exempt.

Not 99k.. not 199k. Better off to buy a mod fap than this. Life steal is nice but overall it has been overvalued even with the cloaks. Hell for 99k or 199k.. you could buy a land area or clds that will pay back what you otherwise would be saving by using the ring in def cost.

I give it around 40k to 50k at a minimum and any variation dependant on the upcoming update that allows rings to be upgraded and if uniques are exempt.

It is all relative. A terminator in mayhem would get a huge advantage which however a opalo would not. ( Yea i know there is a big differential between the two).

The lifesteal element has been rare as a feature so far. It is not meant in its present rarity for the common person with 100-120 dps. It is meant for those who will be fighting for a lot of peds , who already have there t10 mm's , mod faps, supremacy armor etc and for whom every little bit will give them a further edge in competitions. Also comparing it to LA's, CLD's etc is moot as then perhaps everyone should get into trading or investing ( point being there are plenty of people who enjoy hunting and would rather enjoy winning events in there main profession).

Coming back to the ring, while its really tough to put a value on this, factors like uniqueness means that all u need is one motivated buyer and you could really ask whatever price you want. However , new unique rings could get better with time and as such personally I think it would have gone better for the seller if he had put SB of 50k and BO of 100k. I would not be surprised however if someone does go past 100k on this, as to each there own.

It sure is the best ring out there right now and until something better is put into loot it will continue to remain so.

Price is decent. The 1% lifesteal cloak goes for over 40k, this has way more benefits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Price is decent. The 1% lifesteal cloak goes for over 40k, this has way more benefits.

Disagree completely, but yes, subscribed in the event your SB/BO becomes more realistic.

To be clear, for this price tag you can get a imp/mod fap which is far superior than just a ring.....

Disagree completely, but yes, subscribed in the event your SB/BO becomes more realistic.

To be clear, for this price tag you can get a imp/mod fap which is far superior than just a ring.....

with this ring you wont need to fap as much... 200% regen etc i would rather have the ring personally but i am a lazy fapper. Guess it depends on the deterior rate

with this ring you wont need to fap as much... 200% regen etc i would rather have the ring personally but i am a lazy fapper. Guess it depends on the deterior rate

huh? I don't think you understand what 200% regeneration really means.... its not a means to replace fapping... especially replacing a mod fap or imp fap.... plus with the LS and other attributes, this ring will get the best results from those players who have tier 10 MMs, or other large DPS guns. To hunt MOBS appropriate for those... you need WAY more then just 200% regen....

Not trying to derail this post but bottomline, this ring does not replace fapping at all, but supplements it only with the lifesteal and regen combination together.

huh? I don't think you understand what 200% regeneration really means.... its not a means to replace fapping... especially replacing a mod fap or imp fap.... plus with the LS and other attributes, this ring will get the best results from those players who have tier 10 MMs, or other large DPS guns. To hunt MOBS appropriate for those... you need WAY more then just 200% regen....

Not trying to derail this post but bottomline, this ring does not replace fapping at all, but supplements it only with the lifesteal and regen combination together.

200 % + regen = 12 health/20 seconds = enough to hunt a ton small and medium mobs which die (mostly) before they reach you

I agree Dolly, but probably what Corvette means is that for mobs you have troubles to survive with, the help of the ring is not that determinant, not like a big fap or an uber armor.

Still good one to have, Unique too

200 % + regen = 12 health/20 seconds = enough to hunt a ton small and medium mobs which die (mostly) before they reach you

I respect your comments, but that is far less important than the additional health and the 1% lifesteal.... 1% of a mod merc tier 10 at 86 shots a min is FAR more hp gain than the regen itself, yet still not enough for the mobs that are big enough to stay alive on top of you.

Bottomline, this ring can help ANYONE, got that, but the price tag will only fetch an uber with the gear to help accommodate the increases it gives.

I don't see someone spending 50 to 200k or whatever this will fetch to help kill small feffoids or troxies :) just saying

mobs that die before they reach you, dont cause you damage (unless bots) so regen is not needed

But the ring is obviously very nice and I will subscribe too

I'd have put it like this. If I had found this, I'd want to keep it.

Why not throw it out at 99k, see if anyone bites, if anyone does, its going to sell (SB met).

There are plenty of items worth more in game and only a handful are unique (Terminator, that Roman Ram thing etc)

If it doesn't sell, he can use it, but I think it will find a buyer at some point, might go for 100k. It's possible, after all how much does 20hp cost in Commando skill at the higher levels?

I don't see someone spending 50 to 200k or whatever this will fetch to help kill small feffoids or troxies just saying

with a high dps rifle you can kill some mobs with above 1,5 K health before they reach you, but yes most likely theese are not the mobs the buyer will hunt

mobs that die before they reach you, dont cause you damage (unless bots) so regen is not needed

But the ring is obviously very nice and I will subscribe too
ofc you get a hit here and there, and some majurites usually are bigger then the rest...

For someone owning the Terminator (or something close to it) and a ModFAP already, who has shitloads of PED, why not above 100k PED, worth a try imho :)

Personally I wouldn´t pay that much, but some high end hunters think totally different than me.

Why to pay 100k or 200k ped on a ring ? when you can buy 10.000 or 20.000 BOXES ??!?!?!?!?!
Imagine.... 20.000 BOXES ! -> On that I bet MA will give you an Ancient Perfected Mod Unique Antique Mega UL Ring :)
Atm.. I consider the UL rings are too much evaluated. Why pay thousands of dollars when you can buy thousands of boxes and loot your own ?!

Why to pay 100k or 200k ped on a ring ? when you can buy 10.000 or 20.000 BOXES ??!?!?!?!?!
Imagine.... 20.000 BOXES ! -> On that I bet MA will give you an Ancient Perfected Mod Unique Antique Mega UL Ring :)
Atm.. I consider the UL rings are too much evaluated. Why pay thousands of dollars when you can buy thousands of boxes and loot your own ?!

I am absolutely sure that already much more than 20k boxes have been bought (not by one person but in total), how many UNIQUE rings have dopped ??? Only 1 so far.

Buying 20k boxes in no way is a gurantee to get an UL UNIQUE ring out of it.
Buying an UL UNIQUE ring that is discovered and for sale(maybe auction), is a gurantee to get it, when you pay the buyout!

Plus get 75000-150000 PED Universal ammo which you can cycle back to lootpool and then withdraw it and then buy even more boxes :eek:. Not to mention all the delicious skill pills, offense pills and a shit load of pets (maybe even rare ones) a shit load of (L) rings which one day will be transformable to something mysterious. If I was rich I would certainly buy over 9000 boxes!

I am absolutely sure that already much more than 20k boxes have been bought (not by one person but in total), how many UNIQUE rings have dopped ??? Only 1 so far.

Buying 20k boxes in no way is a gurantee to get an UL UNIQUE ring out of it.
Buying an UL UNIQUE ring that is discovered and for sale(maybe auction), is a gurantee to get it, when you pay the buyout!

Hey, don't rain on his parade. I like his idea. I think every rich fucker in this game should buy at least 20k boxes if they haven't already done so already. I bought 10, so I'm good.

Don't forget, the rings are not restricted to gender.

So even if it's just the exact same as the cloak only (which this isn't, as it's better), it will be already worth more.

So even if it's just the exact same as the cloak only (which this isn't, as it's better), it will be already worth more.

Except decay.

At 150 dps you can do (realistically) 400k damage an hour with the exception for mayhem. That means 4000 hp. If decay is 1 ped per hour, it's 40 heal per pec and a bunch of people would be losing money by using it. At 2 ped per hour, it's 20 heal per pec which in the context is horrible.

The number one reason for the cloaks price is the fact that it doesn't decay. Any sort of decay added to this ring, and it is pretty much worth nothing but the HP buff and 2hps.

Honestly, all rings should be made untradeable until ma made their mind up about decay.

Edit: I forgot about crit damage reduction which is on the defensive ring and not the hp one.

Last edited:
I don't understand why some people need to start price check threads to talk down the price of something someone else is selling.

I don't understand why some people need to start price check threads to talk down the price of something someone else is selling.

Because otherwise people starts trashing the sales thread. I started this one because I saw the deleted posts in there that came right away.

The strength of the cloak is that you get a benefit that's fairly unique in a slot that nothing else equips to. To get the same benefit from a ring you have to forgo equipping some other kind of ring which could pump up your other stats.

imo the greatest value of the cloak is that it has 0 opportunity cost which is not true of the ring.

The ring however offers several other buffs at the same time which make it more useful. If I could have one or the other it would probably be the ring, if I had the cloak already I would pass on the ring.

As for a price its hard to say until we see how often they drop these "unique" level rings into the loot but id say 40-50k is reasonable given the unknowns around it. id be surprised if it sold for more than 80k at the current time

Because otherwise people starts trashing the sales thread. I started this one because I saw the deleted posts in there that came right away.

Those posts get deleted. They don't need an outlet.

Those posts get deleted. They don't need an outlet.

On the contrary, please note the bolded wording in rule 5.5:
5.5 - Trading Thread Abuse
Off-topic posts made in Trading threads are NOT permitted. The only posts permitted in Trading threads are the following:
  • Bids
  • Offers
  • Requests to the thread starter for additional information directly related to item or service offered
  • Requests to the thread starter for additional information regarding the auction/bidding/offer procedure
  • Retraction of a Bid or Offer
  • Threadstarter reply to one of the above

Any posts that do not fit one of the above categories will be deleted without notice. If you wish to discuss the market value of an item or service, please create a thread in one of the following forums: Items, Price Check or General Economy Discussion, as appropriate. Any member found to frequently ignore or abuse this rule risks permanently losing all posting privileges in the Trading section.

Sometimes, where posts in a Trading thread are usefully discussing the relative valuation of an item (ie not just 'it's not worth x'), mods may move the posts into a separate price-check thread.

In this instance, WS had already created this thread.

I didn't say it was against the rules.

Back