Requirments for high settings in combo with HD resolution

Erza

Dominant
Society
Free To Lancer
Eruciva An Rimina
Hello all,

I am running Entropia on a Dell optiplex 960 MT with an old card Geforce 9500 GT with 1920 x 1080 resolution.
On medium settings it is performing very nice but i would like to run it on high settings since there's a lot to be seen from the environments which makes the game play more realistic.
I have tried it on high settings, that's why i know but it is very laggy than.

Also tried it on my sons pc which is a Dell Precision T1600 Xeon E3-1270 with a Geforce GTX 960 card.
This pc here can run every game out there on high or ultra settings but Entropia on high it is still laggy.:confused::scratch2:
So is this issue on MA side or is it on my side.:confused:

Any info on this is welcome.
Cheers

Anyone, is there a good guide here for Entropia on this?

I've seen their guide on the login window but they are talking about high settings with a 1280 x 768 resolution.:scratch2::confused:
Thats not even funny.:laugh:

Here's a copy of it,
High Settings
Internet Connection: ADSL or better

Computer Processor: Intel Core duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2 Series or better
Computer Memory: 2048 MB RAM or more
Graphics Card (with latest drivers): NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Series or better / ATI Radeon 2900 series or better.
DirectX: Version 9.0c or later
Sound Device: Direct X compatible sound device
Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels <<<=== It would be very much not eco doing this to my monitor.lol
Hard Drive Space: 10 GB of free space

Now i do feel old.:laugh:
Cheers

Hey...
I have this Hardware:

CPU: Intel I7 3970x 3.5GHz @ 4.6GHz

Motherboard: Evga 79 Dark

Ram: DDR3 32GB Gskill TridentX 2666 MHz

GFX: 2x Evga Nvidia GTX Titan superclocked @ SLI

PSU: Corsair 1200AX

SSD: 2x Samsung 840 EVO 750GB Raid0

Sound: X-Fi fatalaty Champion soundcard

Sound: Logitech Z906 5.1 (500 Watt)

Case: Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition

Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110

Monitor: Benq XL2720T (27 Zoll) & Nvidia 3D Vision

Keyboard: Mad Catz S.t.r.i.k.e.7

Mouse: Logitech G700s & Mad Catz M.M.O.7

Driving Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS

Flightstick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

And i play on 1920x1080x32, anti Anti-aliasing 16q and settings on very High. Mostly i have 90-135 fps... Hope that helps abit...

Cya Djonator

This is basically crysis 2 with enormous maps with a huge amount of object crammed in. A 2gb gfx card is essential and lot's of ram and 64bit os.

Hey...
I have this Hardware:

CPU: Intel I7 3970x 3.5GHz @ 4.6GHz

Motherboard: Evga 79 Dark

Ram: DDR3 32GB Gskill TridentX 2666 MHz

GFX: 2x Evga Nvidia GTX Titan superclocked @ SLI

PSU: Corsair 1200AX

SSD: 2x Samsung 840 EVO 750GB Raid0

Sound: X-Fi fatalaty Champion soundcard

Sound: Logitech Z906 5.1 (500 Watt)

Case: Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition

Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110

Monitor: Benq XL2720T (27 Zoll) & Nvidia 3D Vision

Keyboard: Mad Catz S.t.r.i.k.e.7

Mouse: Logitech G700s & Mad Catz M.M.O.7

Driving Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS

Flightstick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

And i play on 1920x1080x32, anti Anti-aliasing 16q and settings on very High. Mostly i have 90-135 fps... Hope that helps abit...

Cya Djonator

Hello and thanks for your reply and info on this.:)
Yes, it does help me out a lot.;)
Now i do have an idea of what is needed to get the max out of this game.:wtg:
Even with the crappy card and 2 core Dell i have now it is pretty good so i can hardly wait when i do a upgrade.:yay:

That is awesome fps you got there.:cool::eyecrazy:
Cheers

This is basically crysis 2 with enormous maps with a huge amount of object crammed in. A 2gb gfx card is essential and lot's of ram and 64bit os.

Thanks for your reply and help on this.:)

Windows 7 64bit i have already on all pc's so that's 1 down.:D
Reading both replies i think that the Geforce GTX 960 that my sons have now should work just fine but with the 8GB only would be a issue.
Their pc CPU is the enterprise version off the desktop Core i7-2600 processor which is a very fast one so the second step is done as well.
So it looks like what is needed is more DDR3 memory and that should do the trick.:wtg:

Of course it can be always better but if this can work i'll be more than pleased since most of the right stuff is already installed.:D

Cheers

Isn't Crysis 2 based on Cryengine 3?
I think Crysis (1) was made in CryEngine 2, same engine as EU is utilizing, so it would be more accurate to compare EU to original Crysis.

Reading both replies i think that the Geforce GTX 960 that my sons have now should work just fine but with the 8GB only would be a issue.
Their pc CPU is the enterprise version off the desktop Core i7-2600 processor which is a very fast one so the second step is done as well.
So it looks like what is needed is more DDR3 memory and that should do the trick.:wtg:

IMO 8GB RAM is enough to run EU, so I doubt you would see any improvement unless you run few other memory hogging programs at the same time.

Also GTX 960 should be enough to run on High if not on Very High.

Also consider getting SSD - it's one of best upgrades that can be made in older PC to speed up things considerably.

:)

cpu:
core i3 is enough, more is better

gpu:
750ti is enough, 960gtx is perfect

memory:
more then 8 gb is probably useless

harddrive:
SSD only, much faster loadtimes, samsung850pro is one of the best, BX200 is great value

Isn't Crysis 2 based on Cryengine 3?
I think Crysis (1) was made in CryEngine 2, same engine as EU is utilizing, so it would be more accurate to compare EU to original Crysis.

IMO 8GB RAM is enough to run EU, so I doubt you would see any improvement unless you run few other memory hogging programs at the same time.

Also GTX 960 should be enough to run on High if not on Very High.

Also consider getting SSD - it's one of best upgrades that can be made in older PC to speed up things considerably.

crysis 1 & 2 have cryengine 2, crysis 3 was release with the new cryengine3...

8GB is only the minimum to run eu!!! if u have some other programms running like antivire, skype etc. and u haven´t config the services from win, u have fast lags or fps lose!!!

She says that she wants play in 1920x1080, so i think that she wants play in very high too, or? so the GTX 980 is not enough!

SSD is no upgrad for eu because the maps are on server!!! SSD is only good for playing when u play offline games because everything loads from HDD!!!

8GB is only the minimum to run eu!!! if u have some other programms running like antivire, skype etc. and u haven´t config the services from win, u have fast lags or fps lose!!!
I have 16Gb in my setup, currently EU is running, and a bunch of other programs... 36% of my memory being used atm.

She says that she wants play in 1920x1080, so i think that she wants play in very high too, or? so the GTX 980 is not enough!
I can play in very high, full screen, 55fps with my gtx750ti. The human eye can only see up to 27fps. That's why most games are limited to 30fps.

SSD is no upgrad for eu because the maps are on server!!! SSD is only good for playing when u play offline games because everything loads from HDD!!!
So that is why EU is 12GB+ ? because all is on server?
I think the maps are stored locally, only the communication/mobs are on server. That is why we sometimes see mobs appear, with lag, communication lag, etc. I never had map lag, tree lag, water lag...

just my thoughts thou, it may be different, all rights reserved :p

crysis 1 & 2 have cryengine 2, crysis 3 was release with the new cryengine3...

You are wrong, just checked Crysis 2 as I was not sure and I suggest you check information before posting your "corrections"....

Crysis 2 [...] was the first game to showcase the CryEngine 3 game engine [...]

As for Crysis 1 it was developped using CryEngine 2 - I'm sure and don't need to check....

Crysis 3 I'm not sure and this is irrelevant to this discussion...

Another bs...
Last time I was running EU on PC without dedicated GFX (no separate graphic memory) it was around 3GB IIRC.

Because you state EU needs 8GB at minimum I guess you never actually checked how much memory it uses.

:lolup:
Each statement you make proves that you know nothing in topics that you try to be an 'expert'.
Please go back to read some use case tests of GFX 980 and 960....
Hint: 980 is definitely enough for 1080 and I bet my left nut that 960 is enough for High and maybe for Very High (as stated in my previous post).

Just as Naomi said, what do you think is in entire EU file content?
I assure you that you do not download maps everytime you login or go around EU, onll on VUs....

Summarizing your post... you talk a lot of bullshit and you talk it in matter that can suggest some people, who are unfamiliar with that topics, that you know whgat you talk about.
Therefore you are one of most dangerous animals on forums, spreading wrong information with potential that some people will believe you....

Hello everyone,

First, thanks to all your replies and info on this.:)

After thinking and braining about EU on how to run it the best possible way with less upgrades possible i did the following.:cool:

This part is about the Dell Optiplex 960 MT pc with the Geforce 9500 GT card on where i'm running EU on.

I let Nvidia software makes the choices about how to configure the best settings for EU.
What i've done is add the Entropia.exe file to it, logon and the General Graphic Quality is set now on "Custom"
And all others are set on Medium but i can put Rendem Texture Quality on full and also Terrian Quality.:yay::cool:
The outcome is super amazing for this setup, EU looks just "WOW" so that's a very good improvements with no extra input of cash.:wtg:

Now with the last two on full i get a bit a lagging which is more than normal so what i did is Overclocking the 9500 GT card :cool:
(this is called overclocked but i see it as finally using the full frequency power of the chips on this video card)
The chips on these cards are never build in with using their full potential frequency but from a business point of view i can understand why they are doing this, got to save something for later.lol

After this all above i must say that EU is running very impressive and the game is just awesome because everything around my Char looks detailed and even the mountains and trees in the far back are already loaded which was not the case before.:wtg:

=== ==== =====

This part is about the Dell Precision T1600 Xeon E3-1270 with a Geforce GTX 960 card on where my son is running EU on.

I let Nvidia software makes the choices about how to configure the best settings for EU.
What i've done is add the Entropia.exe file to it, logon and the General Graphic Quality is set now on "High"
And all others are set on HIGH but i can put Rendem Texture Quality on full and also Terrian Quality.:yay::cool::jawdrop:
The outcome is amazing for this setup, EU looks just "AWESOME" so that's a very very very good improvements with no extra input of cash.:wtg:

Both these two pc's have 8GB of DDR3 memory which seems to be enough.:yup:

The Geforce GTX 960 has not been overclocked because it is not necessary. ;)

Compare this one here with the one above the results are on a different level but i can not complain about the 9500 GT card performance

--- --- ---

At Teiwaz Storm,
IMO 8GB RAM is enough to run EU, so I doubt you would see any improvement unless you run few other memory hogging programs at the same time. <===Yep, it does seem to be more than enough and we don't have all kinds of software running in the background except for Avast.;)

Also GTX 960 should be enough to run on High if not on Very High. <=== Correct, we haven't tried Very High since on High it is very nice indeed but i'll try it just to be sure if it can do the job when my son is not playing one of many games he's playing.lol

Also consider getting SSD - it's one of best upgrades that can be made in older PC to speed up things considerably. <=== Yep, that is the way to go i come to believe also.;)

At Naomi,
cpu:
"core i3 is enough, more is better <=== even my Core2duo 3.0Ghz is performing very well.:yay:

gpu:
750ti is enough, 960gtx is perfect <=== even the old 9500 GT is doing pretty well and the GTX 960 is performing just awesome.:cool:

memory:
more then 8 gb is probably useless <=== It sure looks that way and that's good to know.;)

harddrive:
SSD only, much faster loadtimes, samsung850pro is one of the best, BX200 is great value" <=== This is my number one for future upgrades.:D

At Michael Breer,
"She says that she wants play in 1920x1080, so i think that she wants play in very high too, or? so the GTX 980 is not enough!"

Are you referring to me?, i'm no female.lol
My in game char is female, for just in case you may ask why?
In rl i do not look at mens behind so i'm not going to start doing so in game either since i do not play in the first person style.lol
And no, my char isn't one that looks overclocked at the breast and butt but i've seen plenty at Icarus running around like that.lol

My avatar pic is Erza Scarlet of Fairy Tail, i watch way to many anime series.lol
Still in touch with the child inside of me and believe me when i say that's a good thing to have at this age.;)

Have fun, Cheers

Last edited:
cryengine is mainly gpu stressed.. any core2duo or better will do. It's all about gfx memory and gfx performance.

yes on an 8 year old core2duo you have a bottleneck, but it's better to get your money on gfx, than on cpu performance...

You'd be better off with a 3ghz Core 2 Duo than a slower quad with Crysis. ( and invest the surplus of money on a decent gfx card)

Even on Crysis 3.. a single core high ghz processor (70 dollars) can provide 40 fps vs 55-60 fps on a core i-7 system with the same gfx card (gtx 760)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRosY16FSnc

cryengine is mainly gpu stressed.. any core2duo or better will do. It's all about gfx memory and gfx performance.

yes on an 8 year old core2duo you have a bottleneck, but it's better to get your money on gfx, than on cpu performance...

You'd be better off with a 3ghz Core 2 Duo than a slower quad with Crysis. ( and invest the surplus of money on a decent gfx card)

Even on Crysis 3.. a single core high ghz processor (70 dollars) can provide 40 fps vs 55-60 fps on a core i-7 system with the same gfx card (gtx 760)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRosY16FSnc

Thanks for the info on how to go about it.:)
That is a nice cheap processor and i've seen the video you provided and that says a lot about it.
Well, after seeing how the Geforce GTX 960 is performing on my sons gaming pc's i'll take one of those to when i decide to do the upgrade.;)
But the upgrade will have to wait since it's summer time here and that always cost a lot of money.lol
Played today and i'm still very impressed how the old 9500 GT is performing.:wtg:
Cheers

Well, after seeing how the Geforce GTX 960 is performing on my sons gaming pc's i'll take one of those to when i decide to do the upgrade.;)
But the upgrade will have to wait since it's summer time here and that always cost a lot of money.lol
Played today and i'm still very impressed how the old 9500 GT is performing.:wtg:
Cheers

Wait few weeks as nVidia announced GTX 950 (and presumably 950Ti).
I'm interested how those will perform but probably 950Ti would be around 960 performance at lower price.

also AMD recently released Fury and loads people think nvVdia will cut prices in response, however we need to wait and see if not only top end GPUs will get prices cut.

I'm interested how those will perform but probably 950Ti would be around 960 performance at lower price.

also AMD recently released Fury and loads people think nvVdia will cut prices in response, however we need to wait and see if not only top end GPUs will get prices cut.

probably also lower power requirements ;)
I currently have the 750ti, I believe its power requirement is only 65 watts or so, and it works great for eu. Yesterday at the longtooth spawn I had constantly over 40fps at high. (windowed)

Are you running 32 or 64 bit client? For me I noticed a significant boost in both framerate and crash stability when switching to the 64 bit client. :)

If we can get nice cards at lower prices i'm all for it.;)
I've just been checking the benchmark site on the GTX 960 compare to others and it is for now on top of my list and also pretty efficient energy wise.:wtg:
Cheers

probably also lower power requirements ;)
I currently have the 750ti, I believe its power requirement is only 65 watts or so, and it works great for eu. Yesterday at the longtooth spawn I had constantly over 40fps at high. (windowed)

Average of 65 watts is very nice and the 960 is around 120 watts and also very quite because i really need to focus to hear it running while it is running on my sons pc's.
I've seen lesser cards that use around and more than 200 watts and that's something to take in consideration too.;)
We want speed but at low fuel consumption.:yup:
Especially at my house since there are a minimum of 2 pc's(almost 24/7) running or 4 at max, don't want to bleed to death when the energy bill comes at the end of the month.lol
Cheers

Are you running 32 or 64 bit client? For me I noticed a significant boost in both framerate and crash stability when switching to the 64 bit client. :)

Running on the 64 and yes, it does makes a difference in performance.;)
Cheers

Update on my 9500 GT card,

I have Rendem Texture Quality on full and also Terrian Quality but in the cities i should lower the first one to like 25% because it does gives some issues but since i like quality i'll leave it 100%.
Outside hunting/mining/flying or whatever i see no issues except for once every now and than a tiny glitch.lol

But like i said before, for the 9500 GT card the performance is pretty good.:yup:
Cheers

Tiny upgrade

Just a tiny update on a tiny upgrade.;)

Before,
I am running Entropia on a Dell optiplex 960 MT with an old card Geforce 9500 GT with 1920 x 1080 resolution.

Upgrade,
I am running Entropia on a Dell optiplex 960 MT with an new card Geforce GTX 750 with 1920 x 1080 resolution.

First i had around 20 fps while hunting and around 10 in the cities, pretty low & slow but old eyes are slow.lol
Now i have around 60 fps while hunting and around 40 in the cites, pretty good improvement here with this card.

In the cities it is not always 40 fps, most of the times it is around the same as hunting which is pretty nice.:eyecrazy::cool:
While hunting it is for like 50% around 70 fps to 80 fps which is absolutely perfect.:jawdrop::cool:

All setting are still on medium like before and Rendem Texture Quality and Terrian Quality are on 100% and these last two makes a big difference.;)

The gaming experience is now just awesome.:yup:

Cheers

All setting are still on medium like before and Rendem Texture Quality and Terrian Quality are on 100% and these last two makes a big difference.;)

Nice one.

Can you try Very High and post results?

Also, in my experience Shading Quality have biggest impact on my fps.
So probably you could easily run V. High with lower Shading.

Nice one.

Can you try Very High and post results?

Also, in my experience Shading Quality have biggest impact on my fps.
So probably you could easily run V. High with lower Shading.

No problem, will try High & Very High with low shading and post results.:)
Very high seems a bit to much though but we won't know until we tried it.;)
Cheers

if you can run at medium try change only shading quality to high it quake3 vs crysis

all at medium and shading quality to high

Here the testing i did,

On High settings(everything) with Rendem Texture Quality and Terrian Quality on 100%.;)
Between 30 to 50 fps, only when i use the T it needs to load a bit longer and this is also when going in those stations pods/shopping mall.

On Very High settings(everything) with Rendem Texture Quality and Terrian Quality on 100%;)
Between 20 to 35 fps, only when i use the T it needs to load a bit longer and this is also when going in those stations pods/shopping mall.

If i reduce the shadow and shading it does help with getting the fps higher.:yup:
If i reduce the draw distance it also does help with getting the fps higher.:yup:

It runs pretty good on Very High and with draw distance on medium and shadow and shading on medium.:cool:
Lowering the Rendem Texture Quality and Terrian Quality also makes a big difference inf fps boosting.;)
So there seems to be plenty of choices to choose from so it all depends on personal taste.;)

Personally i like to have the draw distance lower and all others High or Very High but for this card and my personal taste High seems to be the best choice.:cool::yay:
Still need to play around with more to get the max out of it.

Cheers

Best possible setting for nw

Hi all,

The best possible settings i can use now is the following,:D
My gaming rig is still, Dell optiplex 960 MT 8GB memory Windos 7 64bit with Geforce GTX 750 with 1920 x 1080 resolution.:)

Everything on High.
Rendem Texture Quality and Terrian Quality on 100%
Draw distance is also High.
And i also have Anti-Aliasing on 2x.

Higher than 2x Anti-Aliasing is way to much, screen freezes a lot and the music sounds like a dying robot.lol:tongue2:
The fps is now the same as in Very High between 20 and 35 fps but with even better quality as before with High settings.:wtg:

Important note,
Make sure your pc settings are on performance, mine was on efficiency first but not anymore that is why i can push it a little bit more.:cool:
The Anti-Aliasing makes a very big difference, makes everything looks very smooth.

I did some hunting with the above settings and it works pretty nice, just some tiny lag in some locations like cities and in some hunting spots to but nothing serious while hunting which is the important part.;)

Cheers

I promise you if you turn off shadows completely you will see a major improvement. Everytime you move the shadowing bottle necks FPS unless you have a 2nd graffics card specific to taxing. These are just my observation from years of gaming.

BTW the shadowing issue builds up over the life of a gaming session. So just switching it off and on without a duration of constant movement will not accurately represent the actual decrease of FPS over a period of time.

I promise you if you turn off shadows completely you will see a major improvement. Everytime you move the shadowing bottle necks FPS unless you have a 2nd graffics card specific to taxing. These are just my observation from years of gaming.

BTW the shadowing issue builds up over the life of a gaming session. So just switching it off and on without a duration of constant movement will not accurately represent the actual decrease of FPS over a period of time.

Thanks for your extra info on this.:)
Oke got it, gonna switch it off completely and play for some hours and see how it goes.;)
Will let you know how it goes.;)
Cheers

Test done with shadows on low.;)
Yes, you are right as my fps is around 60 with this settings.:D
But without shadows EU game feels not so 3D as it should, like it is lacking the game depth that makes it more realistic.:(
I'm all for as realistic as possible.:yup:

And after playing around with it more game settings stands now on High, except for draw distance and shadows.
Draw distance is on medium and so is shadows and this is because i have Anti Aliasing on 4x now.:cool:
This last option makes everyting one can see smoothly, very smooth lines indeed and i do like to see smooth things.:yup::wtg:
And Rendem Texture Quality and Terrian Quality are still on 100%

But this is my personal taste and it's a good thing there's a lot of option so everyone can set it as one wishes.:yup:
Cheers
Edit, and yes it does need a bit more time to load at the T and SM but it is worth it.

Last edited:
Back