$20000 Deposited and now LOCKED for over a month

karelmib

Alpha
Society
Good Fellas
Karlos Gringo Gringos
Hi Guys,
So here is some info for possible future players to be careful. I know my doings are not 100% according to EULA, but similar transactions were done 100 times before, either by me or other players ingame without a problem. What happened to me:
I asked a friend if he could buy 100 AUD with Paypal since I did not have any dollars on Paypal at the time and did not want to exchange currencies using paypal etc. After he bought them, he came to my house we traded (same IP) and I gave him czech crows (currency in CR). This way I save some on the exchange rate. (I can provide any documents regarding my friend, or mine to confirm that this is not an alt avatar doing shady things)
What happened next was unexpected. Paypal took back the money for the 100 AUD and till this day we do not understand why this happened. We have done this numerous times in the past and MA can see this in their LOGS. My friend has already returned the czech crowns that I gave him.
The problem is, no one is communicating, and all I've been told is to wait. I have waited for OVER a month now and I still do not have any information. Since I want to get back in the game as soon as possible I proposed to MA any of the following, as I am a long time player, and I do not want to lose my account.
- Either take away the AUDs I have bought
- Take peds from the ingame account
- Pay the money for the AUD by Credit Card
I had no intention of this happening, and want to be sure that this gets resolved so I can get back into game and play because I am losing my mind. Mindark doesnt understand what it is for me to just wait. I've been playing for 8 years now, and its very hard to just wait and have no information at all of what is going on.
This thread is just a little warning to all possible players, that you can do somethin 10 times without a problem but on the 11th it can go wrong. And also it does not matter how much you deposit, the waiting time to resolve problems will be the same.
Karlos Gringo Gringos

GL Karlos.
MA isnt having very good support, or they simply do not care (look at Dmatrix thread f.e.).

This is verry strange :scratch2: someone using ICQ in 2015 .
Other than that no worries just wait :wise:

Supportcase ID: 301057

I feel your pain...
Got scammed 83k ped worth of stuff... In the beginning support was very fast in replying and asking for additional info/screenshots/logs, which i provided. After that no reply/updates tills date...

Its been almost 3 months now...

Hmm... Are you 100% sure that your friend used a legit credit card or had legit money in his PayPal account? I mean 100% and not 99%... There usually is a reason for things like this that's why I'm asking.

Hmm... Are you 100% sure that your friend used a legit credit card or had legit money in his PayPal account? I mean 100% and not 99%... There usually is a reason for things like this that's why I'm asking.

The reason is most likely that it looks an awful lot like money laundering.

Please note: I am not saying it is, just saying this would be a potential way to do so.

The reason is most likely that it looks an awful lot like money laundering.

Please note: I am not saying it is, just saying this would be a potential way to do so.

Yeah but it's not forbidden to do such things. If you share gear with your friends in game it would look a lot like money laundering aswell but ppl don't get locked for this (high end gear is worth way more than those AUD..).

Crap situation, on your place i would spam MA for solving and drag public atention to this on their FB. They have financial problems so 20 000k$ may be worth shot for them. Eventual lawsuits from your side to get it back will be counted in years, so not something they can be worried of atm.

Yeah but it's not forbidden to do such things. If you share gear with your friends in game it would look a lot like money laundering aswell but ppl don't get locked for this (high end gear is worth way more than those AUD..).

Yes indeed.

But there is a difference between depositing and instantly trading it away, and borrowing gear inside game, unless the collateral was deposited right before the trade. That might be the reason why MA got it on the radar.

I am not certain, but believe that MA are regulated by law to monitor such things.

Crap situation, on your place i would spam MA for solving and drag public atention to this on their FB. They have financial problems so 20 000k$ may be worth shot for them. Eventual lawsuits from your side to get it back will be counted in years, so not something they can be worried of atm.

Karlos never stated that he has intention of sueing MA. He just wants get back ingame and enjoy the game :) Why would he risk his avatar after 8 years of playing and depositing? ...

Does it make sense risking 20 000 euros for 500 euro?

Last edited:

Did Marco screw your wife?

Your mate does a chargeback, lies to you about it, and you blame MA.

Not saying this happened but it's a possibility, along with a number of other possibilities all of which MA need to be careful about.

After reading many of these 'MA locked me' complaints, it usually turns out that MA did the right thing. I guess you'll just have to wait for the cogs to turn in support.

Your mate does a chargeback, lies to you about it, and you blame MA.

Not saying this happened but it's a possibility, along with a number of other possibilities all of which MA need to be careful about.

After reading many of these 'MA locked me' complaints, it usually turns out that MA did the right thing. I guess you'll just have to wait for the cogs to turn in support.

I dont see Karlos blaming MA, but I understand what you are saying. It would be kinda wierd if that friend did it for him numerous amounts of times before, to suddenly do a chargeback...
I think what Karlos wants is information, and a timeframe of when its expected to be resolved.

I talked to Karlos about this, and he is OK with the lock, he respects MA regarding the fast reaction and safety of the accounts. He waited more than a month(5-6 weeks I think) and is frustrated that no info is given to him.

If it was done at same location / Same IP. This could be just temporary untill they verify that your not using an ALT avatar like many do to exploit some aspects of the game. Im sure if this is the reason it wont take them long and youll be restored.

What a LOAD OF BS.
X pays Y
Y umpteenth years as a player using same DNS .
Y sold ava X but neither X or Y knew of DNS leaks.
Detected.
Suck shit.

If Paypal took back the money, MA has to clarify the issue with paypal.
That could take some time too.

Its a sad story, such things happen.

Well thats why I do deposits myself, thats why I do webshop purchase myself.

No trouble using my own CC/bank account !

Karlos never stated that he has intention of sueing MA. He just wants get back ingame and enjoy the game :) Why would he risk his avatar after 8 years of playing and depositing? ...

Does it make sense risking 20 000 euros for 500 euro?

I mean MA risking "only" lawsuit for a chance of "easy" 20k $ here, under some BS reason. I belive Karlos is honest here and indeed risking 20k $ for few AUD's would be illogical at least. MA just found hole in a whole ,and exploiting it.

btw your friend use his paypall to buy to your avatar or to his avatar :scratch2:

I mean MA risking "only" lawsuit for a chance of "easy" 20k $ here, under some BS reason. I belive Karlos is honest here and indeed risking 20k $ for few AUD's would be illogical at least. MA just found hole in a whole ,and exploiting it.

Tell me you are trolling please. Not even you believe that.

Something raised a flag with either PayPal, MA or both. You should try calling them... both to try and get an answer.
Also, if I were you I would try justifying anything with "it happened 100s of times before"; people cheat and steal daily... it doesn't make it OK for you to do so as well. I'm not saying you cheated or stole anything, I'm just saying that the reason to do something against the EULA was not OK. Your scenario is very plausible, but I would've told my friend to do it from his home.

I dont know why Paypal stopped the payment of my friend. My friend told me he is finished with Paypal and gave me my money back. I have 8 years of history and people know me. In the beginning I deposited 20-30K USD (I dont know exactly). I live in lootable PVP and I own a lot of CLDs and AUDs. Lot of people know me and I play every day. I bought AUDs and CLDs from Czech players with czech crowns, this was not the first transaction of this kind. Everyone that knows me knows I am reliable. I am not happy with the way MA are treating this, because the only information that I have is from 1 month ago that they started investigation with Paypal. MA must understand that this is not Warcraft but a Virtual Investment Account.

"PayPal prohibits the following activities, even where the specific activity is lawful and/or is not legally defined as gambling, unless the transactions are associated with an approved merchant.
Games of chance and games of skill –Includes any activity with an entry fee and a prize, regardless of whether the outcome is determined by chance or skill."

Source: paypal website.

I dont know why Paypal stopped the payment of my friend. My friend told me he is finished with Paypal and gave me my money back. I have 8 years of history and people know me. In the beginning I deposited 20-30K USD (I dont know exactly). I live in lootable PVP and I own a lot of CLDs and AUDs. Lot of people know me and I play every day. I bought AUDs and CLDs from Czech players with czech crowns, this was not the first transaction of this kind. Everyone that knows me knows I am reliable. I am not happy with the way MA are treating this, because the only information that I have is from 1 month ago that they started investigation with Paypal. MA must understand that this is not Warcraft but a Virtual Investment Account.

Obvious, somewhere in the mix of conversion in currency you have your answer. Don't ask this forum to compile a possibility list, sort your own shit out!

I am not sure as to why paypal would have retracted the payment. First paypal would have been from person to person MA would not have been involved at all, so relating a personal trade of two people in RL and channeling through MA is hard to believe. You should be able to send cash from one to another no matter what it is a personal transaction between two people.

Now your account getting locked could be them checking for alts as you traded with another at same IP. Still weird as husband and wife and other family members can all play from same IP, or close friends, you should be able to trade between each other openly. There is no rule saying you can't, it may cause an inquiry but should not have locked an account for month+.

And MA telling PayPal to stop a personal transaction between two people and PayPal just doing it without contacting the two involved with personal transaction is hard to believe story also. MA can't control how we personally trade our money in real life, even if they think the trade was for in-game it is just speculation not proof it was, without the two private parties openly consenting the personal transaction was so.

There has to be something hidden in this tale that is not being told.

I am not sure as to why paypal would have retracted the payment. First paypal would have been from person to person MA would not have been involved at all, so relating a personal trade of two people in RL and channeling through MA is hard to believe. You should be able to send cash from one to another no matter what it is a personal transaction between two people.

Now your account getting locked could be them checking for alts as you traded with another at same IP. Still weird as husband and wife and other family members can all play from same IP, or close friends, you should be able to trade between each other openly. There is no rule saying you can't, it may cause an inquiry but should not have locked an account for month+.

And MA telling PayPal to stop a personal transaction between two people and PayPal just doing it without contacting the two involved with personal transaction is hard to believe story also. MA can't control how we personally trade our money in real life, even if they think the trade was for in-game it is just speculation not proof it was, without the two private parties openly consenting the personal transaction was so.

I think you misread - his friend bought AUDs through webshop with paypal (MA accepts paypal for webshop) than gave AUDs to OP ingame and OP gave RL money to his friend in person. There is no way MA started investigating something, I call BS on that.

The most logical response seems to be that its one of the paypal fuckups. Paypal did a cashback - MA never received the money, so they blocked the EU account.

To OP - its only worth contacting MA if you are saying to them - hey, take those AUDs from my account and nothing has happened.

BUT here is a big question I didn't see (at least, I didn't noticed it, maybe I missed it) - did your friend get the money back and what info does he see in his paypal account, what happened to the transaction.

I think you misread - his friend bought AUDs through webshop with paypal (MA accepts paypal for webshop) than gave AUDs to OP ingame and OP gave RL money to his friend in person. There is no way MA started investigating something, I call BS on that.

The most logical response seems to be that its one of the paypal fuckups. Paypal did a cashback - MA never received the money, so they blocked the EU account.

To OP - its only worth contacting MA if you are saying to them - hey, take those AUDs from my account and nothing has happened.

BUT here is a big question I didn't see (at least, I didn't noticed it, maybe I missed it) - did your friend get the money back and what info does he see in his paypal account, what happened to the transaction.

Ah ok ya I misunderstood.

It was not a transaction between them two on paypal. His friend bought AUD with his dollars throufh paypal, traded them to Karlos and Karlos gave him czech crowns. After 5-6 days paypal withdrew this transaction and Karlos was locked.

The interesting thing is that his friends avatar, that bought those AUD with paypal and is the core of the problem did not get locked. Only Karlos.

(Why I know this is cause I am trying to help out Karlos with english so he explained the situation to me).
Im 100% sure he did nothing different then before but im not 100% sure about his friend eventough they've traded a lot of times this way.

Still takes a lot of time to at least get information from MA. Karlos has no problem to cooperate in any way MA needs but they are not communicating.

@FUTURAMA: His friend does not have the money. And as far as I know he cant get to the funds at the moment.

Last edited:
Paypal dont just withdraw money. It was an alt and dubious paypal account used for charge-backs after items were already traded to your account. That how it seems.

I've seen charge-back scams and account bans in so many games its unreal. Some remove paypal for this very reason.

Paypal dont just withdraw money. It was an alt and dubious paypal account used for charge-backs after items were already traded to your account. That how it seems.

I've seen charge-back scams and account bans in so many games its unreal. Some remove paypal for this very reason.

It seems like it at first glance but they(Karlos and his friend) have traded like this numerous times before without a problem. His friend has a shop so he uses mostly dollars and that is good for Karlos because he does not need to exchange currency when he deals this way. This was not the first 100 auds that Karlos bought like this.

Back