$20000 Deposited and now LOCKED for over a month

The interesting thing is that his friends avatar, that bought those AUD with paypal and is the core of the problem did not get locked. Only Karlos.

Probably because Karlos was the receiver of the AUDs, the one that would benefit if it was a hacker transferring AUDs from a hacked account to an other.

If it was done at same location / Same IP. This could be just temporary untill they verify that your not using an ALT avatar like many do to exploit some aspects of the game. Im sure if this is the reason it wont take them long and youll be restored.

That seems kind of silly. Me and my wife both play from the same IP and she has never deposited, I always do the deposits and give her 1/2.

Probably because Karlos was the receiver of the AUDs, the one that would benefit if it was a hacker transferring AUDs from a hacked account to an other.

Wouldnt it be logical to lock the avatar also? What if the money from paypal would be from a stolen CC, could the avatar continue buying loads of AUDs and other items? :) Wouldnt that cause more mess?

Would they really only lock the one that could gain, or isnt it a good idea to also lock the cause? :) That is weird for me...

That seems kind of silly. Me and my wife both play from the same IP and she has never deposited, I always do the deposits and give her 1/2.

It's not impossible MA have a system to see if it's normal for two avatars to share the same IP. If two avatars share the same IP, but both avatars plays on regular intervals doing normal hunting, mining or other normal play-time stuff they probably don't "flag" it because a hacker probably would not spend a lot of time on playing with a hacked account doing "normal gaming". But if if you are transferring assets between two avatars using the same IP and they normally don't share the same IP it could raise a warning-flag.

Wouldnt it be logical to lock the avatar also? What if the money from paypal would be from a stolen CC, could the avatar continue buying loads of AUDs and other items? :) Wouldnt that cause more mess?

Would they really only lock the one that could gain, or isnt it a good idea to also lock the cause? :) That is weird for me...

Yeah the should lock both I guess, but they probably tracked the AUDs

Clearly more to this story as there almost always is...

Withdrawal is supposed to take ~10 weeks, 2.5 months, or 40-60 working days. I made the request in nov 2014, support case in Feb 2015, and finally had to outright demand it in May 2015. Their reply was that it was sent in Jan but didn't go through.

lol why buy AuD from item store? when they are cheeper from other players for ped

lol why buy AuD from item store? when they are cheeper from other players for ped

Depositing would create fees and doing the transaction this way saves the fees and exchange rate which saves more.

It seems like it at first glance but they(Karlos and his friend) have traded like this numerous times before without a problem. His friend has a shop so he uses mostly dollars and that is good for Karlos because he does not need to exchange currency when he deals this way. This was not the first 100 auds that Karlos bought like this.

By saying "His friend has a shop", does this mean that his friend has an online website/shop that he sells stuff from and receives funds via paypal in dollars?

Does his friend maintain enough cash in the paypal account or is it always close to zero?

Would it be possible that he sold something to a customer, used those funds to purchase the AUDs and then the customer did a chargeback to retrieve those funds thereby invalidate the funds used to buy the AUDs and thus paypal did a chargeback to MA as a result?

And because MA didn't receive those funds, the AUDs bought would thus be labelled as "in limbo" (money for it not received, yet AUDs were already created) and anyone who's holding the AUDs gets their account locked (to prevent further collateral damage).

:scratch2:

Just a hypothesis of course.

Last edited:
By saying "His friend has a shop", does this mean that his friend has an online website/shop that he sells stuff from and receives funds via paypal in dollars?

Does his friend maintain enough cash in the paypal account or is it always close to zero?

Would it be possible that he sold something to a customer, used those funds to purchase the AUDs and then the customer did a chargeback to retrieve those funds thereby invalidate the funds used to buy the AUDs and thus paypal did a chargeback to MA as a result?

And because MA didn't receive those funds, the AUDs bought would thus be labelled as "in limbo" (money for it not received, yet AUDs were already created) and anyone who's holding the AUDs gets their account locked (to prevent further collateral damage).

:scratch2:

Just a hypothesis of course.

What you are describing is exactly what I think happened. It just needs to get confirmed. Still, its taking a LOOOONG time to sort out :)

Strange is:
20-5-2015 My friend bought AUDs
21-5-2015 He sold it to me.
26-5-2015 MA locked my account
4-6-2015 Last message from MA support.

No questions! Only...."PayPal has started an investigation regarding a possible fraudulent transaction."

And i am waiting 6 weeks...imagine 6 weeks!!!... i was playing everyday last 8 years and now 6 weeks without EU.

This is the bit I don't get either. Surely both should be locked or certainly the one who did the original transaction :confused:

Strange is:
20-5-2015 My friend bought AUDs
21-5-2015 He sold it to me.
26-5-2015 MA locked my account
4-6-2015 Last message from MA support.

No questions! Only...."PayPal has started an investigation regarding a possible fraudulent transaction."

And i am waiting 6 weeks...imagine 6 weeks!!!... i was playing everyday last 8 years and now 6 weeks without EU.

That's whay paypal says when they have received a charge back or have flagged it as a stolen card. Sounds to me like you need to kick your friend in the nuts. Again I think there is more to this story because your friend and you should have been locked.

Yes, but what i can do now?
My account is locked and I have no access to my friends Paypal account. So I offered to pay in another way, whether through credit card or PED card but MA does not respond. Yes it is an awkward situation but why MA does not communicate when I invested so much money and still I had no problem in last 8 years.
I already have 1xxx+ AUDs and many CLDs and i want buy more.
I still dont understand why i am locked for 6 weeks now.

Karlos

Yeah I would be chasing paypal about why the transaction was cancelled. To pin all this on MA at this stage is actually pretty unfair

Just to inform everyone. Karlos has been UNLOCKED and is back in the game. Took 7 weeks, but finally its resolved.

Good to know, thanks for letting us know (way too many ppl leave us curious all the time :D).

Back