1000 trees: The break down.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I thought I would keep track of each tree type and get an idea of the percentage of each.

Actually it was 1018 trees to be exact.

Small - 779 trees: 77 %

Medium- 220 trees: 22%

Huge- 19 trees: 1.8 %

I know the total is off because of rounding but you get the picture.

I noticed a couple of things:

1. There seems to be a time limit, along with the tree's board limit.

2. When I first started I didn't get any fails and I thought this is great, but the higher my level got the more the fails, which also causes less boards from a tree. Most I have got from a small is 8 boards but if I fail 3 times I only get 5 boards. Although it seems if you get just sawdust it doesn't seem to affect the board count.

Then difference between a small lost and a small profit (using PH-1 and harvesting small and medium trees) has a lot to do with the number of fails and whether you get a few good hits, like 30-50 boards or a nice sawdust hit like 1K or more. I have a couple but one guys posted a pic of 10.7K.

I must say that I really like the harvesting as it breaks up monotony of hunting all the time:)

I thought I would keep track of each tree type and get an idea of the percentage of each.

Actually it was 1018 trees to be exact.

Small - 779 trees: 77 %

Medium- 220 trees: 22%

Huge- 19 trees: 1.8 %

I know the total is off because of rounding but you get the picture.

I noticed a couple of things:

1. There seems to be a time limit, along with the tree's board limit.

2. When I first started I didn't get any fails and I thought this is great, but the higher my level got the more the fails, which also causes less boards from a tree. Most I have got from a small is 8 boards but if I fail 3 times I only get 5 boards. Although it seems if you get just sawdust it doesn't seem to affect the board count.

Then difference between a small lost and a small profit (using PH-1 and harvesting small and medium trees) has a lot to do with the number of fails and whether you get a few good hits, like 30-50 boards or a nice sawdust hit like 1K or more. I have a couple but one guys posted a pic of 10.7K.

I must say that I really like the harvesting as it breaks up monotony of hunting all the time:)

Yes I found it kind of fun. Kind of since I found that's all I've been doing the last few weeks. Been meaning to go over to Caly from Ark to see what the difference is between planets. Have you been to Arkadia to test the trees out here yet?

Yes I found it kind of fun. Kind of since I found that's all I've been doing the last few weeks. Been meaning to go over to Caly from Ark to see what the difference is between planets. Have you been to Arkadia to test the trees out here yet?

I have not, are they any good there ? I would think that they are the same type of boards as caly, however getting them home because of pirates worries me a little.

I have not, are they any good there ? I would think that they are the same type of boards as caly, however getting them home because of pirates worries me a little.

As of now they seem to be the same on all planets which I'm hoping MA will work with PP and bring out more types to make the homes unique -- and yes use the wood types we already have in loot as well :)

How and where do you find them? Have been running around a bit and not found any. Are the all over the planet or limited to some few areas?

There is different quantities of trees at different areas. But after you will found these areas - you can return there for regular farming!

There is different quantities of trees at different areas. But after you will found these areas - you can return there for regular farming!

Although farming is possible (I do it), it does not increase the % of huge trees spawned :D

Have been running around a bit in different areas and not found one single tree, It must be a hard and boring occupation to be a woodcutter. :silly2:

Have been running around a bit in different areas and not found one single tree, It must be a hard and boring occupation to be a woodcutter. :silly2:

try out limnadian north from tp, the red trees. Equipe the cutter and run between this trees, and may you see a yellow dot at some trees, then aim the cutter to there and extract.

1000 trees! Gz m8, i managed to cut around 50 lol.

Back