Sponsor Pay for webshop

Status

GoNi

Slayer
Society
freelancer
Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
I just have read MA anual report 2015, and it does not look as healthy as it should!

MA needs more income! Enforcing deposits could be one way to achieve that (Boxes at webshop).

Those who buy the boxes are very likely the same people that would have deposited anyways. This is just a differnt form of depositing!

What MA could do to get more money, is offering sponsor pay service (as many other game develoers already do), to give non-depositors an option to earn PED, they actually don´t have to deposit out of their own pockets.

My idea is that with sponsor pay, non-depositors can gain webshop points, which then could be used to buy packages from webshop.

That way MA can make money from all those people that don´t/can´t deposit on regular base.

What percentage of sponsor pay income is handed over to the players using sponsor pay and how much is kept by MA, is up to MA. Even a 50:50 distrubutuion would be fine. As we know MA is as greedy as we players are, a 60:40 (MA:player) distribution would be acceptable aswell :)

Personally I would like to have that option, beside my normal deposits, as I play on limited budget aswell.

So please MA get in contact with sponsor pay and make a deal with them.

I just have read MA anual report 2015, and it does not look as healthy as it should!

MA needs more income! Enforcing deposits could be one way to achieve that (Boxes at webshop).

Those who buy the boxes are very likely the same people that would have deposited anyways. This is just a differnt form of depositing!

What MA could do to get more money, is offering sponsor pay service (as many other game develoers already do), to give non-depositors an option to earn PED, they actually don´t have to deposit out of their own pockets.

My idea is that with sponsor pay, non-depositors can gain webshop points, which then could be used to buy packages from webshop.

That way MA can make money from all those people that don´t/can´t deposit on regular base.

What percentage of sponsor pay income is handed over to the players using sponsor pay and how much is kept by MA, is up to MA. Even a 50:50 distrubutuion would be fine. As we know MA is as greedy as we players are, a 60:40 (MA:player) distribution would be acceptable aswell :)

Personally I would like to have that option, beside my normal deposits, as I play on limited budget aswell.

So please MA get in contact with sponsor pay and make a deal with them.

So you want MA to find sponsor to give money to non-depositors?
Where is a logic in that?

Maybe find sponsors to fund some gifts for depositors instead?
That way MA would truly benefit, instead freeloaders even more (it's quite easy to start nowadays without any deposit).

That way MA would truly benefit, instead freeloaders even more (it's quite easy to start nowadays without any deposit).

The logic is that using sponsor pay will open up the game to a much larger audience, huge in fact. I've worked with lots of these offer providers and the shear amount of money they can pull in from so called 'freeloaders' is astonishing.

The problem with these sort of offer providers however is the large amount of fraud that occurs. People literally make a living ripping them off and it can be hard to catch. Also the offer provider would pin the bill from all the fraud right on MA with little to no documentation (they did it to us all the time.)

What would be a better idea IMO is if MA was to create a 100, 250 and 500 ped epins (gift codes) that they can sell to websites for resale and let them deal with the fraud rather than having to assemble a whole new team just to deal with the implementation of an offer wall.

MA doesn't want more players really, seems like it never did.

They must concentrate on getting more regular players, not getting more money from the players the already have.

Dont we have this kind of stuff ? I never used it but can't you get peds if you buy stuff on itunes or some other crap from a "sponsor" on the EU webpage ?

You obviously have no clue what sponsor pay is, and how it works.

Mainly it would make money for MA, from people MA actually doesn´t get any money from.

How sponsor pay worls:

Player clicks at Sponsor Pay link at webshop, where different tasks are offered.
Often its just clicking a advertisement vid.
For every task done through the webshop link, sponsor pay would pay some money to MA.
MA could give some of that money (maybe 50%) to the player who did that task, in form of webshop points that could be used to buy packages at the webshop.

This works fine for other gameproviders, why not for MA ?

The logic is that using sponsor pay will open up the game to a much larger audience, huge in fact. I've worked with lots of these offer providers and the shear amount of money they can pull in from so called 'freeloaders' is astonishing.

The problem with these sort of offer providers however is the large amount of fraud that occurs. People literally make a living ripping them off and it can be hard to catch. Also the offer provider would pin the bill from all the fraud right on MA with little to no documentation (they did it to us all the time.)

What would be a better idea IMO is if MA was to create a 100, 250 and 500 ped epins (gift codes) that they can sell to websites for resale and let them deal with the fraud rather than having to assemble a whole new team just to deal with the implementation of an offer wall.

I don´t know about the fraud things!

How could clicking on an advert, for what MA could get 0.01 Euro / click, be subject to fraud.
Sure some will use bots to do that clicks, and make more out of it than others clicking this adverts manually.

If there is really a huge problem with sponsor pay, why nearly all browsergame providers use their service ?

I have used sponsor pay at other games, and it was always fine. Watching some vids and get some premium cash for the game, while it helps the game provider due to additional income.

MA doesn't want more players really, seems like it never did.

Its not about getting more players at first hand.
The idea is to get some money for advertising tasks, done players who (already here) don´t deposit.

They must concentrate on getting more regular players, not getting more money from the players the already have.

Offering an option to gain money from clicking some adverts very likely will improve retention rate of players that are not in the position to deposit regularly.
Result more active players.

Sponsor pay is very unlikely to be used by these players than can afford and do regular deposits in the 100+ $ range every week :D
Its meant as an option for the hundrets of sweaters, that waste their time to get 0.17$ / 2h sweating.

Mainly it would make money for MA, from people MA actually doesn´t get any money from.

How sponsor pay worls:

Player clicks at Sponsor Pay link at webshop, where different tasks are offered.
For every task done through the webshop link, sponsor pay would pay some money to MA.
MA could give some of that money (maybe 50%) to the player who did that task, in form of webshop points that could be used to buy packages at the webshop.

How could clicking on an advert, for what MA could get 0.01 Euro / click, be subject to fraud.
Sure some will use bots to do that clicks, and make more out of it than others clicking this adverts manually.

If there is really a huge problem with sponsor pay, why nearly all browsergame providers use their service ?

I have used sponsor pay at other games, and it was always fine. Watching some vids and get some premium cash for the game, while it helps the game provider due to additional income.

Why would MA want to waste their time to find and manage such 'sponsors' (as you call them) ?

There is already plenty pseudo-businesses offering you money per clicking ads or watching some videos.
If I'm not mistaken there are few that even offer PED as one of their available currencies.

So I repeat my question again: where is a logic in MA becoming middleman in all this?

Sponsor pay is very unlikely to be used by these players than can afford and do regular deposits in the 100+ $ range every week :D
Its meant as an option for the hundrets of sweaters, that waste their time to get 0.17$ / 2h sweating.

In case you missed, sweating was never intended as a end game. It is merely available to give new players experience game without depositing.
Indeed some enjoy it and sweating becomes their career (or necessity if they really can't afford 10$ per month - which is usually not true because they will pay more per electricity than they can 'earn' from sweating).

So yes, such players can use one or few of hundreds of existing pay-per-click websites to get money that they could deposit into EU.
But expecting that MA should pursue such 'business opportunity' and become m iddle man is silly IMHO.

Oh, and yes, many people consider such pay-per-click websites as at least shady...

Look at this: http://www.openpr.com/news/93227/SponsorPay-convinces-Gameforge.html

If such service works for big game develpers like gameforge (germany) and Upjers (netherlands), why it should not work for Mindark ?

A company that is already working with over 1000 international companies, that like to offer their advertisements to gamers, can´t be that totally wrong.

I have seen some of their partners, its all there from Red Bull over IKEA to Loreal, Daimler Chrysler and many more well known company that spread their advertisement videos through such add network partner.

Maybe not that well known in US, but this is all big european companies.

Its a lot less shady than !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!s website and tasktuner.com!

Edit: rofl, that shady website is already censored here in forum and still MA advertises it with a link at client loader.

How sponsor pay worls:

It's actually a lot more than clicking on adds, those click though offers pay out just pennies as you said. The offers that cause problems with fraud are the surveys or sign up offers (i.e. sign up for netflix get 15 bucks in credit.) these fraudsters will figure out a way to get directly to the rewards page without performing the 45 min survey and spam it hundreds of times, or they will used stolen credit cards to sign up for all sorts of garbage just for the free currency.

The problem is due in part to the poor development of the offers themselves, most of the time they are thrown together by some developer out for a quick buck so it's easy to exploit them. That's why its better to create currency that other offer sites can sell for you.

(...)
(...)

I am hoping you mean "encouraging", not "enforcing"...

Look at this: http://www.openpr.com/news/93227/SponsorPay-convinces-Gameforge.html

If such service works for big game develpers like gameforge (germany) and Upjers (netherlands), why it should not work for Mindark ?

A company that is already working with over 1000 international companies, that like to offer their advertisements to gamers, can´t be that totally wrong.

I have seen some of their partners, its all there from Red Bull over IKEA to Loreal, Daimler Chrysler and many more well known company that spread their advertisement videos through such add network partner.

Maybe not that well known in US, but this is all big european companies.

Its a lot less shady than !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!s website and tasktuner.com!

Edit: rofl, that shady website is already censored here in forum and still MA advertises it with a link at client loader.

That article that you linked is 6 years old...
I'm sorry but I'm unconvinced.

Instead I would rather see some ads (with appropriate content, for example computing and general technology) displayed ingame and MA getting paid for it (and putting half of it or more into lootpool).
I guess problem would be to decide how they would be paid - i.e. displaying ad in empty outpost in far corner of continent would not benefit advertiser in any way.
Awesomium was implemented couple years ago or so but not yet utilized unless I miss something, so clicking ad can be implemented ingame.

However I would not like benefits going to people who do not spend money in EU, rather lootpools should be filled.
This would prevent influx of 'gold farmers' and would reward those who feed MA.

I am hoping you mean "encouraging", not "enforcing"...

Auto text correction strikes again :cdevil:

or they could make it more enjoyable to play and people would deposit rather than rely on gimmicks that players will eventually lose interest in. The only sure fire way for MA to increase income is get people depositing because they want to play and not because of a short term high value item loot in a barely concealed lucky dip which appears to be what they're doing at the moment.

Last edited:
As has already been said................

There are several websites that offer ways to do this already - so no real need for MA to implement a "system" for this. I have used Swagbucks for some time for purchases on Amazon.com - to the tune of like 500.00 USD so far.

They offer this same type of thing - watching vids, taking polls, doing offers and surveys. Then you can choose from a bunch of different gift cards when you get enough points - one of the gift cards is a paypal gift card - and MA accepts Paypal now. So it seems that this would solve the problem you put forth.

Travis

Some valid points not to do it.

Maybe a stupid idea.

Mod please close thread!

Status
Back