Different way to unlock enhancement sockets?

Erza

Dominant
Society
Free To Lancer
Eruciva An Rimina
Hello all,

Been to Twin peaks and seen some guns there that have like 3, 5 and even 8 socket open but the Tier stats of the numbers 1 to 10 are on all most all of them below 100 points so how is that possible?

I want to open the first socket on my Z12 Barbarella rifle but it says i need to upgrade the Tier first and to do that i've seen that the more i played the higher the numbers of Tier 1 to 10 go and the higher the Tier number slowly climbs which is now at 0.8 points.
What am i missing here?

And one more thing, where can i see like a Dune rider armor or the RX OpTac x2 armor set?
Where are all the more exotic and expensive armors at since i do not see than in the action?
Are they in players shops on planets here and there?, if so is there some info on where they are at?
Not that i want one now but i would like to check them out.:cool:

Many thanks in advance.:)

Cheers

You can USUALLY find these armors in the Selling Thread on this forum.

The problem is if you put on AH you run the risk of breaking up a Set of these armors and getting less for your set. The only places you'll usually see a full set for sell in an shop would be Twin Peaks bank.

Other then that you will have to watch the #trade channel in game for people advertising selling a full set of these armors.

Best Place to Look
Planet Calypso Forum * Selling Section

for the gun, since its UL, once it hits tier 0.9 you will have an option when you right click to 'tier upgrade'

you put items in a window (it will tell you -- yes it costs) and you can tier it to open the first slot

etc to 10

(L) items tier up naturally during use, but UL you have to actually tier it to the next lvl with items

Tiering takes patience. My last few ticks (5.8-5.9, 7.0-7.1, 8.0-8.1) all required a few tens of thousands to be cycled through the weapon. Alot of the high tiered weapons you see have taken years to tier.

Alot of high end stuff is sold through the forum and player to player trades, as the auction has limitations. Alot of players have a ton of ped locked up in deeds or items, so you'd lose out on a ton of potential buyers selling through the auction system.

If you are curious, select orders in the auction, then available, pick whatever category you are interested in and browse until you find the item you want to look at. Select it and click the item info icon to the lower left.

Entropedia.info is also a good resource.

You can USUALLY find these armors in the Selling Thread on this forum.

The problem is if you put on AH you run the risk of breaking up a Set of these armors and getting less for your set. The only places you'll usually see a full set for sell in an shop would be Twin Peaks bank.

Other then that you will have to watch the #trade channel in game for people advertising selling a full set of these armors.

Best Place to Look
Planet Calypso Forum * Selling Section

Thanks for the info's/links on this.:)

I'll keep an eye on the selling thread on this forum.:cool:
Yes, been to Twin peaks bank and i did seen some stuff there and also the two selling stuff outside but the prices where - hmmm - what can i say - insanely expensive. lol :jawdrop:
With that kind of money i can feed the family for a pretty long time and i mean good feeding to.:laugh:

For now i am on the Harrier and Ghost armor most of the time which is enough since my levels are still pretty low.
Only thing is that the Ghost penetration defense is 1 but gonna improve that to 9(or was it 10?) with plates.;)

But since i do like to hunt those bots i will have to go for something with higher Penetration and Burn defense in the future and that's why i want to get to know what's out there in EU.
I do like some of the L ones but since they are not repairable it's kind of a down side so i'll definitely go for a UL one.:yup:;)
Cheers

for the gun, since its UL, once it hits tier 0.9 you will have an option when you right click to 'tier upgrade'

you put items in a window (it will tell you -- yes it costs) and you can tier it to open the first slot

etc to 10

(L) items tier up naturally during use, but UL you have to actually tier it to the next lvl with items

Thanks for your info on this.:)
Yes, my rifle got to 0.9 and i did open the first socket and put a damage element in there but whether i put 1 or more the results are the same.
The ammo burn went from 205 to 226 with one and with more it stayed at that number.:(:confused:
Some other attributes went up as well with one but like above not with more.:scratch2::confused:

I hoped that it would increase more so i can keep using this rifle as long as possible since i do like it.:(
Cheers

And one more thing, where can i see like a Dune rider armor or the RX OpTac x2 armor set?
Where are all the more exotic and expensive armors at since i do not see than in the action?
Are they in players shops on planets here and there?, if so is there some info on where they are at?
Not that i want one now but i would like to check them out.:cool:

Cheers

You can check out any unlimited item once it has been discovered (if its allowed on auction) under the Orders section of the auction house. Im not in game atm but if i remember right it is under the "avaiable" section. Then just find the item you wanted to have a look at.

Hope this helps.

Tiering takes patience. My last few ticks (5.8-5.9, 7.0-7.1, 8.0-8.1) all required a few tens of thousands to be cycled through the weapon. Alot of the high tiered weapons you see have taken years to tier.

Alot of high end stuff is sold through the forum and player to player trades, as the auction has limitations. Alot of players have a ton of ped locked up in deeds or items, so you'd lose out on a ton of potential buyers selling through the auction system.

If you are curious, select orders in the auction, then available, pick whatever category you are interested in and browse until you find the item you want to look at. Select it and click the item info icon to the lower left.

Entropedia.info is also a good resource.

Thanks for your info about the Tier stuff.:)
Good to know it takes years to tier and that's why i hoped to keep using the same rifle i have now even when i'm at higher levels.:cool:
Is that a good move or should i look for a good tiered up rifle to buy eventually.:confused::scratch2:
Same goes for the rest like armors and so on.:confused:

I'll check the Orders page option in the action as soon as i logon the next time.;)
Yep, that site link is a good one and i still need to figure it all out how it works but in due time i will.:yup:
Cheers

You can check out any unlimited item once it has been discovered (if its allowed on auction) under the Orders section of the auction house. Im not in game atm but if i remember right it is under the "avaiable" section. Then just find the item you wanted to have a look at.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input on this.:)
It certainly is going to help since i did not know of this option, i've just read about it from the other poster before you.:yay:
Good thing it's about the UL ones because those are the ones i'm going for.:cool:
Cheers

Thanks for your info on this.:)
Yes, my rifle got to 0.9 and i did open the first socket and put a damage element in there but whether i put 1 or more the results are the same.
The ammo burn went from 205 to 226 with one and with more it stayed at that number.:(:confused:
Some other attributes went up as well with one but like above not with more.:scratch2::confused:

I hoped that it would increase more so i can keep using this rifle as long as possible since i do like it.:(
Cheers

Enhancers scale to the stat they modify. So a low damage per shot weapon(barbarella) will see little effect vs a high damage per shot weapons. example. same enhancer in slot one:
z25 barbarella
5% of 9 dmg = .45 damage bonus (just low enough to not round up on display)
whatever 50 damage gun
5% of 50 damage = 2.5. damage bonus

Keep in mind this when using enhancers... some stats warrant them...some are simply not worth the enhancer.
Durability enhancers on (L) armors for example have a massive multiplying effect on their higher durability.
The bigger the stat, the bigger the effect.

Perhaps as a starter weapon an accuracy or range or eco enhancer might have better effect for you.(range enh+backing up while you fire for example may get you a few more shots before having to worry about getting hit...potentially saves money depending on what you are hunting)

Last edited:
Enhancers scale to the stat they modify. So a low damage per shot weapon(barbarella) will see little effect vs a high damage per shot weapons. example. same enhancer in slot one:
z25 barbarella
whatever 50 damage gun

I'm sure forgo meant to say 10% for damage enhancers.

While you can stack multiple t1 enhancers of the same type in a slot, extras act as spares, when the first one breaks then the next one comes into effect.

You discussed armours earlier on. Just a few notes on the differences between UL and L armour.

L armour decays slower than UL armour so you get more protection for your pecs.
but L armour is sold at a MU% so you need to take that into account when working out your costs. L armour at 110% is going to be a good choice if it has the protection you want. L armour at 200% is not going to give you eco defense.
L armour also offers full protection until it breaks. UL armour protection deteriorates in proportion to reduction in TT value. eg UL armour at 50%TT will only offer 50% of its usual protection. So you really need to keep the UL armour fully repaired.
L armour may not be available when you need to replace it. Once you buy UL armour, its always available.
UL armour can have very high MU, and there is a risk you wont be able to get that price if/when you decide to sell.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

For now i am on the Harrier and Ghost armor most of the time which is enough since my levels are still pretty low.
Only thing is that the Ghost penetration defense is 1 but gonna improve that to 9(or was it 10?) with plates.;)

But since i do like to hunt those bots i will have to go for something with higher Penetration and Burn defense in the future and that's why i want to get to know what's out there in EU.

Ghost armor unlimited is a good all round armor, the downside is the decay that sucks. If you going to add plates, for example 5B you add up, or 6A (for robots).

Even if you are a low level, armor is always good to buy one that has low decay and can be used for many years. Personally I do not like much of L armors, sure, they do not lose protection efficiency while they get hit.

If you do use unlimited armor, then start to think in investing in something better then Ghost. Nemesis is a pretty eco armor with great stats. Add 5B plates and Troxes are a walk in the park (at least till Old Alpha).

For robots, Vigilante and 6A are great. Vigilante is very similar to Nemesis in terms of "general" protection against mobs that do cut and stab but in terms of burn and penetration its pretty good, the decay is a bit more.

If you hunt things like Argos, Kerberos, etc (low level mobs) Adj Pixie is the way to go. Believe it or not I hunt Atroxes in Adj pixie, of course I have 10 years of EU so my skills at evade and agility and healing are good enough to do that. But in your case (since you say you are low level - HP less then 100? 120?) you might have some difficulty to heal against troxes while in Adj Pixie.

Of course there are many L options in terms of armors, plates and durabilty today, this is just a view of a veteran that started skilling with Opalo and Pixie 10 years ago lol.

Some edit:
If you hunt something that is constantly doing 1 dmg to you, then you are over protected. If you hunt something that do 50 dmg to you, you are not very well protected.
;)

z25 barbarella
whatever 50 damage gun

Keep in mind this when using enhancers... some stats warrant them...some are simply not worth the enhancer.
Durability enhancers on (L) armors for example have a massive multiplying effect on their higher durability.
The bigger the stat, the bigger the effect.

Perhaps as a starter weapon an accuracy or range or eco enhancer might have better effect for you.(range enh+backing up while you fire for example may get you a few more shots before having to worry about getting hit...potentially saves money depending on what you are hunting)

Thanks for the info on enhancers.:)
I see what you mean and have tested it when i was online, the stack is for later use when the first one is done.
At first i thought that the more you stack the better the result.lol:silly2:

I have one for extra damage in the z25 barbarella and that's good enough since this will become my finished mob weapon and the ratio is 1:10 since it gotten like 20 more damage extra on ammo burn but it is still pretty eco this one.:D

I bought a UL laser rifle and in this one i've put a accuracy one just like you wrote for the stats critical hit and the other one(forgot what it's called):scratch2:
The max stats on these two is 10 and with the enhancer one is 12 now but to get maximum effect of those skills it needs to be learned and since this puppy eats ammo like crazy that's not gonna happen soon.:laugh:

Well, the idea is to hunt mainly bots.:cool:
Cheers

I'm sure forgo meant to say 10% for damage enhancers.

While you can stack multiple t1 enhancers of the same type in a slot, extras act as spares, when the first one breaks then the next one comes into effect.

You discussed armours earlier on. Just a few notes on the differences between UL and L armour.

L armour decays slower than UL armour so you get more protection for your pecs.
but L armour is sold at a MU% so you need to take that into account when working out your costs. L armour at 110% is going to be a good choice if it has the protection you want. L armour at 200% is not going to give you eco defense.
L armour also offers full protection until it breaks. UL armour protection deteriorates in proportion to reduction in TT value. eg UL armour at 50%TT will only offer 50% of its usual protection. So you really need to keep the UL armour fully repaired.
L armour may not be available when you need to replace it. Once you buy UL armour, its always available.
UL armour can have very high MU, and there is a risk you wont be able to get that price if/when you decide to sell.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

Thanks for your input on this.:)

That the extras enhancer act as spares, that i know now since i've tested it in game.;)
So silly of me to think that the more i stacked the better the effect gets.lol:silly2:

Thanks for the armor info and i've decided that i'm gonna go for UL armor and weapons only.:yup:
Reason is because i want to use them as long as i play this game so i can get their Tier upgraded and that does take some years to do.:jawdrop:
And i don't like switching stuff all the time, find something you like and that's good and keep at it and you'll excel with years to come.;)
I noticed that if i repair my armor set everytime i'm done hunting it isn't that bad and the stats stays at their max which is the whole idea.:cool:

I only need to figure out what is the best UL armor for bots, i'm busy doing that on http://www.entropiawiki.com.
That is a wonderful site and also the fact that i can look at available stuff with theiur pricing in the action is nice to but it's a shame that i can not see the stats of the item in that section of the action.:( or am i overlooking something.:scratch2:
Cheers

Do not go too much into the prices on Entropedia. The site is a bit outdated. But in general, the stats of armors and weapons are ok.

If you want to go with unlimited weapons, I suggest keep going on L weapons for a while when you do have SIB.

When the hit ability and critical hit ability are around 5.5/10 on both you can start to think in using a unlimited weapon. Of course, unlimited weapons, work better with a scope and 2 lasers. Accuracy and economy enhancers are good choice also, imho.

:cool:

I understand where you are coming from but you will find that, as you skill up, you'll want to move to weapons with more dps, armour with more protection. So you probably aren't going to want to use just the one weapon or set of armour. So early on it might make sense to use eco L weapons until your skill gains slow down.

Tiering low level gear is satisfying but it doesn't really provide many benefits compared to the cost of the enhancers.

Having said that, I have bought a number of ul weapons over the years and I still use a couple of them from time to time. I mostly use L armour but thats because I craft it myself so it's always available and I don't have to worry about paying for someone else's MU.

Ghost armor unlimited is a good all round armor, the downside is the decay that sucks. If you going to add plates, for example 5B you add up, or 6A (for robots).

Even if you are a low level, armor is always good to buy one that has low decay and can be used for many years. Personally I do not like much of L armors, sure, they do not lose protection efficiency while they get hit.

If you do use unlimited armor, then start to think in investing in something better then Ghost. Nemesis is a pretty eco armor with great stats. Add 5B plates and Troxes are a walk in the park (at least till Old Alpha).

For robots, Vigilante and 6A are great. Vigilante is very similar to Nemesis in terms of "general" protection against mobs that do cut and stab but in terms of burn and penetration its pretty good, the decay is a bit more.

If you hunt things like Argos, Kerberos, etc (low level mobs) Adj Pixie is the way to go. Believe it or not I hunt Atroxes in Adj pixie, of course I have 10 years of EU so my skills at evade and agility and healing are good enough to do that. But in your case (since you say you are low level - HP less then 100? 120?) you might have some difficulty to heal against troxes while in Adj Pixie.

Of course there are many L options in terms of armors, plates and durabilty today, this is just a view of a veteran that started skilling with Opalo and Pixie 10 years ago lol.

Some edit:
If you hunt something that is constantly doing 1 dmg to you, then you are over protected. If you hunt something that do 50 dmg to you, you are not very well protected.
;)

Thanks for your info on all the above.:)
In my reply to KijkkiJikki i mention what i want for armor and weapon and UL stuff it is :yup: reason for it is also mention in my reply.;)
10 years veteran, that's a bloody long time :laugh: your skills must be nice and high enough for a walk in the park.lol
My HP is now 91 which seems pretty fast for me but i'm pretty sure that speed is only at these low levels skills.:tongue2:
I'm busy looking into what kind of armor to get to hunt bots ;) see my reply to KijkkiJikki again if you may.:)

My armor is now the one you get in the third starters pack which is pretty good and you get like 8% extra speed with it and it is very eco or i haven't done enough hunting.lol

Mobs and bots(if i can find low levels ones) do around 15 damage to me but sometimes it is more and sometimes less since it is linked ot kind of mobs/bots.

A question about the action available section, say i want to order a armor set.:cool:
I get the TT thing but what about the daily fee of 1 ped?
If i have like 6 parts and i put all of them on 99 days(max out) order that's 99 ped per item so that's about 600 ped extra.:jawdrop::holyshit::laugh:
How long should i place these orders to be sure i get what i ordered and what period are we talking about before i get them?
Does putting them all on 99 days @ 99 ped each gives the best chance to get them and if so does that mean i have to wait 99 days before i get them?
Say i put them at max 99 days each and i get them after say, 1 day(lol), 1 week or 99 days?

Thanks in advance for the info on this.:D
Cheers

Do not go too much into the prices on Entropedia. The site is a bit outdated. But in general, the stats of armors and weapons are ok.

If you want to go with unlimited weapons, I suggest keep going on L weapons for a while when you do have SIB.

When the hit ability and critical hit ability are around 5.5/10 on both you can start to think in using a unlimited weapon. Of course, unlimited weapons, work better with a scope and 2 lasers. Accuracy and economy enhancers are good choice also, imho.

:cool:

Thanks for the tip on the pricing but i am on that site for the armor stats mainly.;)
What is SIB?, i already have my two weapons for now and both are UL ones.;)
The z25 barbarella is also UL but can not be sold at the TT or action but you can repair it and drop it if one wishes to.lol
I have a scope and laser pointer on my main one and a scope on the other one.:yup:
I do like how you can see laser pointer.:cool:
Yep, got accuracy in the main one since the weapon i bought had the first socket open.:yay:

"work better with a scope and 2 lasers"
two lasers on one weapon?

Ecomony enhancer don't make sense to me since it reduces the ammo burn, isn't it just better to get a weapon with lower ammo burn to get less decay.:confused::scratch2:
Cheers

I understand where you are coming from but you will find that, as you skill up, you'll want to move to weapons with more dps, armour with more protection. So you probably aren't going to want to use just the one weapon or set of armour. So early on it might make sense to use eco L weapons until your skill gains slow down.

Tiering low level gear is satisfying but it doesn't really provide many benefits compared to the cost of the enhancers.

Having said that, I have bought a number of ul weapons over the years and I still use a couple of them from time to time. I mostly use L armour but thats because I craft it myself so it's always available and I don't have to worry about paying for someone else's MU.

Thanks for your reply and info on this.:)
I see what you mean but i am going to get a higher pen/burn/def armor and higher dps weapon(did already) and use it sometimes on way higher bots/mobs and see how that goes and i also have the starter pack number 3 which is a perfect UL pack for beginners.:yup:
That is cool that you can craft your own L armor.:cool::wtg:
Cheers

One issue that i still don't understand about Tiers.

If you need to play years to get say Tier 6 on your armors/weapons that would mean that the numbers on Tiers 1 to 10 at the bottom of the spec window would be very high like in the many hundreds or even thousands.:confused:

Is this correct or not and if this is the case how come some weapons have like 5 or more sockets open but have the Tier numbers of Tier 1 to 10 below 100 points?:confused::scratch2:

Thanks for clearing this up.:D
Cheers

Edit, got my answer in the postings of KullXP and apparently it is possible to get that kind of Tiering stats.

Last edited:
A question about the action available section, say i want to order a armor set.:cool:
I get the TT thing but what about the daily fee of 1 ped?
If i have like 6 parts and i put all of them on 99 days(max out) order that's 99 ped per item so that's about 600 ped extra.:jawdrop::holyshit::laugh:
How long should i place these orders to be sure i get what i ordered and what period are we talking about before i get them?
Does putting them all on 99 days @ 99 ped each gives the best chance to get them and if so does that mean i have to wait 99 days before i get them?
Say i put them at max 99 days each and i get them after say, 1 day(lol), 1 week or 99 days?

Thanks in advance for the info on this.:D
Cheers

The order isn't a loan request, if you want to buy, say, 5B armor plates at 35ped apiece, you put in the order for the plates, and when the order is 'filled' (as in, an auction is listed or found at the price you set you wish to pay), then the seller is paid from the order, and you are delivered the plates - no extra fees or per day/item etc.

Thanks for the tip on the pricing but i am on that site for the armor stats mainly.;)
What is SIB?, i already have my two weapons for now and both are UL ones.;)
The z25 barbarella is also UL but can not be sold at the TT or action but you can repair it and drop it if one wishes to.lol
I have a scope and laser pointer on my main one and a scope on the other one.:yup:
I do like how you can see laser pointer.:cool:
Yep, got accuracy in the main one since the weapon i bought had the first socket open.:yay:

"work better with a scope and 2 lasers"
two lasers on one weapon?

Ecomony enhancer don't make sense to me since it reduces the ammo burn, isn't it just better to get a weapon with lower ammo burn to get less decay.:confused::scratch2:
Cheers

SIB is short for Skill Increase Bonus, it means that if your skill doesn't max the item out, but is within the 'bonus' range, you'll earn extra skills per gain ; essentially gaining skills much faster than you would using a regular UL item.

As for the 2 lasers thing, you can put a laser on the scope, then put the scope on the gun - and you can also put a second laser on the gun itself.

Back