Aeglic Ring Modified UL

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Hi
There is some debate on the value of this ring. About 6 have dropped ad far as I am aware.
It offers an extra 16HP and 40% Regeneration.
Some argue that an extra 16HP is the crux. The amount of skill gain for a mid-high level player is huge to get the extra 16HP.
Those that were auctioned on PCF all sold immediately for 10k ped. So definitely a valuable item and in demand.
I have heard 2 private sales at 15-16k.
A few players feel the true value is around 20-25 kped.

When I get chance I will calculate the cost of skills needed for a player with 200HP, 250HP and 300HP to get an extra 16HP.

So I see an undervalued 10Ped vs 25k ped.

Thoughts?

One thing to consider also... what else could you wear on right hand? Personally I prefer more damage/eco to hp, which is why I sold.

/Sbi

Hi
When I get chance I will calculate the cost of skills needed for a player with 200HP, 250HP and 300HP to get an extra 16HP.

So I see an undervalued 10Ped vs 25k ped.

Thoughts?

There is no universal pricetag for a HitPoint. Getting an extra HP depends completely on the current distribution of HP giving skills. I remember vividly the astonishment of an old-skool uber (KillStrike and Quickness unlocked, almost 250HP) and hardcore range damage weapon user when he finished the Kreltin missions and took 52 ped Melee combat as a reward. That boosted him almost 2 full HP, as he never swung a serious melee weapon in his virtual life. Getting those 2 HP with grinding/chipping in ranged skills would have cost him multiple K peds. You can picture similar scenes for non-miners and treasure hunting rookies, space virgins and even attribute token allergists.

A Jack Of All Trades (as i consider myself to be) will have the hardest problem to gain 16 HP, and is therefore likely to pay the most for a 16 ped HP ring. In fact, gaining another 16 HP will cost me 25k ped according to the Chipping optimizer, and thats conservative as some of the prices used are rather optimistic. Any other player can get HP much cheaper and will pay less.

And what Sbi says is totally true, the opportunity costs for locking the right hand with 16 HP and waiving better dps+ eco will drive serious hunters to Ares and not Aeglic.

Bottom line: sell your Aeglic for 10k and use it to buy HP skills. Or add peds and get an Ares ring.

all these 10k + prices are absurd since more will get looted so prices are bound to drop..i predict prices of 1-2k for all but the unique rings

mind you,im not debating the usefullness or the price if none would drop anymore,but eventually it will be just an case of suply/demand

all these 10k + prices are absurd since more will get looted so prices are bound to drop..i predict prices of 1-2k for all but the unique rings

mind you,im not debating the usefullness or the price if none would drop anymore,but eventually it will be just an case of suply/demand

like most things in EU. And then when prices go down those who bought for 10k+ will cry .. Why MA why?? As if F***** MA got them to pay the 10k+ price in the first place.

Anyways, I agree with you on price drop on these :)

like most things in EU. And then when prices go down those who bought for 10k+ will cry .. Why MA why?? As if F***** MA got them to pay the 10k+ price in the first place.

Anyways, I agree with you on price drop on these :)

I'm waiting for the shitstorm when decay finally gets implemented. :yup:

All it takes is very little decay, to turn most rings from super-eco, to expensive boosters.

I this is the kind of thing that have very personal value depending the user, hard to set a general value on it

I'm waiting for the shitstorm when decay finally gets implemented. :yup:

All it takes is very little decay, to turn most rings from super-eco, to expensive boosters.

When decay is implemented it may be as low as the cost to equip clothing (eg 2 pec) to the cost of a normal armor piece in combat (a few ped - but only during combat)

I dont think ring decay will be much of a consideration to owners of unlim rings - and it may be years off in any case.

I thought, I would respond since I have this Ring on the Auction, atm. I have had several discussions on the price already, here are some things that weren't mentioned.

1. Drop Rate... is high at the moment because of the excitement of the boxes, but in time less and less people will buy them, though they will always be bought at small levels. This should make the drop rate shrink. Also, MA has always been known for dropping a lot quickly for an initial push and then drying up the drop rate extremely. Also, the possibility of other items like necklaces or bracelets could replace them.

2. Stacking Boosts... Even though it is probably still a ways away MA did say they were working on being able to stack items together, and that will make this ring very valuable when that is implemented!

3. The Ares Ring... First off while I was opening boxes I got a crap load of pills that effect my DPS better than the Ares Ring, and very few that were better than the Aeglic Ring. So, even now, I just use those pills instead of the Ares Rings because they are better and I wear my Aeglic L Ring instead. So pills vs. Rings, the Aeglic Ring wins.

Anyways, just a few things. Obviously I am biased because I am selling the Ring, but still good points. Really, just a lot of unknowns atm. It could be worth 5k in the future or it could be worth over 20k, but what I do know, it is an awesome Ring!

But, I do know, from talking to people who have sold their rings, that they have been sold from 8-17k PED

Thanks,
Three :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the decay uncertainty is the main drawback. I'm sure 10-15k is possible at present. Longterm, who knows with the regularity of new buff items.

Last edited:
When decay is implemented there will be a lot of value for the UL over the L Ring... All you have to do is repair the UL Ring, you have to buy more boxes when the L ring is done. That makes me believe the price of the ring will actually increase once decay of the L rings is implemented, because people will get tired of buying boxes for them.

Also, stackable boosts will be a huge bonus, and when that is eventually implemented, I see it being a big boost in the price of Rings.

Thanks,
Three

When decay is implemented there will be a lot of value for the UL over the L Ring... All you have to do is repair the UL Ring, you have to buy more boxes when the L ring is done. That makes me believe the price of the ring will actually increase once decay of the L rings is implemented, because people will get tired of buying boxes for them.

Also, stackable boosts will be a huge bonus, and when that is eventually implemented, I see it being a big boost in the price of Rings.

Thanks,
Three

Is not the decay already implemented? I think it's decay when you equip them just as cloth?

Is not the decay already implemented? I think it's decay when you equip them just as cloth?

This message is in the item description... of both L and UL Rings...

"IMPORTANT NOTE: This item does not deteriorate while equipped, but may have deterioration implemented in a future version update."

Back