DannyO

Stalker
Society
Dark Knights
Daniel DannyO Ocean
Deleted...….]

Last edited:
Add moi....pls

I've been waiting for an irl meet that I can actually get to for years ! Count me in ?

Ofcourse I can't miss another one of these :)
Sign me up!

yes count me in for the meet up to :) b nice to meet the fellow uk grinders

I'll be there (unless some emergency).

Will try to bring couple of DK-S with me too.

brum_from_the_air.jpg

brum_from_the_air2.jpg

beehive.jpg

It's not what you're thinking, most of it is brand new!

Put me down on the list please. :)

I think I am over in Holland on this date but if not I will pop down ;)

i'll be working on the 18th so need to check if i can book that as an holiday. which is unlikely since tutors can generally only book hols during holiday periods unless your "favoured" by management.

also i think i'll wait and see what the programme details are since if it revolves around drinking then i'll have to skip the whole event.

Add me pls.

Dirk

Join!

Heeey!

I will be glad to join the meeting so please add me to the list ^^:rolleyes:

Cheers! Thx :)

These kind of events are exceptionally rare, lets make it happen! :thumbup:

Awaiting update from threadstarter.

Last edited:
Thread starter doesn't appear to have been around since 9th July, anyone know if he is on holiday or some other event? Please let me know either in public or private.

Thank you! :thumbup:

Thread starter doesn't appear to have been around since 9th July, anyone know if he is on holiday or some other event? Please let me know either in public or private.

Thank you! :thumbup:

Think I saw globals for team named "DannyO & Spongehunter" yesterday. Not exactly means it was him ;)

I may be in Canada, if not I will try make it too this.

When DannyO logs in I will let him know people are asking after him. :)

Deleted...….

Last edited:
I know from bitter experience that Solihull is not the same as Birmingham. I was once 6 hours late for a job interview there :D

And no, I didn't get it.

Solihull is indeed different to Birmingham. It is a separate town that is 9 miles to the SE of Birmingham. It has a B postcode but has a separate council.

The location of the meet is Monkspath which is South of Solihull, and would take 30 mins to walk into Solihull town centre. A location I am familiar with. It has about 1.5 nightclubs, and a fair/good selection of pubs.

From the meet location to Birmingham city centre (Via the A38) is 11 miles which would take about 20-30 minutes depending on Taxi firm chosen. :)

Birmingham City Centre has a large amount of pubs, many located along Broad Street, and dozens of nightclubs to choose from. Dress code is minimal, no sportswear and no trainers and you will get into most of them if you aren't being carried or propped up by the person next to you. ;)

Put me down, I will try and make it.

Think I saw globals for team named "DannyO & Spongehunter" yesterday. Not exactly means it was him ;)

Ya that was me and Danny I will tell him people are looking for him tomorrow when I log in. I hope you all have a great time

Deleted...….

Last edited:
There seems little interest at the moment on this venue, so unless there is a significant amount of interest over the next 3 to 5 days, it looks like we will have to cancel the event.

Please spread the word in game to anyone who might be interested.

Can I ask you why you chose that particular venue? I'm sure it is lovely but it is so far out from the city centre, that it makes it somewhat awkward even for people familiar with the local area to get to.

I'm sure you noticed an earlier post of mine showing similarly priced accommodation in the city centre.

There has been interest, but could you give an idea on how many names you'd need to make it a viable event?

Finally, I have had feedback asking about the date being a Friday (people saying, "I'm at work, I dont think I can do it" etc) I proposed in the previous thread the date of 29/30 August with the Bank Holiday in which many in the UK (not Scotland, sorry) have the Monday off work to recover ;)

[Can you tell I wanted that T-shirt?] ;)

Last edited:
well only a bit over an hour flight from DK so maybe it could be done :) let me think about it :)

Just to say I won't be going but to those that do, I hope you have a good time :)

Deleted...….

Last edited:
My personal preference would have been London, as It would have been easy to organise for me, as I could have organised a trendy pub and got us in VIP to good club.

In respect of dates, you can never please everyone, and if you really wanted to attend the event then its down to the individual to either take the Friday off, or just join on Saturday. Not sure a lot of people could make it on a bank holiday weekend, when hotel prices, flights etc will be inflated.

The venue was picked because it is on the south side of Birmingham, easy access from the airport, and easy access from the south.

As you obviously have the knowledge of Birmingham, I am happy to stand down and let you organise things. I will cancel the proposed meet up, and perhaps you can organise a new event........whatever dates you think, organise a pub for the quiz, post some reasonable priced hotels etc (just remember not all people want to go out in central Birmingham, in all the piss, sweat and puke.... to have a drink)

My intention was to work with you once you announced Birmingham, it was very obvious I have local knowledge, as Birmingham and Blackpool were my prefered choices. I have family in both locations and both have a very vibrant party culture (whether you choose to drink or not - you can still have fun sober)

South side of Birmingham may have been easier for those arriving by plane (debateable) but wouldn't have been as convienient as those choosing train, car or coach which would in a "UK Meet Up" situation would have been more numerous.

Where we go from here is down to other opinions now.

London meetup - can still take place, presumably - has happened before. I didn't go so dont know much about it.
Birmingham meetup - can still take place, you want me to take the lead, I'll have to think it over - but I prefer August date mentioned, last of the "gorgeous" Uk Summer weather. Doesn't give me a lot of time.
Other location - other places were nominated.

Back