Question: Repair skilling, July 2015

Haruto Rat

Elite
Society
fode et fuge
Cunning Haruto Rat
Question(s):
  • Which ships these days are conducting regular repair skilling runs available to general public?
  • Do you allow own supplies?

Definitions:
  • "available to general public": does not require one to join a society, to pledge exclusive allegiance to the ship in question, to dye their hair green or become a Herbalife distributor.
  • "own supplies": in the past, some ships used to require that only RK-5s and WW bought on the board be used (this effectively means collecting a fee). I'm not sure if this practice is still common, and discussing it is beyond the scope of this discussion.
  • "these days": approximately July 10 to July 31 but you may share your future plans if you want to.

Background:
  • Rats have crafted some 20 RK-5 (L) and corresponding amount of WW, and are looking to burn the stuff.
  • There seems to be some sort of a summer hiatus in repair skilling (hopefully I'm wrong about this).
  • Instead of messaging the crew of each ship separately, I figured asking in open forum might be more efficient. Plus, other people and animals might be able to use the information collected.

Disclaimer:
  • This thread is aimed at collecting purely technical information on schedules and practices. Your opinion of your competitors is better taken elsewhere. Please.

Thank you in advance.

(optimistically reserved for the info collected) :)

(alphabetical order)

MS Kronan
daily, ~ 20h/day
based: Arkadia
Source / more info

MS Normandie
daily, up to 23h/day
based: space
Source / more info

MS Varyag
"regular"
based: Arkadia
Source

Last edited:
Kronan and Varyag do regular repair skilling runs on Arkadia TG. Contact Granny and Yoshii respectively for more. Since both are based at Ark SS, they return to the station to change pilot at reasonably regular intervals so you can join and leave without too much trouble. Some privateers also do skilling runs on Ark TG from time to time, but I can't comment on individual ships.

As far as supplies are concerned, you can use your own supplies on Kronan, (I don't know about Varyag) but if you need to buy more supplies onboard, there is a policy to only buy from Granny or her designated supplier.

Repair skilling on Normandie is free of charge and you can bring your own supplies.
We are free for the general public (except if the avatar in question is a known pirate or member of a known pirate soc).
We do perform a passenger requested dynamic schedule every day around 19ma during which we aproach planets, during all other times of the day we perform hunt/repairskilling (except short interuptions for vip flight requests - thought with enough SI to carry on we usually can keep repairs busy even while performing flights).
Possible amount of repairskilling hours per day is up to 23 hours.

When we are not performing flights the ship stays far out in space therefor if you wish to flexibly join/leave on your own terms a sleipnir/quad is recommend.

It is possible to join in during gunning rounds to experience hunting, but regular participation is tied to a crewsubscription as support of the further operation and upgrade of the ship.
This is due to our aim to improve the skills of those actively protecting ship, crew and passengers during our service times and to improve our level of security further as we aim to perfect in what we do in present and future times to come.

While you can use your own supplies you can also obtain supplies from several other crewmates onboard who hold tool/wires stocks for general crewsupport.

Kronan Interplanetary Spaceship Services
K.I.S.S.

Repair Skilling

Probably the most active repair skill ship in Entropia
We are at Arkadia Training Grounds 7 days a week.
We fly repair skill runs approximately 20 hours per day
New to space repair skilling ? see http://kronan-ms.info/repair-skilling-in-space/

Cost
We offer Free access to repair skilling on MS Kronan including summon several times a day from Arkadia
The only cost to you is the repair tools and welding wire you use on-board and any associated space travel
Pick-ups and set-downs during scheduled warp flights can be arranged with Granny in advance

Spare repair tools, Welding Wire and space thrusters are available on-board at very affordable prices
You are of course welcome to use your own

Rules
We do not accept pirates or members of known pirate societies.
We do expect people to treat each other with respect see crew rules at http://kronan-ms.info/crew-rules/
On-board sales of space supplies are restricted to Granny and her authorised suppliers

Come join the fun, meet our Parrot & check out our in-flight cuisine.
To join the guestlist PM Granny Rowan Render in-game

kiss_v_2.jpg

Second post updated this far, thanks everyone.

Can you request a mod to make this thread sticky?

A good indication on how active certain repairskilling ships truely are can also be found by having a look at the repairers list where many players who care about repairskilling have enlisted with their current level in VSE.

Can you request a mod to make this thread sticky?
tbh, I'm not really interesting in maintaining the info up-to-date for longer than one or two weeks; that would also be impractical given I'm running an above average risk of getting banned from PCF :laugh:

Anyone willing and able to maintain it is welcome to copy the info to a new thread.

Back