advice please

That is indeed a tough run Mischief. Do you hunt at all? I try to switch it up between mining and hunting and find that when I do, it not only reduces the grind, I seem to have better luck. Do you use LBML while mining?

In the last 9 months (with a short break from mining) I have done over 20,000 drops and I am still waiting for a HOF. My TT return during this period is always around 70%.

it's old advice but it's still valid, mine for mark up or simply sellable resources not hofs.

Same applies for hunting.

20.000 drops without hof happens from time to time, have patience, take a break, you will get your payback but it may take months

70% doesn't sound completely out of line for that many drops. You're going to get variation around that 90% average.

Your are burning some extra PED though using the F-105, which is one of the more inefficient finders out there. An F-212 (L) or eMINE FS (L) will both go deeper and cost less per drop (even after MU) than an F-105. It might be different if you are using enhancers, but I tend to stay away from them for finders at least.

Otherwise, just try changing your areas up a bit. It could be you're in an area that gets mined by other people a bit.

Im sorry to hear that Mischief.
Mining can be rough, no doubt about it, but 20k drops (even unamped) with 70% tt return seems to be a bit off.
There is no other advice anyone can give you, except keep droping and pay attention to markup.

Maybe u had some nice hofs in the past and you are still paying back tt to the system. This after hof diseases can last years, with small turnover.

And if there is not any nice hof in the past, you are actually building up for one :)

good luck

I went through the same thing for nearly a year, it was ugly. High markups kept my losses to around 5-6% each run, but still nasty. Afterwards I broke through with a couple large hofs and now it seems like I can't lose out there.

Just keep dropping. That is all.

70% doesn't sound completely out of line for that many drops. You're going to get variation around that 90% average.

Your are burning some extra PED though using the F-105, which is one of the more inefficient finders out there. An F-212 (L) or eMINE FS (L) will both go deeper and cost less per drop (even after MU) than an F-105. It might be different if you are using enhancers, but I tend to stay away from them for finders at least.

Otherwise, just try changing your areas up a bit. It could be you're in an area that gets mined by other people a bit.

20k drops With 70% Is very low.

Extra ped burned with F-105 decay doesnt matter because claim tt size is proportional to decay+probes

Stay away from taxed area and mine in zone with average MU of 107%+

PM or Contact me in game, I Will have a Closer look at your case. :)

Don Crazyshadow Hunterz

buy terramaster 6..

Since The Change, it is difficult to hof planetside unamped For Sure..

Good luck on the field.

buy terramaster 6..

Since The Change, it is difficult to hof planetside unamped For Sure..

Good luck on the field.

i would say it is good idea to use different finders depending on the ore(s) you are aiming for..

if there is area with igni(140%) and terru(108%) why go deep if you get more terru that way?

but if you have spot with deep rare ore sure you should use the deepest finder...

Last edited:
if there is area with igni(140%) and terru(108%) why go deep if you get more terru that way?

Magnus is right here, finding a field where you can generate markup is crucial (especially nowadays), nonetheless i would advice you to use a finder according to your skills.

Dunno if there is any incidence, but who knows..;)

Oh that's simple, if you have a pet, spend thousands of peds on useless trinkets for it, your HOF will come, regardless of what you do in the game, otherwise is like most countries social service, wait 10 more years for your turn.

That low an average return from 20,000 drops is way too low. I use a terramaster 4, mine unamped, and my average return from 112 runs (less than 15,000 drops) is just over 100% tt return. I get globes and hof's regularly which is why the average is just over 100% :) My average over a short period might be ~ 70% but its the big multipliers that you need to get the average up.

I really have no idea why you should have gone so long without getting the big multipliers, but there is certainly something wrong.

I have about same levels and suffer the same way. I had to rely on globs to make the wheels turn, but they failed to come. I just gave up and started hunting, but if I want have a 2nd go, Id try new tools.
Im not convinced high MU mining is the best, as I assume MA has a limited spawn to every high MU material and you need luck to hit a high spawn cycle to grab a bigger part of it.

Extra ped burned with F-105 decay doesnt matter because claim tt size is proportional to decay+probes

I'd be curious to see some actual numbers on that. It's pretty well established that this is the general setup for probes+amp decay, but I haven't seen anyone demonstrate that finder decay actually affects claim size.

My numbers show that without a larger hof (ie. 400+) returns will be around 75%, including globals and smaller hofs. so yeah 20k drops with around a 70% is possible, though I think calculations are a little off, or you're running some extreme decay somewhere.

If 10 nrf in a row scares you then I'd be hard pressed to believe you've be mining as much as 20k drops, or even skilled to 34 prosp naturally. It's commonplace to get as many as 25 nrf in a row planetside, it's happened to me (just 30 minutes ago actually on ark), and not that rare.

Mining takes a big pedcard and a lot of knowledge as to where to reach 115%+ markup so you can outlast bad tt returns. Put in the time and effort to research or find a different profession in game.

Or just throw all ped into passive income and dick around in chat for a few months =D

I'd be curious to see some actual numbers on that. It's pretty well established that this is the general setup for probes+amp decay, but I haven't seen anyone demonstrate that finder decay actually affects claim size.

It doesnt. A portion of tool decay is returned in skill.

I got very similar results mining unamped over a 4 month period before I said fuck it and started hunting again. Mining returns were constantly 65-80% cycling 2-3k ped per day that's roughly 300k cycled in 4 months at an average 75% return using maxed deep L finders unamped almost exclusively. I however mine differently. I double drop every claim and run on auto-use or drop about 80 meters apart over lapping everywhere.

If you are getting the same results as I was but not over lapping and not double droppin . The only issue I can think of screwing us is the hof cap on unamped runs preventing larger drops and towers. Because we don't amp we get wildly low returns.

I won't pay for amps so I barely mine anymore.

Because we don't amp we get wildly low returns.

Nonsense. Amped returns are quite similar + people pay mu on every amped drop, so return mu must be bigger to get the same end-result so going unamped you basically win a bit already on mu, though loose a lot of time.

Back