What is the biggest overcharging by MA right now?

jetsina

Elite
Some things that MA charges us for we know the costs of - and sometimes the benefits.
Do they roughly correlate, or are some things way off?

We have the cost to equip clothes still, I believe - a pain for stuff that is (L).
We have consumption for spawned pets - higher if buffs active.
We have tp charges to get down from a space station.

What is a fair price - and what is crazy?

I just found an absolute cracker of a fee, though!
The new crates - especially 5000 sweat - weigh an incredible amount. They can be auctioned, so just go and see how much the transport fee is if you grab a crate off a different planet's auction!

Go and have a look if you want a laugh, to cry, or swear, whatever! :laugh:
..and I thought being untransportable by the special red expensive quads was punishment enough..... I was wrong!

Yeah I agree and see it getting silly...
Composite planks....sell 200 spend 28 ped or so in fees. Seems a bit outrageous. So... I won't craft them.

If we cant make markups without giving it away in fees...whats the point? Raising markups wont work...people simply wont buy.

We already were promised more precious auction space....but at this rate.. the auction could kill a ped card quick with a couple of pages more to list.

Tiering cost of some weapons - usually level 100 guns

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac
2 Ped to land on a planet?

Tiering costs for high end armor and weapons is ridiculous.

The equipping fee really is a petty scrounge for pennies imo.

Especially since the reason/excuse we were given was that it was server/load/technically related and yet If that was enough to cause a financial/technical issue for MA today we would all be seeing 'the sky is falling' threads again.

The armour tiering fee's are a bit crazy given that you have to do 7 pieces but I always worry when MA allows the bar to move with out a way to pull it back,Tiering was a major step in that direction.
Often the remedy hurts more than the holiday was ever worth, so I'm not sure how I feel about it tbh.

The rings are another way MA has 'given up some ground' in terms of eco/defence costs so as much as its fun with no decay atm if the actual decay is set where it 'should' be then there will be another up roar.......maybe that's off topic for today but I wouldn't be surprised to see the rings in here if the decay had been implemented already.

For a game that works very highly on psychology MA really are missing some opportunities to adjust/balance some costs/elements and absorb them if for no reason than to not slap people in the face with them over and over (missed shots :mad: )

Dont know if this one counts. But when buying the new strongboxes you get alot of useless pills, with quite alot of tt value that you cant sell.

So basically how i see it is that MA pretty much Locks your ped, and force you to press consume, and the peds go straight into MA´s account.

Cheers

How did people get by without in Auction House instant transporting..... HMMM I wonder.... Maybe use a MS go to planet and get the stuff that you bought on another planet? Maybe not sure....

You don't have to play the AH fees to transport, they are there if you choose to pay for instant accommodations. Have you never had to pay extra for anything just so you can have it now or sooner, wait I think that is called overnight shipping.... sometimes upwards of 50usd or more.

It all comes down to how badly do you want to get your product this very minute are you willing to pay, that's great for MA and others for your impatience or can you spend the 25 min of your time pay much less and go get it yourself using other services to achieve your goal.

Last edited:
Forcing us to deposit to be as efficient as everyone else, no matter how much you've deposited and skilled in the past.

Excuse a stupid question, but what is Sweat Crates? Where do they come from?

Crafted, or something else?

As for interplanetatary auction: Before (lootable) space it was possible to buy from other planets using a fee ("transport cost"). When lootable space was implemented auction was limited to current planet only. Before other planets, when it was just Calypso and Crystal Palace there was no transport fee.

As for interplanetatary auction: Before (lootable) space it was possible to buy from other planets using a fee ("transport cost"). When lootable space was implemented auction was limited to current planet only. Before other planets, when it was just Calypso and Crystal Palace there was no transport fee.

And before MA got greedy all auction sales fees were at 50 pec. No matter item tt, and MU.

And before MA got greedy all auction sales fees were at 50 pec. No matter item tt, and MU.

Flat fee got changed when people used the auction on CND/asteroid as storage, effectively paying 1 ped/stack/week to store larger piles of mined materials. There was no storage there at the time, the meaning was that players who wanted to store things there should buy apartments to store in.

1 Ped, but that was a very long time ago now.

70 $ fee for a withdrawel with wrong bank details
bullshit low exchange rate when withdrawing into another currency
1000 ped fee when tting something per accident
5000 ped tt to adj restauration chip, even worse when going imp or mod

1 Ped, but that was a very long time ago now.

1 ped? i was sure it was 50 pec. But yes it was long ago before when MA started to get greedy.

Edit: i forgot the "before"

Especially since the reason/excuse we were given was that it was server/load/technically related and yet If that was enough to cause a financial/technical issue for MA today we would all be seeing 'the sky is falling' threads again.

The armour tiering fee's are a bit crazy given that you have to do 7 pieces but I always worry when MA allows the bar to move with out a way to pull it back,Tiering was a major step in that direction.
Often the remedy hurts more than the holiday was ever worth, so I'm not sure how I feel about it tbh.

The rings are another way MA has 'given up some ground' in terms of eco/defence costs so as much as its fun with no decay atm if the actual decay is set where it 'should' be then there will be another up roar.......maybe that's off topic for today but I wouldn't be surprised to see the rings in here if the decay had been implemented already.

For a game that works very highly on psychology MA really are missing some opportunities to adjust/balance some costs/elements and absorb them if for no reason than to not slap people in the face with them over and over (missed shots :mad: )

What I call "nickel and diming", MA calls microtransactions :laugh:

I am not buying rings until the decay thing gets sorted, you could spend a bunch of money and end up with a pig in a poke. It's no skin off MA's nose, they just say its only worth TT, anything you paid over that is your problem. I don't trust them, so I'll pass on rings for now, unless I decide to buy another box to get ammo and get lucky.

Oh, and

(missed shots :mad: )

Fees on debit card deposits.

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/press/press-releases/2015/04/20-capping-fees-card-based-payments/

• for all credit card transactions, 0.3% of the value of the transaction
  • for all debit card transactions, 0.2% of the value of the transaction. However, for domestic debit card transactions, member states may allow a per transaction interchange fee of no more than 5 eurocents in combination with the 0.2% cap. They can do this provided that the sum of interchange fees of the payment card scheme does not exceed 0,2% of the annual transaction value of domestic debit card transactions within each payment card scheme. Moreover, during the first five years of application, member states may apply the 0,2% cap calculated as an annual weighted average of all domestic debit card transactions within each payment card scheme;
  • For domestic payment transactions that are not distinguishable as debit or credit card transactions ("universal cards" transactions), the same cap as that provided for domestic debit cards transactions. However, during the first year of application of the caps, member states may define up to 30% of the domestic "universal cards" transactions as credit card transactions to which the interchange fee cap of 0.3% of the value of the transaction would apply.

New rules but I always found it weird they charged a transaction fee for a virtual currency that they also have a surcharge on for withdrawing.

Last time I deposited I think it was 5% (it has been some time though). I stopped depositing because of the nickel and diming on new 'features'

Last edited:
Honestly just the progression of auction fees. the exponential growth of marking anything over 100TT at 130%+ is just absurd. I think 100tt of ore/mats at 135% will run you something like 3.2 ped now.. which is just dumb IMO.

Really I'd rather they find something else to sink ped than auction fees, although it does encourage more p-to-p trading.

When the package costs more than its content (ESI).

What I call "nickel and diming", MA calls microtransactions :laugh:

I am not buying rings until the decay thing gets sorted, you could spend a bunch of money and end up with a pig in a poke. It's no skin off MA's nose, they just say its only worth TT, anything you paid over that is your problem. I don't trust them, so I'll pass on rings for now, unless I decide to buy another box to get ammo and get lucky.

Oh, and

MA:s microtransactions has the same system as India's microloans established that all could afford to borrow money in India.

The guy who invented the microloans got the Nobel Prize, and we all know that the effect was not as expected --- all became heavily indebted.

Likewise MA call now this " microtransactions" that the game has become cheaper but the effect is probably quite the opposit. that is precisely why they have adopted this system.:twocents:

before the "missed shots" was 8% on a lvl 100 hunter nowdays is "evade by mobs" 12% but you dont miss now days as you did Before --- You lose 4%.:lolup:

To answer about crates of sweat: I believe they (and other crates) can be created in the refiner. AFAIK you can hand in normal uncrated mats on the mission galactica too right now, so I dunno a real function of them at the moment...

I also don't mind 'a' charge for transporting from one planet to another, but THE charge in question, namely 5k sweat crate, is mind blowing :eyecrazy:. Can possibly be beaten for the charge in simply transferring a bought MS deed, but I'm on Caly where an MS is on sale right now, so can't check the ludicrous levels of that transfer!

Anyone on a diff planet care to report back on that one?

Back