Lost my logo

tbarmike

Old
Society
Omerta
Papa TbarMike Smurf
I have encountered a minor annoyance, and I hope someone more knowledgeable can advise me.

Until recently, I used only the Windows Seven administrator account on my pc. I recently reinstalled. This time, I recalled the recommendation to use a standard account (not administrator) for most pc usage, and set up one with the intent to use it.

I had initially installed and downloaded EU on the administrator account.
On switching to the standard account, the client loader exe has lost its logo.

My question is this,

Is there a way to reacquire the logo on my new account.
Its a minor issue, yet since I keep a shortcut on my taskbar, it looks wrong (ugly too).

I miss my Capitol E.

I tried to change the logo in properties, yet had no success. I couldn't even find a logo when digging through the installed files.

I also tried running the installer without uninstalling. It downloaded the latest patch, then ran the patch. still no logo.

Any advice or help would be most welcome.

Thanks

Edit:
Upon switching back to the administrator account, the logo is there.

When using the standard account, the application itself is missing its logo.
The shortcut seems to copy the missing logo, and therefore is missing too.

Last edited:
Have you tried making a new Shortcut from inside the regular account? if it doesn't work try this:

EDIT: Ok, just read your edit. I don't think I can help here :(

You should be able to change the pictogram in properties when you browse to the clientloader executable. On this PC I click properties, change icon, and then on top paste this in the location field: C:\Program Files (x86)\Entropia Universe\bin32\ClientLoader.exe

There should be the icon(s).

Stupid question:
Is Entropia working in your normal user account or did you just install it an complain about the logo?

When the logo is not loading then you do not have permission to access the clientloader.exe as the normal user.
Check the permissions on the whole entropia folder and the dynamic content folder

Stupid question:
Is Entropia working in your normal user account or did you just install it an complain about the logo?

When the logo is not loading then you do not have permission to access the clientloader.exe as the normal user.
Check the permissions on the whole entropia folder and the dynamic content folder

Excellent question

I can launch the client loader and play as normal.

The only abnormality is that on the standard account, the client loader exe had no logo. Otherwise, all is fine.
(Both the client loader within the installation directory and the shortcut to it on my taskbar worked fine.)

I appreciate the answers to my (somewhat irrelevant) question.

In the end, I did a complete uninstall and reinstall.
This seemed to solve my problem, though I don't fully understand the cause (and likely never will).

Most likely it was some quirk of Windows. Perhaps it was a windows bug.

After the reinstall, the logo worked fine on the initial administrator account, the second standard account and a third standard account created to test this.

EU was installed while logged on the standard account (with permission granted from the administrator password).

Again, Thank you

Good Luck and Have Fun:D

Is this irony?

I dismiss the problem, and consider it closed.

Within minutes, I look and see that the logo is again gone from both the exe and the shortcut ?!?!

I just did an iTunes update and two Quicktime updates. Perhaps these might be related to the problem.

I'm going to do some experimenting.

Edit:

The administrator account has the logo on the exe.
A newly created standard account has logo on the exe.

Only the account which I use does not have it.

On the surface, there seems to be a conflict between apple software and EU software.

Remaking a user account is certainly easier then reinstalling EU though.

Gonna experiment more

Last edited:
Back