100% Black/White Master Coat (M) with Urban Nomad Black Outfit

Larkin

Marauder
Society
Brainstormers
Larkin Snipes Smith
Looking for a price check on this outfit. Interested in what people think.

(copied/pasted from my selling thread)

History

This outfit was assembled many years ago by the player 'Dave ozi Epsolon', before retiring his avatar and becoming the CEO of Arkadia Studios, David Dobson.

As part of the 'Guess The Launch Date' competition on Arkadia, the main prize offered was his unique outfit. The original launch day was scheduled for May 24th, 2011, however with a small delay, the official launch date of Arkadia became May 25th, 2011. Zarran kdawg Ovatar (my brother) was the lucky winner of this event with his guess, and we have shared the prize ever since.

Outfit

Master Coat (M,C) - 100% Black and White Fields
Urban Nomad Black Boots (M)
Urban Nomad Black Jumper (M)
Urban Nomad Black Slacks (M)

Pictures

We are looking to sell the outfit as a whole, not as individual pieces.

Check item MV for your Urban Nomad items, they are sold on auction quite frequently.
Your Mastercoat however is a different story.

To be able to make an educated guess you would first have to calculate what it would cost when someone wants to make this coat now. Your coat has 1 black field and 2 white fields, to recreate this you would need:

1 uncolored Mastercoat
323 Black cans + 240 pigment enhancers
646 White cans + 60 pigment enhancers

The costs to craft a new Mastercoat right now are higher then what people are selling their old ones for on auction. You should be able to find one for +400

Mastercoat: 130TT + 400MU = 530PED
Paint: Black 323 * 1.00TT * 200% = 646PED
Paint: White 646 * 0.30TT * 150% = 290.70PED
Pigment enhancers: 300 * 0.01TT * 20000% = 600PED

Total items cost: 2066.70PED
90% TT Returned from coloring 581.4+261.63 +2.7 = 845.73PED
Actual cost: 1220.97 excl. a colorfee for colorer

The problem of coloring with high level colors is the enormous amounts of enhancers needed. This will be the biggest task of all, collecting 300 pigment enhancers! At a normal MV of 2Ped per enhancer you will be searching for months. Even if you go up to 10PED per enhancer you would be busy for weeks. trust me, I tried.

a 2PED per enhancer coat costs : 1220.97 excl. colorfee
a 10PED per enhancer coat costs : 3620.97 excl. colorfee

So,. What is it worth,..

For someone who would otherwise gladly spend 6months on collecting items the value would be ~1220PED. However most of us have got something better to do in EU then look for pigment enhancers all day and would gladly pay a MU for the convenience. A price that would reflect the actual value better would be based on 10PED enhancers wich would make it closer to 3620PED

Since a mastercoat's TT is 130PED, I think TT+3500 is a fair price

Check item MV for your Urban Nomad items, they are sold on auction quite frequently.
Your Mastercoat however is a different story.

[snip]

Since a mastercoat's TT is 130PED, I think TT+3500 is a fair price

Hey Freyr,

Very detailed analysis you have on the master coat and its estimated value. Thank you for taking the time to break it down and explain it to those of us who are unfamiliar with the colouring system! I appreciate it. + rep :)

Back