Question: List of top tamers in EU?

If pet attack decoy instead you it dont fall.
Decoyed pet is still tamable.
Try it.
Maybe on Punyes is too easy but it could be an sollution on big ones to have frends to decoy it in taming process.

*you probably know that we are capped with evade on mobs, you can have twice of kong lvl and he Will still hit you.

Too bad decoys don't work like they used to :rolleyes:

Too bad decoys don't work like they used to :rolleyes:

Well it worked maybe too good but decoy was 1 ped at that time.
But fun is not lost jet, maybe we will be able to see futue whinning threads about Vtol taming once higher lvl tamable mobs will be more common lol.

But fun is not lost jet, maybe we will be able to see futue whinning threads about Vtol taming once higher lvl tamable mobs will be more common lol.

vtol taming might be normal later ... and again it wont help much as u think :laugh:

maybe i should take a video next time i tame a black kong =)

If pet attack decoy instead you it dont fall.
Decoyed pet is still tamable.
Try it.
Maybe on Punyes is too easy but it could be an sollution on big ones to have frends to decoy it in taming process.

*you probably know that we are capped with evade on mobs, you can have twice of kong lvl and he Will still hit you.

sure but if it hits me only half as much as it is now, then it would it work

and about the decoy i can try that on atrox =) ... will let ya know if it works ... but to use it for taming ... i am afraid it would probaly take heaps

Know a few good ones that quit because it took to long before taming got back.

I don't know if people remember, I know you do, but if you got a ninja spawn on you or something from accross the radar agrod you used to be able to drop a decoy and root the mob until you were done killing the mob you were on, or run away and escape off the radar where they would quit chasing you.

Now, mobs barely pay any attention to decoys at all before they are chewing you up again :(

I don't know if people remember, I know you do, but if you got a ninja spawn on you or something from accross the radar agrod you used to be able to drop a decoy and root the mob until you were done killing the mob you were on, or run away and escape off the radar where they would quit chasing you.

Now, mobs barely pay any attention to decoys at all before they are chewing you up again :(

i tested it and it could work ... but heaps of decoys would be needet because they disapear fast :wise:

Profession requirements for pet taming have been changed. Earlier it was possible for anyone to make a taming attempt on any tamable creature, now the tamer has to meet the professional level requirements to be able to affect spirit and respect. Also a user not meeting the profession level requirements for a certain creature cannot make a taming attempt at all.

So in order to tame a level 50 mob you need to be level 50+ tamer?

I'm now 27 tamer/24 handler :)

I'm possibly the lowest level tamer ingame, also willing to sell all pet related skills for TT, your ESI

So in order to tame a level 50 mob you need to be level 50+ tamer?

I'm now 27 tamer/24 handler :)
Pet handler has zero impact on taming. If what this qoute says is true then it's tamer lvl and evader lvl that counts now.
If that's how it works now (needs to be tested before we can be certain!) it's a good move actually. Tamer skills having no real impact in taming made no sense.

Many things do not have sense with taming.
Tamer need HP but taming do not give it.
Also if MA continue on this path that you cant use your whip if mob is higher than your taming skill what is way too drastic solution, then one day they will come with idea that you cant spawn higher lvl pet than your handler lvl.
That could have big impact on pet sales and all RCE thingie and also remove reason to lvl up pet witch cant be sold.
So no much sense in all that.

Dan, not sure that is right, I think it gives both the incentive for people to skill up taming, and also the ability for high level tamers to use a rare and high level product they have spent tinme and money being able to use.

Many things do not have sense with taming.
Tamer need HP but taming do not give it.
Also if MA continue on this path that you cant use your whip if mob is higher than your taming skill what is way too drastic solution, then one day they will come with idea that you cant spawn higher lvl pet than your handler lvl.
That could have big impact on pet sales and all RCE thingie and also remove reason to lvl up pet witch cant be sold.
So no much sense in all that.

u forgot to complain about the need of evade for taming ! ... there u can say aswell that we never got evade from pet skilling ! and now we need a higher evade lvl than tamer ... or dont u know the sacred kong story ? ... bar wise it told me i maxed it , but i was unable to move the respect bar because lvl 45 is to low in evade ... wtf

u forgot to complain about the need of evade for taming ! ... there u can say aswell that we never got evade from pet skilling ! and now we need a higher evade lvl than tamer ... or dont u know the sacred kong story ? ... bar wise it told me i maxed it , but i was unable to move the respect bar because lvl 45 is to low in evade ... wtf

You get evade with taming, you get also agility, dexterity, intelligence, intuition, alertness, and many more just by doing tricks in safe place.
But you need to take a whip and go tame wild ones and then you will get evade and all defence, general and combat skills.
And not on puny tamable ones - too slow.
Get good armor and collect a lot agro mobs like tants or maybe aurli and whip them until you die, train them to turret, repair your armor and collect fresh ones and repeat whipping.
If that is too expensive or too time consuming then buy all general and defense skill chips and chip up lol.
Some of those ofc contribute to build up HP but Animal Lore and Animal Taming don't give like for example handgun or rifle and Taming also don't have hidden unlockable skills.

Last edited:
As with all melee weapons, the whip gives hp via melee combat. If you're a tamer hp and evade will come in the same way as if you were a hunter using swords, no need to complain about that.

I'm now 31 tamer/28 handler

Last edited:
Back