Damage of Eomon and Longtooth

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
Following on from this thread where I've been trying to get accurate damage figures for mobs and work out a way to use the same technique to determine the damage for every mob, I'd like to collect some data from Longtooth and Eomon hunters, since there are an awful lot of them at the moment.

The aim isn't particularly to work out the amounts of damage that Longtooth and Eomon and do themselves, but to use the data to work out some of the details that I need to create the "universal" method.

Anyone who hunts Longtooth or Eomon can help with this, no matter what level. A broad spread of different Evader levels is exactly what I need to make this work. All you need to do is post here when you get an additional damage critical hit from either mob, of any maturity. You need to provide:

• the name (including maturity) and the L number of the mob (in most cases the L number is already available in Creatures so that’s not 100% required but make it's slightly easier for me);
  • the amount of damage that was reduced from the critical hit;
  • your Evader profession level to 4 decimal places (mouse over in the professions window to get this).

Some things you need to be careful of:

• The critical hit must be the additional damage type. Armour penetration crits are not useful here.
  • If you're using any kind of buff that gives a further reduction to critical hits (e.g. Athenic rings or panda pets) please make sure this is stated when you post results. I think buff-free figures will be more useful but collecting data with buffs may help, as long as know what the buff is.
  • You need to be certain of the mob and maturity that hit you, so if you have more than one mob attacking you it may not work, though we might still be able to get useful info if we can eliminate some possibilities.
  • The amount of damage received is not important – only the amount reduced.
  • It doesn’t matter what armour you’re wearing, or if you’re not wearing any armour, that won’t affect the result.
  • If you’re in any doubt that you have it correct, please say so.
  • If you want to post a screenshot so that we can check you’re doing it right, please do.

Thanks in advance to everyone who contributes.

Example:

Longtooth Stalker (L40)
My Evader: 59.7118
Damage reduction: 7.2

That's all we need.

How do you calculate damage reduction figure?

How do you calculate damage reduction figure?

You look at where it says "XXX points of damage reduced" (or similar wording, I forget what it is exactly) and write down the number.

24 hours have passed and not one person has had an additional damage crit from Longtooth or Eomon, quite amazing.

Was team hunting mostly, its hard to stop and collect exact evader etc. I'll get 1 or 2 data points this afternoon

Was team hunting mostly, its hard to stop and collect exact evader etc. I'll get 1 or 2 data points this afternoon

Thank you :) I understand it can be tricky in teams or if you're busy with other things, but when hunting solo without too many other distractions it's very easy to record the required information.

If everyone who has read the thread just posted 2 data points, I'd have an incredibly useful amount of information to work with.

24 hours have passed and not one person has had an additional damage crit from Longtooth or Eomon, quite amazing.

Hello Boss,

I totally understand the importance of the task delegated. In fact I diligently took screen shots last night of the crits I received fully intending to post the data for you last night after donating all of my pedz to MA, but I fell asleep at my keyboard again and woke up with asdfghjkl stuck in my forehead so I had to go to the doctor this morning to have the keys removed. I will get the data to you as soon as I get home from work and fix my keyboard. Hopefully all of the drool will have dried by then.

Respectfully,
Mac

Longtooth Mature (L14)
My Evader: 23.6007
Damage reduction: 3.0

Eomon young L52

49.3676 evader
6.5 damage reduction

Hijacker27

Eomon Dominant L77

49.3717 evader
5.9 damage reduction

Eomon Alpha L80

49.3722 evader
6.0 damage reduction

Eomon Old Alpha L88

49.3731 evader
5.9 damage reduction

longtooth dominant
6.0 damage reduction
evade 26.6458
4% crit redux ring

this is actually quite an important piece of info if others have left it out so far :/

Yes it is, so please remember to include it as stated in the OP.

I'm not sure at the moment how exactly the rings affect the calculations but with enough data I should be able to work it out.

You should be able to see some on my video if you can be bothered to sift through it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IzNwmWA7RY

As for my Evader level, I'm L13 currently but let me confirm that as I may have been L12.8/9 in the video.

Eomon young L52

Evade 39.1893
5.2 damage reduction

Forgive my noob question, I assume by this that evade is the only thing that factors into crit reduction, why doesn't armor not factor into it?

Eomon young L52

Evade 39.1893
5.2 damage reduction

Forgive my noob question, I assume by this that evade is the only thing that factors into crit reduction, why doesn't armor not factor into it?

Because you get these figures when you hunt naked. :)

Because you get these figures when you hunt naked. :)

OK, I went back and read the linked OP: "It doesn’t matter what armour you’re wearing, or if you’re not wearing any armour, that won’t affect the result."

Not saying I understand it yet, just that I read it :laugh:

Two Lvl 40 LTs

I was using Athenic Ring, 4% Evade & 4% Crit reduction

Lvl 32.0357 Evade

Dirk

Thanks to everyone for the numbers!

You should be able to see some on my video if you can be bothered to sift through it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IzNwmWA7RY

As for my Evader level, I'm L13 currently but let me confirm that as I may have been L12.8/9 in the video.

Without the accurate Evader this is not useful sadly.

The reduction is a function of evader level, the mob's L number, and the mob's maximum damage.

I was using Athenic Ring, 4% Evade & 4% Crit reduction

That's a point... I hadn't thought about how the Evade ring might affect this. So please also provide info if using these.

It'd be useful if someone could get a reading on the same maturity mob at roughly the same Evader with and without the ring to see if it changes the reduction.

Last edited:
Without the accurate Evader this is not useful sadly.

I was 13.9 for most of the video. Sorry I was a point out. :D

If/when I get crit again I'll give you more accurate details.

It'd be useful if someone could get a reading on the same maturity mob at roughly the same Evader with and without the ring to see if it changes the reduction.

if the rings don't decay on remove/reequip I will grab a domi datapoint tonight without ring (not sure if they do or not, haven't checked)

fyi my earlier datapoint is with evade/dodge/jam/critredux 4%

[System]: Reduced 1.0 points of armor piercing damage

[System]: Critical hit - armor penetration! You take 32.9 points of damage.

Longtooth Guardian.

I'm at 14.2525 Evader

Back