Chipping out

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Hello,

Today someone approached me asking for 3 PED TT of a certain skill, I would need some help though.

I know that if the leftover part of the esi is too small (below 10 ped right?) you'll get money back instead of an ESI.

If I use the tool on entropedia to determine how much I need to extract for a 3 ped chip (say 37 points) and I then put a 50 ped esi in the tool and extract just 37 points, are there any penalties I need to be aware of?

if the esi is large enough you should get a filled esi, and a esi with the leftover tt
just keep in mind the 10%, but I'm sure you know that, as stated on entropedia esi tt needed vs esi tt on chip.

goodluck

If you do not know, how much will be SI result in TT, you can buy bigger ESI (like 30-50 Pedder) and after using sell it back. Yes, more expensive, but guaranteed result and save ESI as ESI.

Thats why people buy big esi's mostly, is to chip out all the lower skills first so they don't have to worry about the remaining tt being converted to ped....then when it gets close to 10 ped, they just fill it up with something they have enough of to fill it up.

Go here: http://www.entropiawiki.com/SkillCalc.aspx

1. Input your start skill level (your current skill count) in that particular skill.

2. Now input any lower amount of skills on the "End skill level:" box and click "Extract".

3. You will see a message like "Extracting, ESI needed: 23.01 PED, Final chip size: 20.71 PED"

4. Now adjust your end skill level until you see a 3.00 PED final chip size and write down the "end skill level" somewhere.

5. Use an esi of 13.01 PED TT or higher (I recomend a bit higher just to be sure 15-16 ped ESI)

6. Put the ESI in your implant inserter > click it > select the number of skills

7. Now extract Initial skills - end skills (the one number you wrote down). Example: If your start level was 200 and your end level is 150 you need to extract 50 skills on that ESI.

8. You will get the skill implant with your ~3 ped TT and another ESI with the remaining TT.

9. Sell the skill chip, sell the esi.

10. Take a bath in the millions of peddies you just got.

You always lose 10% of the skills you extract, I think that's the only penalty. Where do they go? I don't know... Narnia I guess.

Thats why people buy big esi's mostly, is to chip out all the lower skills first so they don't have to worry about the remaining tt being converted to ped....then when it gets close to 10 ped, they just fill it up with something they have enough of to fill it up.

This is simple and the right way to do it. Small amounts of skills on large ESI, always fill the smaller ones completely.

Back