Boxes (containers): How to calc when to use which container

Smoerble

Elite
Smoerble
Purpose of this document:
When organizing your inventory, you often need to stack many low weight items or you need a place to store very heavy items together.

Summary:
  • Small Box (C) is the cheapest way, but i stores only 10 items, so it's not a good solution for most players.
  • Some vases from Arkadia are the best mix of price, item slots and weight they can carry (check the G!doc for details)
  • For miners, Pitbull MK II (L) (or Spear, if you look for low MU) are the most interesting vehicles: you place your ores in the Pitbull, spawn it on the planet and then click on "Recall all vehicles". This way you have all ores directly in your inventory without TPing back and forth.

The Google can be used:
  • if you want to know, how much you need to pay per slot or which container you need to store [x] kg.
  • You can sort it by "PED per slot", "slot per PED", "kg per PED".
  • It also tells you how much you need to pay to store 500 items or 2000kg. Last info it gives: how many kg will it cost when you get 100 slots.

Link to Google sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12TMKOhIb06iR5eO1ZjnHZfadD2SAQr7gP1a4GwH1J9I/edit?usp=sharing

How to use the google sheet:
Move your mouse over rows F, G H etc and click the small arrow, then choose "Sort Z -> A" (or A to Z) to sort the results.
Column F: the lower the better (you pay less per slot)
Column G and H: the higher, the better (you get more slots or kg for your PEDs)
Column I to J: How much do you need to pay to get 500 slots or to store 2000kg
Column K: if you purchase enough boxes of this line to store 1000 items, your boxes have a total eight of [x] kg.

Additional info:
This document does NOT contain all possible containers. I chose the items below, either because they are used by estate owners, they have a low MU or because they are well known. If you find one outstanding item that is missing here, please contact me in game: Smoerble. Thanks for any input and help!

The MU (Markup) listed in column E (known as TT+ value) is from July 2015. if an item is usally TT food, I used an MU of 5 PEDs.

and easiest and usually best solution: stop collecting so much stuff and use the free money to invest it

nice lost + REP

Didn´t know about the Dehara Tall Uhm or what it is called.
Good storage, only Lykke and McCormik carry more, and its dirt cheap at +30

TY for sharing this info

Edit: Have to spread some first :D

Also, most of the "Lux" ones are anti-gravity too. I have over 100 of them if anyone is looking for some.

You can stack them inside each other to increase the anti-grav factor.

Also, most of the "Lux" ones are anti-gravity too. I have over 100 of them if anyone is looking for some.

If you stack 5 inside each other, do they drift off into outer space? ;)

I like my resettlement boxes, holds 100 items, but they have to be fairly light.

If you stack 5 inside each other, do they drift off into outer space? ;)

I like my resettlement boxes, holds 100 items, but they have to be fairly light.

No matter how many you put inside each other, you can never reach true zero...I forgot the math term for that...

but you can bounce when you walk like on the moon :D

I am confused. It says, it carries max 150kg... no you cannot stack more into them, correct? But you say, it's weight stays the at 1,5kg?

I am confused. It says, it carries max 150kg... no you cannot stack more into them, correct? But you say, it's weight stays the at 1,5kg?

If you have say, 200 bp books like i do..those have a lot of weight when filled with 3000 bps. Put them in a container like a vase or a pitbull.

then put them in 5 boxes, one inside the other.

You bps and containers went from, for example 150 kg down to around 50kg...
150kg x .8 x .8 x .8 x .8 x .8 not exact bc the weight of the boxes, but thats how it works.,

I will try to explain it in another way:

The box itself weigh 1.5kg
You can put max 150kg into it.
But the weigh of the box with 150kg in it will be reduced to 1.5 + (150 *0.8) = 121.5kg

When you put this into another box you have
1.5 + ( 121.5 * 0.8 ) = 98,7kg

Edit:
You can repeate this down to 7.5kg
1.5 + ( 7.5 * 0.8 ) = 7.5kg

I will try to explain it in another way:

The box itself weigh 1.5kg
You can put max 150kg into it.
But the weigh of the box with 150kg in it will be reduced to 1.5 + (150 *0.8) = 121.5kg

When you put this into another box you have
1.5 + ( 121.5 * 0.8 ) = 98,7kg

Edit:
You can repeate this down to 7.5kg
1.5 + ( 7.5 * 0.8 ) = 7.5kg

Seems like a "must have" for equus quad loot smuglers ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Seems like a "must have" for equus quad loot smuglers ;).

When Equus were introduced, I predicted bigger and better antigrav boxes coming... so far, they haven't materialized yet. :scratch2:

Use pitbul mk V as a box.

I wonder if this is a bug. Back in the old days, I thought you couldn't do this.

Or maybe I'm just having EVE flashbacks. :dunno:

Shame we can't spawn our Personal Storage Terminals on the fly. We have Portable TTs and Repair Terminals.

this is nice for the storage junk that cannot be traded, sold or dropped.
atm have 3 handbags full but will now be looking for one container to put them all in!

Back