Free To Lancer
Eruciva An Rimina
Hi all,

Before i ask my question let me write the test i did,

1 hour hunting level 4 & 5 mobs/bots with a 50% skill gain pill
Gained 23% of the laser(hit) skill

1 hour hunting level 8 & 10 mobs/bots with a 50% skill gain pill
Gained 23% of the laser(hit) skill

As one can see there is no difference in the percentage of skill gains:confused::scratch2: or am i doing something wrong here.:scratch2::dunce::confused:
The only thing is that with the higher mobs/bots my ammo went like crazy since i had to use the higher ammo burn rifle to get at least half of their HP down before going for a lower ammo burn rifle.

Loot is better at higher mobs/bots but that's not what i'm after, i just want to level as fast and as best as possible but like the way it is going it will take 5 hours for each level on the laser(hit) skill but that is with a 50% boost pill so without these pills it would be like turtle speed.lol:eyecrazy:

So i ask those who know to help me out here,

Below level 10 of the laser(hit) skill which level mobs/bots is best,
Mobs/Bots level...?

Below level 15 of the laser(hit) skill which level mobs/bots is best,
Mobs/Bots level...?

Below level 20 of the laser(hit) skill which level mobs/bots is best,
Mobs/Bots level...?

Below level 25 of the laser(hit) skill which level mobs/bots is best,
Mobs/Bots level...?

Below level 30 of the laser(hit) skill which level mobs/bots is best,
Mobs/Bots level...?

I am currently at level 10 in laser(hit) skill.;)
Rifles are all laser ones.:D
So any help on how to level skills the fastest and the best way possible if very much appreciated.:yay::yup:
Or is this the best it's gonna get:confused: i hope not.lol
Cheers

Best way i found skilling is useing a high cycle rifle or some other high cycle weapon or tool. You also got to use the right weapon on the right mob. Some mobs i used a high cycle gun on them but because they got tons of hp i never really saw massive skill gains as it was taking a while to chew through the hp. So high cycle weapon and also make sure you get the right balance between killing the mobs very fast but being eco at the same time.

One setup what really worked skill wise but was boring as hell was an xent x3 rifle with a102 on young and medium Traeskeron. Its a cheap setup and the skill gains are no different to when i was useing a bigger rifle on a bigger mob.

Fastest way to increas your skills:
Buy skill implants :wise:

The amount of skill you get is connected to the amount of PEDs you cycle.
So with an small weapon you will get less skills than with a bigger weapon.

In short:
Get the weapon with that you can cycle the most PEDs/h
Also there seems to be a very very small skill bonus for every killed mob.
So mob lvl does not matter, just choose a mob that you can kill fast.

First of all, your sample size is statistically meaningless, considering the number of variables in the system.

That being said, I always assumed that weapon skill gains were related to the amount of uses times the standard amount of damage that the weapon does. Of course, this does not take into account the effects of weapon SIB. Assuming this is true, I would think that skill gains per hour would be better on smaller mobs as you spend less time healing.

I would also think that you should see more skill gains if you use the pills that increase reload speed.

Then again, "It's dynamic".

to the OP: dont worry too much about skilling -- soon you wont even be getting ONE percentage point in your prof level per 6 hour hunt

:thumbup:

I tend to use the calculation:

Lmob(max) == ( (Lhit + Ldmg / 2) + Levd|dod ) / 2

Where:

Lmob = Mob level

Lhit = Your hit ability with the chosen weapon
Ldmg = Your damage ability with the chosen weapon
Levd|dod = Your evader or dodger (depending on your chosen mob) ability

Thanks everyone for all the info.:)

@ slick27,
The right balance is certainly very important.:D
Traeskeron, hunt a few of those when i was around level 7 or so.
Since they are very slow moving it is possible and now it should be even easier without using the high ammo burn rifle.:yup:

@ Vlooe,
Skill implant are like very expensive and almost broken to so it makes no sense for me to buy those.lol
Yes that the levels for mobs does not count but killing them in about 3 to 6 shots is.;)

@ Rumsponge,
The sample was nothing more than a rough layout to go with.;)
And yes on the number of variables in this game and there are many.:confused::scratch2:
Well, i do feel the same about "weapon skill gains were related to the amount of uses times".
Pills that increase reload speed, i do have a few of these and will check it to see if there any difference or not.

@ fred5283,
Thanks for the link and i'll check it out.:D

@ jqkill,
"soon you wont even be getting ONE percentage point in your prof level per 6 hour hunt".:jawdrop:
That is not much of a motivation there and what level are(must above 50 at least) you at so i know when to quit.lol

@ AkiranBlade,
Thanks for that formula, will try it out and see how it goes.;)

What i decided is to try to level to level 18 a.s.a.p for the unlocking of "Ranged Damage Assessment" skill and than just forget all about leveling and just go and hunt some mobs/bots and do lots of missions.:cool:
Since i'm getting 23% skill level with a 50% boost pill and i do have a lot of them i hope it stay that way till about level 18 or so.:yup:
Will let you know when the 23% drops lower but i really hope it not anytime soon.lol

Cheers

the missions will give you options for skill point rewards. check out http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php
That will give you insight into what skills you need to boost for what you want to do, and the percentages
each skill will boost the selected profession. Also check out the mission rewards to decide what you want.
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Mission
Dont forget your defense, evade and dodge to save on fapping and armor decay costs.

the missions will give you options for skill point rewards. check out http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php
That will give you insight into what skills you need to boost for what you want to do, and the percentages
each skill will boost the selected profession. Also check out the mission rewards to decide what you want.
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Mission
Dont forget your defense, evade and dodge to save on fapping and armor decay costs.

Thanks for those links.:)

I really like the last one :yay: since it shows the rewards and that is what can motivate one to get at it.:wtg:
Cheers

my point is not to demotivate, my point is to not worry about it. 2.5 years in the game and I'm just about to hit my first prof level to 50...

Bots..Bots..beep..beep

just forget all about leveling and just go and hunt some mobs/bots and do lots of missions.:cool:

Cheers

Did someone say Bots? :tongue2::clap:

Which ones are you hunting and what set-up are you using? (I'm just nosey and like bots really) :cool:

Good Luck out there and have fun! :yay: :wtg:

my point is not to demotivate, my point is to not worry about it. 2.5 years in the game and I'm just about to hit my first prof level to 50...

It is of no problem, it was just a way of writing my reply that i found funny.;)
Gratz on the L50.:wtg::cheer::bowdown:
Cheers

Did someone say Bots? :tongue2::clap:

Which ones are you hunting and what set-up are you using? (I'm just nosey and like bots really) :cool:

Good Luck out there and have fun! :yay: :wtg:

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm to hunt bots too which is cool and being nosey is fine.:yay: :wtg:

For now i'm sticking to the L4 & 5 ones since they give me the same skill percentage as the L8 to 12 ones BUT it also saves me a whole lot of ammo.:tongue2:

At this moment i'm using the Adjusted Harrier Armor set from the 3rd starters package which is more than enough but i did put plates(penetration & burn) in it so i don't need to worry about my HP so i can just hunt hunt and hunt some more.:cool:

And since when are you playing EU if may ask, now i'm being nosey.lol

Cheers

Don't care too much about your skills, just take it as it comes and enjoy the game down the road. Fast skilling takes a lot of money, slow skilling less, or in other words being eco and hunting under your comfort zone makes skilling slow.
I'm playing for over 10 years now and just recently unlocked Coolness. Many others have surpassed me and you can do the same in 2-3 years. Just a word of advice, I've seen many leaving the game too. Set reasonable goals for yourself and don't get disappointed if you aren't at a level at the end of the year when you'de wish you'de been.

Don't care too much about your skills, just take it as it comes and enjoy the game down the road. Fast skilling takes a lot of money, slow skilling less, or in other words being eco and hunting under your comfort zone makes skilling slow.
I'm playing for over 10 years now and just recently unlocked Coolness. Many others have surpassed me and you can do the same in 2-3 years. Just a word of advice, I've seen many leaving the game too. Set reasonable goals for yourself and don't get disappointed if you aren't at a level at the end of the year when you'de wish you'de been.

Thanks for your concerns and i do have a reasonable goal.;)
Cool that you have unlock Coolness, gratz on that.:wtg:
Just wanted to know what is possible and if i where going at it the right way.:scratch2:
My goal is to get to level 18 as fast as i can to unlock the Ranged Damage Assessment skill and from that level i'll take it as it comes.
So i hope to have that at the end of this year which should be doable unless the skills percentage goes down even more(soon) and if it does so i'll just forget about the goal completely.;)
But i won't go for skills implants because of their prices which makes no sense since they have like just a few peds left in them.
For the ped amount of one i can have a whole bunch of fun in that's for sure.:eyecrazy::cool:
Cheers

Thanks for your concerns and i do have a reasonable goal.;)
Cool that you have unlock Coolness, gratz on that.:wtg:
Just wanted to know what is possible and if i where going at it the right way.:scratch2:
My goal is to get to level 18 as fast as i can to unlock the Ranged Damage Assessment skill and from that level i'll take it as it comes.
So i hope to have that at the end of this year which should be doable unless the skills percentage goes down even more(soon) and if it does so i'll just forget about the goal completely.;)
But i won't go for skills implants because of their prices which makes no sense since they have like just a few peds left in them.
For the ped amount of one i can have a whole bunch of fun in that's for sure.
:eyecrazy::cool:
Cheers

Besides that, there are no loot events implanting a chip. :wise:

(However, if money is no object, then you can just gobble chips to get to where you want to be as fast as you want to get there. Or, better yet, just buy an avatar that is already there. Kind of like going to the web store and buying an uber avatar. I'm sure that is on MAs list of things to put on the web store someday :laugh: )

Besides that, there are no loot events implanting a chip. :wise:

(However, if money is no object, then you can just gobble chips to get to where you want to be as fast as you want to get there. Or, better yet, just buy an avatar that is already there. Kind of like going to the web store and buying an uber avatar. I'm sure that is on MAs list of things to put on the web store someday :laugh: )

LOL, just buy a Uber avatar.:eyecrazy:
I do not mind to spent some cash but to buy something like that takes away all the fun of the game.
Of course everyone must do what feels good to them so if it is fish & chips or to buy a Uber avatar i'll say go for it.lol:wtg:
Sometimes to work hard for something makes one proud & happy of ones achievements which is something that can not be bought.;)
Cheers

Back