Question: Quick mining question

DistantSun

Old Alpha
Society
The Ancients
Adrian DistantSun Jones
Quick question about mining.

I see people doing mining in two ways:

• Drop probe and carry on running then drop another while still running and so one.
  • Stand still and drop a probe after the finder has finished run to the next spot then stand still and repeat
I have tried both methods and tend to find that when I do option 1 the claim is relatively close to my current location

It almost feels like the mininf finder is looking at my current location rather than where I dropped the probe.

So was wondering:
  1. Which option do others do and why
  2. Do you find when running you are close to any claim that you find of if you have ran way past it

Im usually running, and it sometimes appears next to me, sometimes not...I see no correlation personally

Mining is generally: Drop probes as fast as possible without overlap to maximize ped turnover.

At least for most players going for higher markup. Mining can generally be very slow, but it really doesn't matter how you mine so long as you're not overlapping your drops. I prefer to hop 110-120m from spot to spot using my vtol, but once again just a preference. (ps.. using vtol to lose mob agro when mining is an exploit, don't do it.)

I don't play for hours on end, so I need to be able to burn a lvl5 amp or two in under an hour.

Dont really think its an exploit to escape a mob in your vtol unless your actually killing it.....nothing wrong with a cheeky getaway, but using your vtol as armour is a nono.

(ps.. using vtol to lose mob agro when mining is an exploit, don't do it.)

I don't play for hours on end, so I need to be able to burn a lvl5 amp or two in under an hour.

Epic shit lolz :lolup:

I don't mine that much, but I stop and drop. I have never understood the ones running and dropping, it can be a long way to go back if they find something behind them and also a bit harder to keep track on where you dropped the probe.

Last edited:
Sorry guys but.

Please stay on topic lol

I ride/fly between drops, allmost never actually running. Standing to drop a probe would result in lowest turnover.

I don't mine that much, but I stop and drop. I have never understood the ones running and dropping, it can be a long way to go back if they find something behind them and also a bit harder to keep track on where you dropped the probe.

Given that the majority of drops give NRF, standing around waiting wastes more time. Its annoying to have to run back 100m especially when you're mining unamped and going back for a size II claim but overall it's quicker.

I've tried vtol mining but it just annnoys me and doesn't seem to be any faster. I guess having 104 agility helps with running mining though, maybe the vtol system is good if u don't run very fast.

My favorite way to mine was to alternate between dropping or and enmatter but this was totally ruined when they merged the finders :mad:

Given that the majority of drops give NRF, standing around waiting wastes more time. Its annoying to have to run back 100m especially when you're mining unamped and going back for a size II claim but overall it's quicker.

I've tried vtol mining but it just annnoys me and doesn't seem to be any faster. I guess having 104 agility helps with running mining though, maybe the vtol system is good if u don't run very fast.

My favorite way to mine was to alternate between dropping or and enmatter but this was totally ruined when they merged the finders :mad:

Yeah I can understand the speed thing, I'm just not prioritizing the turn over. But I can guess that those who mine a lot and want maximum turnover/hour use that tactic. I only use vehicles when going a between "bad areas" and searching for areas with resources.

Back