Looking for Armor for Eomon

Mac

Marauder
Mannanan Mac y Lir
I'm looking for a decent Male armor set for Eomon. I'm on 500/1k mission now and still have a ways to go and want to work on them while they are here.

I bought a set of Perseus and it was great, and probably a little more than I needed, but even with Durability Enhancers I only got through about 600 Eomon youngs before it started un-equiping itself :laugh:

The demand for L sets reduces availability and increases the MU which tend to drive me toward UL armor, but I am not averse to L set if I can get replacement parts as needed at a decent MU.

I've tried giving it a go with my T3 Gremlin+5B and fapper using a mod-2600, but it is really pushing the realm of possibility. I'll get a big hit, and before I can get healed up, the next hit will be a big big crit and I'll end up making a lot more trips to the revive terminal than I would prefer. I didn't have a problem with crits using the Perseus+5B, but full crits with the gremlin were just a bit over my hp to recover from.

HP: 200
Evade: 39.1893
DPS: 104 (according to entropedia ~ T8 RS+full dmg enhancers and oc204) +T3 Arso chip (whatever that adds +17.4?.)
HPS: 48.60 (mod-2600 , I miss my old imp fap but I'm not going to spend that kind of money for a fap any time soon)

I was thinking Angel may be an option, I used to have a set and it worked pretty good for most mobs and bots and could be plated decently enough for the other stuff, and was pretty cheap to repair, but I am not sure about the current prices on that.

Price? I don't know, I don't want to spend A LOT (for me), I could reasonably do up to around 15k but over that I start to question what little sanity I have left.

I'm open to suggestions on what's working for you, sets and prices, etc.

TIA,
Mac

Note: I wasn't sure where to put this post, I was originally going to put it in the Buyer section but was afraid any conversation would be deleted by the mods, so its like a buying thread, but I would prefer people be able to provide input.

Last edited:
Aquila(L) has same protection v eomon as angel and it's only about 140% so you might want to try that before forking out on a U set of angel. I've done around 700 kills and decayed my set about half way (800tt full set) using marine stalker & mace V +amp VII tier 3.

Reactions: Mac
try antivirus.. that should work for you

Aquila(L) has same protection v eomon as angel and it's only about 140% so you might want to try that before forking out on a U set of angel. I've done around 700 kills and decayed my set about half way (800tt full set) using marine stalker & mace V +amp VII tier 3.

Thanks, what's the availability like?

try antivirus.. that should work for you

Thanks, I really wasn't aware of that armor until just recently, those stats are great for Eomon, what's the current mu and availability like, price of a full set? I got the impression it was in short supply, but I haven't really shopped for it yet.

Thanks, what's the availability like?

Auk usualy has some in his shop/appartment, or i could sell u my half tt set if u want to try it out. I could also make u a full set but that might entail a trip to arkadia and maybe even mining for resources.

i think anti-virus is looted in RT instances, so it's availability is a bit sparse at times.

Auk usualy has some in his shop/appartment, or i could sell u my half tt set if u want to try it out. I could also make u a full set but that might entail a trip to arkadia and maybe even mining for resources.

i think anti-virus is looted in RT instances, so it's availability is a bit sparse at times.

Thanks again, let me know what you want for that half tt aquila set. I might want to try that out to see how those c/s/i stats work for me since its close to a lot of other sets with similar stats.

The best way is to hire a faper and go naked.
If you are going for smaller ones there are a bunch of guys with the Mod EK 2350 that will only charge decay.
Decay per hour is way less than you would spend on any armor.
Even if you are going for the big ones, a mod fap is only 60 per hour

Yesterday I did almost 3 hours of Mulmum elite naked with a mod ek 2350 and cost me less than 100 ped ( minus tip)

The best way is to hire a faper and go naked.
If you are going for smaller ones there are a bunch of guys with the Mod EK 2350 that will only charge decay.
Decay per hour is way less than you would spend on any armor.
Even if you are going for the big ones, a mod fap is only 60 per hour

Yesterday I did almost 3 hours of Mulmum elite naked with a mod ek 2350 and cost me less than 100 ped ( minus tip)

That's basically what I tried to do with my Gremlin, but I am short some hp to pull it off. The 200+ crits get me, and they happen pretty often in that Gremlin. I know that's the price I am paying for hunting above my level. The most I was getting in Perseus was 180 iirc but that was rare and I was always fapped out of it no problem.

I did the first mission for Mulmum out there, it seemed to me they didn't hit as hard or crit as much or high as eomon young so I could get away with it on them. I was able to kill them with my mod 2600 by myself, it was a struggle but I did it a few times just to see if I could before I got a fapper.

As a fapper offering adj fap @ 10 ped/hr plus decay (fap/amor/tp/broken enhancers@300%) My hunters costs on eomon young-old are running ~20-25 ped/hr. with a few outliers. 18 low, 30 high
I also use a 3% or 5% Thori helm.

Armor range on hunters:

Viceroy +2A, Gremlin & Ghost 5B on the low side (heal enhancer T4, higher avg costs)

Angel, Tiger, Vain, Martial (L), Liakon, Phantom, Mayhem. etc. +5B on the better side (seldom use enhancers)

Personal opinion of the new Heal-over-time. They show great average recovery for hits, but mobs don't do damage-over-time. They hit in bursts which need an instant heal from the fapper.

Except for the few hunters who are pushing the envelope with low health & low armor, normal hits are recovered from, and many crits less then full are covered as well; sometimes with a burst heal from the hunter.

If you need a bit more armor, add in some armor enhancers. They have low mu, and last a while.

I have T3 tiger set and with MOD ek-2600 healer don't need to use plates (eomon youngs).

Last edited:
As a fapper offering adj fap @ 10 ped/hr plus decay (fap/amor/tp/broken enhancers@300%) My hunters costs on eomon young-old are running ~20-25 ped/hr. with a few outliers. 18 low, 30 high
I also use a 3% or 5% Thori helm.

Armor range on hunters:

Viceroy +2A, Gremlin & Ghost 5B on the low side (heal enhancer T4, higher avg costs)

Angel, Tiger, Vain, Martial (L), Liakon, Phantom, Mayhem. etc. +5B on the better side (seldom use enhancers)

Personal opinion of the new Heal-over-time. They show great average recovery for hits, but mobs don't do damage-over-time. They hit in bursts which need an instant heal from the fapper.

Except for the few hunters who are pushing the envelope with low health & low armor, normal hits are recovered from, and many crits less then full are covered as well; sometimes with a burst heal from the hunter.

If you need a bit more armor, add in some armor enhancers. They have low mu, and last a while.

Thanks for the info, good little summary from your field experience.

Most of my Gremlin is T3, with a few pieces of T2 and I have defense enhancers in all.

I really like my mod2600, it works for most situations really good most of the time, but like you wrote, its just the big bursts that are a challenge. I can take most of the big crits that are under my total HP and it can get me out of it. The problem is taking a huge crit and then another crit or big hit right after that are hard to dig out of.

Since a new bigger fap is out of the question at this point, and trying to coordinate my schedule with someone that has one is problematic, improving my armor seems to be the best solution. Now whether that is L or UL I am not sure, it depends on the options, I don't think I need to go A LOT better, just enough to survive these right now.

I have T3 tiger set and with MOD ek-2600 healer don't need to use plates (eomon youngs).

Thanks for the info!

Armor advisor shows 62.25 average dmg, and 97 max with that setup.

I wonder what a set of Tiger (M) goes for these days?

If you can't kill it in gremlin, you should not be killing it solo.

Either team up or get a high end fapper if you want the mission done.

Otherwise, skill up and finish next year!

Thanks for the input! Is that, non-tiered gremlin with no plates?

I'm closer this year than last, no doubt it should be easier next year :)

I think I got this figured out now.

My Gremlin harness tiered up to 4.0 now with 4 defense enhancers and pulsar 5 plates it is up to 46 impact. I'ts working fine with my mod2600 fapper. I just tiered my fap to t1 so that will help. I got pulsar 5 plates for the rest of my set, a mix of 3 pieces tier 2, 3 pieces tier 3. Now I get hits from 7 to 77 max regular damage, and 153 max crits so far after a few hours of play, which is fine.

Now if MA would fix their damn lag I won't randomly die every 15 minutes from a barrage of 20 hits all at once! :mad:

Back