PC: Fido

Rumsponge

Elite
Ben Rumsponge Rumson
The other day, I got a Legendary Fido Pet from a strongbox. I know others exist, but I haven't seen any for sale yet. It has the Decreased Crit Damage Buff. He's fully fed and now at level 2.

If anyone has an idea what it is worth, I'd appreciate some input.

Last edited:
When is buff unlocked? at what cost? and how beneficial will the buff be?

My gues would be 5-10 ped.

Cheers

When is buff unlocked? at what cost? and how beneficial will the buff be?

According to the table Falagor put together, it looks like there are only two pets that have this buff, the Epic Panda and the Legendary Fido.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?272244-List-of-passive-buffs-on-pets

As far as I can tell, the panda unlocks it at 18, but Fido unlocks it at 20. However, the chart shows that the panda has a slightly higher metabolic rate.

Unlock cost- 10.00 ped + 40 Essence + 1 Rare Essence

?!?

According to the table Falagor put together, it looks like there are only two pets that have this buff, the Epic Panda and the Legendary Fido.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?272244-List-of-passive-buffs-on-pets

As far as I can tell, the panda unlocks it at 18, but Fido unlocks it at 20. However, the chart shows that the panda has a slightly higher metabolic rate.

Unlock cost- 10.00 ped + 40 Essence + 1 Rare Essence

?!?

Ok well then it unlocks at lvl 20, and its lvl 2 at the moment? Will propably cost a small fortune to get it to lvl 20.

The decreased crit dmg is 2% acording to your link? Or did i get soemthig wrong?

But my estimate is only based on pet affect. Not rarity of pet or how cool it may look, wich may be worth alot more.

Not sure how long it will take to get him to lvl 20.

My epic panda has reached lvl 4 pretty quickly and all I do let it follow me around and occasionally do some tricks when it reaches full focus. Obviously, skilling slows down as they get higher level, but I have no idea how much. If a skilled trainer sees this, maybe they can comment?

As far as the crit decrease, my opinion is that it is the only useful one of the passive buffs. But maybe that's just me?

Not sure how long it will take to get him to lvl 20.

My epic panda has reached lvl 4 pretty quickly and all I do let it follow me around and occasionally do some tricks when it reaches full focus. Obviously, skilling slows down as they get higher level, but I have no idea how much. If a skilled trainer sees this, maybe they can comment?

As far as the crit decrease, my opinion is that it is the only useful one of the passive buffs. But maybe that's just me?

Yes pet lvl gaining slow down the higher they get :)

But correct me if im wrong here. 2% crit decrease meens if im out hunting, and a mob hit me a crit hit of 100 dmg, i only recieve 98 dmg with fido on my side?
And thats after spending alot of Money (and i know this for a fact), gettting it to lvl 20 and unlocking the buff.

Im not much into pets at all, but in my opinion this is one of the least usefull buffs i have heard of.

NOTE: Its only critical dmg hits, and not every hit u get 2% less.

I'm not much into pets at all, but in my opinion this is one of the least usefull buffs i have heard of.

Well, to me, all of the pet buffs seem pretty useless. At least this one will actually contribute something to a hunter. I guess I would like to hear an explanation of how any of the other passive buffs are useful at all.

I guess if people are paying thousands of PEDs for the epic panda and this one is rarer, has a slower metabolism and the same buffs, then this one ought to be worth even more, right? Maybe people are just buying the panda because it's cuter? I don't know.

Cheers

Hahahaha nice guess!

There was only a hand full looted and nobody seems to want to sell
There was one for sale on the #trade channel for 1500 and when I pm'd he already had received 3 PMs and sold it, so im guessing that was cheap.

And the monkey with 3% is for sale for 7500

Hahahaha nice guess!

There was only a hand full looted and nobody seems to want to sell
There was one for sale on the #trade channel for 1500 and when I pm'd he already had received 3 PMs and sold it, so im guessing that was cheap.

And the monkey with 3% is for sale for 7500

Oh wow didnt know that. But like i said my gues was only based on the actuall usage of the buff. And not how cute it looks, wich aparently is worth alot more. Or can you explain how 2% less crit dmg is worth that much?

Oh wow didnt know that. But like i said my gues was only based on the actuall usage of the buff. And not how cute it looks, wich aparently is worth alot more. Or can you explain how 2% less crit dmg is worth that much?

Tbh I have no idea how the price of pet works related to the buff, since even the L rings give more than that without nutrio.
Maybe its hopes that Legendary will be better at Compets.

Tbh I have no idea how the price of pet works related to the buff, since even the L rings give more than that without nutrio.

That is one of the reasons that I started this thread.

With my luck, I'll sell the thing and find out that it dominates the Compets ring and is worth ten times as much. Or that higher levels unlock the hidden Cloak of Invulnerability buff.

But if I keep it, MA will suddenly spawn Double Secret Existential Ghost Frog pets and this thing becomes worthless.

Things like this never seem to accidentally work in my favor.

What i have understanded sofar is that compet wont have anything to with EU, other then u can buy the compet deeds in the game. But besides that i dont think EU pets and Compets has anything to with eachother. Or is stated different somewhere else?

Will those be related to Compets or not, we're still waiting for Battle Arenas - check out the Stage 3 section.

Oh missed that i see. But says early 2015 so expect that to come late 2017. And the Pictures shown there are mobs that, to my knowledge are not tamable, or yet atleast. But will be fun to have such mob batles for sure.

But dont expect Fido will last long against Kingfishers, Cersumons or Feffoids to mention a few examples from the Pictures.

But ill end my discussion here. This was simply my opinion on what Fido is worth.

GL on sale. Cheers.

That is one of the reasons that I started this thread.

With my luck, I'll sell the thing and find out that it dominates the Compets ring and is worth ten times as much. Or that higher levels unlock the hidden Cloak of Invulnerability buff.

But if I keep it, MA will suddenly spawn Double Secret Existential Ghost Frog pets and this thing becomes worthless.

Things like this never seem to accidentally work in my favor.

Welcome to my world :laugh:

Pets are very expensive at the moment due to the price of nutrio bars. But costs is not a consideration to the buyer, savings is. For the seller the costs are important. According to Crone these are not alligned right now. Therefore Crone would not spend more than 5 ped on any pet, if at all. Although his panda is getting more food than that. ;)

Hi,
I sell Fido tell me offer
thx

Silas says they are worth 5-10 PEDs. I will happily offer you that.

Otherwise you could go make your own thread in the SELLING section. :eyecrazy:

Back