WTH is happening nowadays?

DiXeCZ

Guardian
Society
CZSK Crows
Lady Mia87 Skullcrusher
Hey folks

Firstly I have to warn you this is partly whining tread (I am sorry for that :cool: ) and partly "give me your opinion" tread.
I have been playing EU since 2009 with only one year pause, but something like this has never happened to me before. Yes, I am not hardcoore depositer :scratch2: , but I also have never been playing EU at high level (like killing high level mobs or mining with big amps) of course mainly to avoid big loses. I know I pay for fun but I decline to pay for hazard which by my opinion EU had never been (if you knew your limits and spend PEDs with wisely :wise: ) till now. But obviously not anymore! My loot and mining spread sheets shows atm 24 runs in a row which ended in red numbers (even with MU). I am not talking about +-90% return. Most of them are 65-75% of TT spent :eyecrazy: . Which in hell is not normal for long term! I am hunting pretty eco with A106 and CDF guns suited to my lvl, mining mostly unamped or lvl 3 and trying to avoid low MU ores. I tried everything, to have pause, to change mining/hunting if one of them goes bad, mine pyrite in PVP4 (not worked for me) etc. Moreover, lately after a short break (about 1,5 month of not playing) I deposited 1000 PEDs and gone to Planet Arkadia (I was told that there are better returns in hunting than on Calypso – WRONG!) firstly it was 66% return of TT spent and then second hunt was great with 150% of TT return and then it starts all over again: 55%, 71%, 53% and 54% TT returns in a row. WTH is that??! I am becoming really afraid to log in and circle remaining PEDs now! And that is not fun anymore at all. Not mentioning that I have never got anything worth mentioning (biggest so far is 302 PEDs argonaut young) and have never had any mining global at all!
Actualy, I did write couple of cases to support centre, but ansfer was always the same: "Nothing is wrong with your loots and everything is in absolutly perfect state keep playing!" :mad:

What did I do wrong? Why does MA punish me like that? :(
Please give me your advices or suggestions, every of them are welcome!

Sincerely,
Mia

Last edited:
I don't think one planet gives better returns than another. But perhaps the loot MU is better on one planet? (I ain't gonna claim which one though)

Hey, u did nothing wrong. It's enviroment in which you trying to make things.
Simply there are less and less people in game depositing less money. Cost cutting performed by MA is simply to slow in comparison to decreasing their net sales. Under such conditions MA need urgently fix budget hole. They do that short term by increase player taxation , eternal events and introducing new systems and activities demanding deposits.
You are just one of victims of that increased taxation.

Kikki KJ Jikki: There is absolutely nothing which could possibly compensate 30% loses of TT (except uber ul items - but they are not dropping from middle mobs anyway)

Shoti: Bad to hear that. Thus there is nothing to do agains that :( sigh. I cannot belive that :(

How long are your typical runs? And what do you typically hunt?

1 run = whole TT of A106 + corresponding ammo of weapon + armor and healing costs = atm is it around 365 peds/run circled (making 30% loss = 109 peds and 45% loss = 146 peds)

It takes aprox 45 minutes - 1h and 15 minutes depending on buffs and necessity to heal myself.

I prefer stick to mobs with high % oils. So my typical mobs on Caly were molisks/atraxes/drones/allophyls/kerberos/feffoids - always small maturities and depending on animal oil MU

Hey folks

Firstly I have to warn you this is partly whining tread (I am sorry for that :cool: ) and partly "give me your opinion" tread.
I have been playing EU since 2009 with only one year pause, but something like this has never happened to me before. Yes, I am not hardcoore depositer :scratch2: , but I also have never been playing EU at high level (like killing high level mobs or mining with big amps) of course mainly to avoid big loses. I know I pay for fun but I decline to pay for hazard which by my opinion EU had never been (if you knew your limits and spend PEDs with wisely :wise: ) till now. But obviously not anymore! My loot and mining spread sheets shows atm 24 runs in a row which ended in red numbers (even with MU). I am not talking about +-90% return. Most of them are 65-75% of TT spent :eyecrazy: . Which in hell is not normal for long term! I am hunting pretty eco with A106 and CDF guns suited to my lvl, mining mostly unamped or lvl 3 and trying to avoid low MU ores. I tried everything, to have pause, to change mining/hunting if one of them goes bad, mine pyrite in PVP4 (not worked for me) etc. Moreover, lately after a short break (about 1,5 month of not playing) I deposited 1000 PEDs and gone to Planet Arkadia (I was told that there are better returns in hunting than on Calypso – WRONG!) firstly it was 66% return of TT spent and then second hunt was great with 150% of TT return and then it starts all over again: 55%, 71%, 53% and 54% TT returns in a row. WTH is that??! I am becoming really afraid to log in and circle remaining PEDs now! And that is not fun anymore at all. Not mentioning that I have never got anything worth mentioning (biggest so far is 302 PEDs argonaut young) and have never had any mining global at all!
Actualy, I did write couple of cases to support centre, but ansfer was always the same: "Nothing is wrong with your loots and everything is in absolutly perfect state keep playing!" :mad:

Sincerely,
Mia

You defo aint the only one lol i pretty much cycled 50% of max loot on life scanner 1 this month with pretty much no hof and about 3 globals. Mining i had 3 claims out of 1200 ped give or take 1 global of 50 something ped. hunting was okish but nothing to get really excited about after the above :rolleyes:

Have had several of those "killer streaks" over the years. Left the game for 2 years after one. If that's your 1st you're lucky.
I call it Going through the valley of death. Why is this ingame? I have no idea.
Then again, i have no idea why those are in RL either...

Its not first. I had it like twice before. But before I was only student which could not afford to deposit more money. But my budget then was way smaller than it was now so it didnt took that much time and runs to lose it and honestly it didnt hurt that much.

MA is using every possible way to zero our ped cards in hope for some depositing, like a player with lvl 29 laser sniper dmg get 6 evade in a row from a L1 mob. And this trully happened, so don't be alarmed with big number of frags even in big mobs.

1 run = whole TT of A106 + corresponding ammo of weapon + armor and healing costs = atm is it around 365 peds/run circled (making 30% loss = 109 peds and 45% loss = 146 peds)

It takes aprox 45 minutes - 1h and 15 minutes depending on buffs and necessity to heal myself.

I prefer stick to mobs with high % oils. So my typical mobs on Caly were molisks/atraxes/drones/allophyls/kerberos/feffoids - always small maturities and depending on animal oil MU
So, what mobs did you try on Ark? I've been on Ark for a few months now and while I can't say I'm profiting, my returns are along the general line... hovering around 90%. This is what I'm willing to pay for entertainment. What I do is change mobs after 3 runs (100 PED ammo). I go for low mobs for a while and then come back to "regular" mobs that I can hunt at my level. I'm half way through Stage 3 Halix mission; 5 runs (10 PED ammo for this mob) or so (~ 50-60PED ammo+about 20PED in decay... and I'm around 75 PED return.
Don't get me wrong, I hate it when I have to scale down but I think change is necessary from time to time. Also, it's not unheard of that you go through a "dark" period right now and it's very frustrating; my advice would be to do some low level mob missions for a little while as even if you loose, the value is so low that it won't impact your PED card a lot.

Good luck!

1) You're hunting/mining/crafting way out of your budget (ie. 5000 kills/drops/clicks)
2) You got really lucky in the past, and now you're evening out to 90%
3) you're really uneco or hunting with some UL non-sib pos.
4) Just keep shooting
5) Chip out, withdrawal, contact support and tell them you're convinced your avatar is bugged and you cannot seem to get good results, have them delete avatar, and tell them you're making a new one.

I've seen a couple of people actually go with route 5 over the course of the years.. Either because of superstition or even to change sex. If you're polite and stay in contact with support they'll let you make a new account. General rules is 1 account per person, so by deleting the old one it's not really an alt.

MA is using every possible way to zero our ped cards in hope for some depositing, like a player with lvl 29 laser sniper dmg get 6 evade in a row from a L1 mob. And this trully happened, so don't be alarmed with big number of frags even in big mobs.

Only because u know kind of nothing about game dont post some 'random' data n tell others system is fucked up. What u should do is run entropia life tracker app and tell me if after 10k shots ur hitrate is at 90% or not. U can have 10 evades in a row (never seen but possible) and u surely had a streak of 100-200 shots without a single evade.

Hey folks

Sincerely,
Mia

Hey, I have a few tips and tricks that might be usefull if you really want to listen :) (Im shooting alot and doing ok)

Then contact me ingame and we can talk about it

//Aurora Linzey Zamperath

Deposited $150 (£100) on 14th July 2015, not hunted in quite a few months, but thought I'd give it a go.

Ran 600+ on Lt's "no globals" on depo day.

Left it a few days, logged in again yesterday 17th July 2015
LT's again, this time 2 globals (146 pedder +55 pedder).

Decided to switch to CP get off the event mobs as still losses.
Run 600 or so up there, one global 76 ped kretlin a few mobs in, then nothing after.

Today hunted some more on CP "no globals", came back to Caly, ran a couple of hours on LT's "no globals"

I have 600 ped left from 1500 ped deposit, only done a few hours hunting.
Hunting with unlimited VI combustive chips and unl VII heal chip, grem and 5bs

I thought I might pop something as I ticked over to 8700 Anatomy, but nahh.
I guess almost Level 75 pyro and level 49 Evader is worthless.

I'd say the game is in complete desperate state of affairs, and I would advice everyone to pull out as much cash as they can before it all goes pop. I've never seen things so bad, ever.

I have no more excuses for these fools that run the game, they've had 10 years+ to try and work out how to provide entertainment, yet still fail on an epic scale.

I may give them one more chance when the pet fighting comes in and try Compet, other than that the CEO would have to get down on his knees and beg for forgiveness before I consider giving these idiots anymore cash. Which is a shame because I can afford to pay if they entertain me. But they're obviously only interested in exploitation at the highest level.

If you carry on paying in here, you stupid fools simple as that. Sell what you got and take your cash out as soon as possible.

What to do with the remaining 600 ped? I'd let the them keep the last 600 if I can film ramming a steel pole up the CEO's arse and post it on you tube. Ball in their court on that one I guess.

Rick

Reactions: Mac
Deposited $150 (£100) on 14th July 2015, not hunted in quite a few months, but thought I'd give it a go.

Ran 600+ on Lt's "no globals" on depo day.

Left it a few days, logged in again yesterday 17th July 2015
LT's again, this time 2 globals (146 pedder +55 pedder).

Decided to switch to CP get off the event mobs as still losses.
Run 600 or so up there, one global 76 ped kretlin a few mobs in, then nothing after.

Today hunted some more on CP "no globals", came back to Caly, ran a couple of hours on LT's "no globals"

I have 600 ped left from 1500 ped deposit, only done a few hours hunting.
Hunting with unlimited VI combustive chips and unl VII heal chip, grem and 5bs

I thought I might pop something as I ticked over to 8700 Anatomy, but nahh.
I guess almost Level 75 pyro and level 49 Evader is worthless.

I'd say the game is in complete desperate state of affairs, and I would advice everyone to pull out as much cash as they can before it all goes pop. I've never seen things so bad, ever.

I have no more excuses for these fools that run the game, they've had 10 years+ to try and work out how to provide entertainment, yet still fail on an epic scale.

I may give them one more chance when the pet fighting comes in and try Compet, other than that the CEO would have to get down on his knees and beg for forgiveness before I consider giving these idiots anymore cash. Which is a shame because I can afford to pay if they entertain me. But they're obviously only interested in exploitation at the highest level.

If you carry on paying in here, you stupid fools simple as that. Sell what you got and take your cash out as soon as possible.

What to do with the remaining 600 ped? I'd let the them keep the last 600 if I can film ramming a steel pole up the CEO's arse and post it on you tube. Ball in their court on that one I guess.

Rick

Why in the world would you hunt LT and Krets with a 1.5k pedcard? Do this and YOU WILL LOSE... unless you happen to get lucky and hit a big hof or something to keep you afloat. These days a 1.5k ped card is good enough to hunt small kerbs and argo young, at best... What you need is ped float, and to hunt within your budget. I'm sorry, but 600 kills on LT is not enough to reach your expected 90%, and unless you're staying out in the field long enough and cycle tens of thousands of peds on a mob, you might never reach 90%..

It kills me to see people like yourself hurting in EU, but more often it's just a reality check. Some people are okay with depositing 1500 ped and losing half of it in a few days, because they're having fun, but the ones who come on forums and whine about bad returns are clearly not.. These types of players need a reality check and they need to learn to hunt within their budget and within their skills..

It has nothing to do with the new CEO (things are better than they have been in a while)
It has nothing to do with dynamic system robbing you (though the "dynamic" part does suck a bit)
It has everything to do with not playing within your means to make ped last.

Ubers who hunt and turn out a 1-2% profit do so with insane skills and eco equipment, and sure they hunt 4000 hp mobs, but they also have fat 50k+ ped cards, because sometimes loot just sucks ass, and they know that, and prepare for that. If you can't make the investment to reliably hunt 1k hp mobs, then don't.. hunt something smaller.

Ps. 5b plates are extremely uneco, better off using 5a with better L armor, or something like that.. 5b decay is insane. And skill achievements have nothing to do with globals and hofs.

Moreover.... if you DO happen to achieve the mystical 90% tt return, you still need an average of 10% markup, at the least, in order to not lose your ass over time... If you are not making that kind of markup then expect to lose money (the odds of looting uber UL stuff is too slim to gamble on).

Either play within your means, or be happy that you were left with 600 ped and not 300 ped after those hunts. This game/forum does not have room for more superstitious, MA hating whiners because they choose to play unintelligently.

Onto OP's main point... Loot does seem to be on the lower end right now.. but in my experience that's fairly normal during the summer slowdown, and especially during events like migration. Less players = less ped cycled on server = higher probability of lower payouts.

Why in the world would you hunt LT and Krets with a 1.5k pedcard? .

Because I think £100 or $150 is well adequate to play this game. But if you think $500 deposit is required, or even $1000 just to turn over a reasonable ped on mobs, then that is the entire reason this game will die.

I remember back in the day you good depo $40 and have damn good laugh.

But hey you answered it for yourself, losses are so huge now, that the majority of the customer base is priced out.

You carry on paying and good luck to you, I'll go do something else. But the thought of giving these fools $1000 and trust them they will entertain me, is to big a risk to take.

Good day.

Rick

Because I think £100 or $150 is well adequate to play this game. But if you think $500 deposit is required, or even $1000 just to turn over a reasonable ped on mobs, then that is the entire reason this game will die.

But hey you answered it for yourself, losses are so huge now, that the majority of the customer base is priced out.

You carry on paying and good luck to you, I'll go do something else. But the thought of giving these fools $1000 and trust them they will entertain me, is to big a risk to take.

Good day.

Rick

Unfortunately it does take a decent investment in this game to hunt/mine or do anything with some consistency. You could hunt lvl3-5 mobs on a 1k pedcard for months and probably not lose more than 50 ped, maybe even profit if you stack resources well on auction.

I don't continually deposit... More often than not I'm a profiting player.. I have deposited before, but I've taken out more than I've put it. The average player will lose in EU.. it's just the way it goes. You need to have the grit and patience to do well in this game.
That being said there are months where I'll lose 2-3k, but I'll make it back in the future.. in the end, everyone hits 90% one way or another.

You can still depo $40 and have a good laugh... just not hunting longtooth. Old EU days you could see even as low as a 40% return hunting, but also hof 5k on 300hp mobs... Back then it was more volatile but these days anything less than 70% on a decent length hunt and you're doing something wrong or being very uneco about it.

Why in the world would you hunt LT and Krets with a 1.5k pedcard? Do this and YOU WILL LOSE... unless you happen to get lucky and hit a big hof or something to keep you afloat. These days a 1.5k ped card is good enough to hunt small kerbs and argo young, at best...

may be this is the problem because I remember hunting argo with a ped card barely into the hundreds, bits of various types of armour and still got globals (rarely but still a damn sight more often than now) when I started.

What we didn't have were grind-a-thon missions that have completely fucked up the loot system and economy. If compets does become a success do you think they'll give one toss about the state of EU.

Last edited:
So, what mobs did you try on Ark? I've been on Ark for a few months now and while I can't say I'm profiting, my returns are along the general line... hovering around 90%. This is what I'm willing to pay for entertainment. What I do is change mobs after 3 runs (100 PED ammo). I go for low mobs for a while and then come back to "regular" mobs that I can hunt at my level. I'm half way through Stage 3 Halix mission; 5 runs (10 PED ammo for this mob) or so (~ 50-60PED ammo+about 20PED in decay... and I'm around 75 PED return.
Don't get me wrong, I hate it when I have to scale down but I think change is necessary from time to time. Also, it's not unheard of that you go through a "dark" period right now and it's very frustrating; my advice would be to do some low level mob missions for a little while as even if you loose, the value is so low that it won't impact your PED card a lot.

Good luck!

I second that. I know DiXe's (Mia87) hunting style. He just needs to stop grind one single mob for ages and try to be much more flexible by switching several mobs and locations even within one hunting run and not to burn every single PEC into a particular mob on the same spot for many times again and again in one evening. However, it's not really that simple and the truth is that he is in a bad luck period which unfortunately lasts for more than 6 months and ruins him. The luck will surely come sooner or probably later. The only question is if he can stand this and not give up before reaching any lucky loots. I wish him the best of luck and he deserves some decent loot or UL ring since he's been with us for very long time:) I also like that Linzey offers him some advices which could definately help him to fight more.

You can still depo $40 and have a good laugh... just not hunting longtooth. Old EU days you could see even as low as a 40% return hunting, but also hof 5k on 300hp mobs... Back then it was more volatile but these days anything less than 70% on a decent length hunt and you're doing something wrong or being very uneco about it.

"Old EU days"? How long have you been in this game? In the actual OLD days of this game, there was no such thing as a 5k HOF. Loot was better distributed back then, and like Rick said, $40 would last for a long time and provide a lot of entertainment.

In 2002/3 I dropped in $40 and it lasted me a year, and that was before SIB, missions, pills, boosts, etc. It was as simple as grab a now-shitty V1 or FF8k in Nemesis armor and hunt whatever. That was far from eco, yet your PEDs lasted forever.

I had 20k PED on my card recently, I cycled 10s of thousands of PEDs and I'm down to 10k PED already. I use a high eco-amp on CDF rifles (of my level) from the token vendor. I also have RX Optac with 8A SGA, which are both very eco defensive sets. Doesn't matter. The fact is, loot is shit. PEDs don't last, AT ALL.

People who have only played for ~5 years (or less) have no ability to speak of the "old days" and tell us long-timers how things have changed (or haven't changed).

Good day.

Rick

THIS! I also agree - I hate when people respond with "why would you...." They may be totally right- but that's besides the point. If I need 1k USD just to have a chance to turn over a decent return... then F-that. I'm sick of it like you Rick. I noticed I been complaining for over 2 years. It keeps getting worse not better IMO. Unless you do something totally stupid - or have little to no skills in something - no activity in this "game" should net you with such big losses. Sure, you go out on a Prot hunt and it may go really bad one time, but still - shouldn't keep getting these low % return hunts time after time.

I started playing another MMO - paying $15 a month. Guess what?? It's wayyyy less buggy and lag free. I have a blast, I own land and a house and can do a ton of stuff. Is there a possiblity to get money from it? No. Is it as exciting as EU - no ... but compare the extra excitement to paying $15 to $100-200 a month... there is a HUGE gap there

Thanks for the great posts Rick.

I had 20k PED on my card recently, I cycled 10s of thousands of PEDs and I'm down to 10k PED already. I use a high eco-amp on CDF rifles (of my level) from the token vendor. I also have RX Optac with 8A SGA, which are both very eco defensive sets. Doesn't matter. The fact is, loot is shit. PEDs don't last, AT ALL.

This is what I think. I may not be the most eco you can ever be - but I also know enough from playing years to not be stupid. And I know people like you that do more eco than me and cycle more -but still have same result. I went though this before when I asked the community for suggestions - what I got was like 20 different things to try - but that was missing the point I think - point is PEDS don't last at all anymore. I am not nor ever talking about "profit" I'm talking about dropping in 100 bucks and it being nearly gone after three days and going WTF -
*sigh*

The reason you get crap loot swings (or great ones) for long periods of time is because there is no personal loot pool.

When a large group of people do something for a long period of time that has randomness involved, statistics will tell you that someone is going to be on the losing side and someone else on the winning side.

The people on the winning side don't come here to post about it though, the don't want to jinx themselves.

Roll 2 dice 1 million times, you will see that long streaks of low or high numbers can happen. If it can happen, it will happen to someone, or several someone's given a large enough sample size.

Thanks Rave and Davin.

I borrowed from Grem off soc mate, and 5bs from my misses ava, so my only risk was $150 depo for ammo, I would've been pissed if I spent $100 on armour as well.

In fact before I borrowed the grem I messaged a chap selling Nem. He got back to me yesterday we had a good chat. I said now that I borrowed grem I'll see how it goes before buying some armour. Anyway he was basically telling it's been shocking out there.

Actually I think my game problem is the loot algo has been adjusted to accommodate Arson chips, in essence the Pyro Profession no longer runs right because it needed to be changed to cope with those that run big enhanced arson chips along with guns and amps. So I think, it doesn't know how to deal with a pryo skiller.

I had one oil (yes one oil), in loot on CP yesterday, rest was shrap and ammo, plus few bits and bobs.

I must have turned over 1500 ped easy with no item loots.

But like I was saying regardless of the issues under the hood, how many more 'years' do you keep offering forgiveness, hoping they have someone with coding sense to create a system that works, around what they introduce.

I guess when I saw what happened to pets so quickly after the introduction, it should've have been warning enough that the intention is to destroy and erode a system before it even had a chance to develop.

Then just to hammer the nail in the coffin, they bring in rings, to kill off the need for the pets. WTF was all that about? That was basically a FY to all the pet skillers.

Every new pet they brought out, basically made any investment into the previous pet worthless. What's even more funny is if you think like MA do, it's highly likely that each pet fight will earn you a 1000 xp, or XP will have some meaningless need, because MA will bring in some new skill system for pet fights.

Now once that skill system is in, the uber earners will eat a ton of chips to max their pets, completely killing the system, so MA will have to adjust it, and screw anyone that didn't eat $20K worth of chips. What a joke...lol.

There's a few players now at Entropian master (20K skill), now the chips they ate to get there must hve cost a fortune (assuming they were not compensated, as was done in the old days). Now assuming more ubers will chip to 20K as a means of keeping up with the Jones to pull in loots, that means even less loot and more damage for those that don't chip.

Then what? are these guys going to chip to 30K rank skill?

I really don't see how anyone can do MM anymore. You need best enhanced gun, mod amps, mod plates from CP, cloak, best rings, best armour, mod fap and probably best pets. It was only a few years ago, the average player was competing against just best amour and mod fap......now its like 10+ best items. Impossible chance to complete.

Whatever the problem out there, why there is not a better measure between input ped and output ped to manage avas is beyond my sensible understanding of the game.

But hey, just wanted to say thanks for backup posts.

Rick

The reason you get crap loot swings (or great ones) for long periods of time is because there is no personal loot pool.

When a large group of people do something for a long period of time that has randomness involved, statistics will tell you that someone is going to be on the losing side and someone else on the winning side.

The people on the winning side don't come here to post about it though, the don't want to jinx themselves.

Roll 2 dice 1 million times, you will see that long streaks of low or high numbers can happen. If it can happen, it will happen to someone, or several someone's given a large enough sample size.

That's cool enough Dab but what is the message?

Deposit $150 every week (or less), but don't worry you "might" pop a decent loot in a few months?

You're asking your player base to commit to huge investment on a "no personal loot pool" basis. I think that is a road to disaster. Well I don't just think it is....., it is obvious by the players I know that they're not prepared to put up with it.

Now; I remember doing 200 ped runs on mobs and you was almost guaranteed a global, in todays current system, it's more like 1000 ped input per global, and even then you're on heavy losses without a hof.

Whatever way you package it up, the players will not accept it. The more that drop out, the worse it will get.

Now I don't give a shit what MA thinks about my posts, because I just gave them $150 and they won't be getting more. So how has that helped MA? They lose more "real" income, the spiral downwards continues.

Rick

Thanks Rave and Davin.

I borrowed from Grem off soc mate, and 5bs from my misses ava, so my only risk was $150 depo for ammo, I would've been pissed if I spent $100 on armour as well.

In fact before I borrowed the grem I messaged a chap selling Nem. He got back to me yesterday we had a good chat. I said now that I borrowed grem I'll see how it goes before buying some armour. Anyway he was basically telling it's been shocking out there.

Actually I think my game problem is the loot algo has been adjusted to accommodate Arson chips, in essence the Pyro Profession no longer runs right because it needed to be changed to cope with those that run big enhanced arson chips along with guns and amps. So I think, it doesn't know how to deal with a pryo skiller.

I don't believe the items you use or your skill level have any impact on loot, they only impact your cost. The mobs don't care how you kill them. They have a loot table with randomness and a fixed quantity of top level items. Thus why all the top items drop within minutes of server restarts. Or when someone at MA adds more to the mobs loot table manually.

I had one oil (yes one oil), in loot on CP yesterday, rest was shrap and ammo, plus few bits and bobs.

I must have turned over 1500 ped easy with no item loots.

Item loots will continue to become more rare as the cash shop continues to expand. (Mission Galactica, essences from TTing pets and TTing boards to buy vacant lots are also part of the cash shop btw. It started with the mission tokens).

But like I was saying regardless of the issues under the hood, how many more 'years' do you keep offering forgiveness, hoping they have someone with coding sense to create a system that works, around what they introduce.

I guess when I saw what happened to pets so quickly after the introduction, it should've have been warning enough that the intention is to destroy and erode a system before it even had a chance to develop.

Then just to hammer the nail in the coffin, they bring in rings, to kill off the need for the pets. WTF was all that about? That was basically a FY to all the pet skillers.

Cash shops have to keep offering bigger and better items or the "whales" will lose interest. Once a game starts down this road it's always the same.

Every new pet they brought out, basically made any investment into the previous pet worthless. What's even more funny is if you think like MA do, it's highly likely that each pet fight will earn you a 1000 xp, or XP will have some meaningless need, because MA will bring in some new skill system for pet fights.

Now once that skill system is in, the uber earners will eat a ton of chips to max their pets, completely killing the system, so MA will have to adjust it, and screw anyone that didn't eat $20K worth of chips. What a joke...lol.

There's a few players now at Entropian master (20K skill), now the chips they ate to get there must hve cost a fortune (assuming they were not compensated, as was done in the old days). Now assuming more ubers will chip to 20K as a means of keeping up with the Jones to pull in loots, that means even less loot and more damage for those that don't chip.

Then what? are these guys going to chip to 30K rank skill?

I really don't see how anyone can do MM anymore. You need best enhanced gun, mod amps, mod plates from CP, cloak, best rings, best armour, mod fap and probably best pets. It was only a few years ago, the average player was competing against just best amour and mod fap......now its like 10+ best items. Impossible chance to complete.

Whatever the problem out there, why there is not a better measure between input ped and output ped to manage avas is beyond my sensible understanding of the game.

But hey, just wanted to say thanks for backup posts.

Rick

Oh, and don't quit now because as everyone knows, gambling addicts always quit right before they were going to hit the big one. :)

Ahh... the good old days. Really sad to see the direction that EU is heading... Been playing since pre-TI and had a lot of good fun with EU. I remember screaming "GOLD" whenever I get PED loot (loot use to be in money) in loot window.

My observation is that loot recently (2015 onwards) has really declined... Initially we had stable loot (high tt return) and low HOF value (but compensated with lots of items). Then it changed to unstable loot (low tt return) and high HOF value (argo young hoffing for 10k, trox young 20k and feff going at 20k!)... Now it seems like it is just low loot and low hof value.

On another note, what I find really funny is the relationship I have with EU. I hate the game and at the same time I love it. Even though I don't play much anymore, I have returned multiple times. It is like a really bad girlfriend. Hate her.... but you are addicted to her. Never had this problem with other games such as WOW, CS, etc...

"Old EU days"? How long have you been in this game? In the actual OLD days of this game, there was no such thing as a 5k HOF. Loot was better distributed back then, and like Rick said, $40 would last for a long time and provide a lot of entertainment.

In 2002/3 I dropped in $40 and it lasted me a year, and that was before SIB, missions, pills, boosts, etc. It was as simple as grab a now-shitty V1 or FF8k in Nemesis armor and hunt whatever. That was far from eco, yet your PEDs lasted forever.

People who have only played for ~5 years (or less) have no ability to speak of the "old days" and tell us long-timers how things have changed (or haven't changed).

Are you averaging 10% markup or better?
If no, then you're losing.
No one profits tt long-term... it's not possible.

EU was project entropia beta until january of 2003.. And yes... old EU (aka pre-vu10/ 2006-2008) You could hof 5k on f***ing argos and exarosaurs...
I've also had friends complain of 40-50% tt returns during that time..

Of course before vu10 MindArk was doing fairly well financially just by the sheer volume of players that had flooded into Entropia after it gained serious popularity in 2007.

MA can't pay out loot the way they used to or they will go bankrupt.. They already screwed themselves over by introducing passive income into the game (CLDs) which now reduce the frequency of deposits all for a quick $6mil that I'm sure is near gone. They'll need another way to keep the deposits and revenue coming in. The easiest way to do that is to give everyone 90% tt returns and make achieving higher than 5% markup nearly impossible for 99% of the playerbase.

Believe me I know it sucks.. But don't blame MA for "taking your peds" when you're the ones who continue to hunt for 5% loss every single run, at best.
I love hunting, and I want to hunt as a main profession, but I can't stand the idea of losing 5% every time I go on a hunt, so I just don't.. Which is plain wrong, but what else can MA do? Other than find a way to increase deposits while limiting withdrawals.

Last edited:
That's cool enough Dab but what is the message?

Deposit $150 every week (or less), but don't worry you "might" pop a decent loot in a few months?

You're asking your player base to commit to huge investment on a "no personal loot pool" basis. I think that is a road to disaster. Well I don't just think it is....., it is obvious by the players I know that they're not prepared to put up with it.

Now; I remember doing 200 ped runs on mobs and you was almost guaranteed a global, in todays current system, it's more like 1000 ped input per global, and even then you're on heavy losses without a hof.

Whatever way you package it up, the players will not accept it. The more that drop out, the worse it will get.

Now I don't give a shit what MA thinks about my posts, because I just gave them $150 and they won't be getting more. So how has that helped MA? They lose more "real" income, the spiral downwards continues.

Rick

The message is, if you are dissatisfied, and you and others clearly are, stop giving them your money. Vote with your wallet. MA won't notice, but your wallet sure will. If you're tempted to come back in 3 months and do it again, re-read your posts in this thread and just don't do it.

Pretty simple.

$150 is absurd to play a video game for the amount of time/enjoyment it gave you even if 'You're Doing It Wrong.'

Back