Stuck on Loader Screen

Society
Entropy
Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
So lately a few times this has been happening where I log in, enter the GC number and the loader screen appears, but the bar doesn't move at all. It takes dozens of attempts to get in. I do all the crazy shit that people telling me to do like repair, clear shader, restart the EU, restart my comp, or strap a cat to my face and sing Mr. Bo Jangles...but I am unsure still what fixes it...

If this happens, what is THE fix for it, so I can quit doing the other stuff?

There's no fix to it other than avoiding the server where it happened until the next VU.

Did you stand on one foot while singing a song to Wifi and eating old pizza?

since i put the game in audio safe mode i havent had this problem.....No guarantees......

There's no fix to it other than avoiding the server where it happened until the next VU.

Yeah it happens the most in servers that aren't used too much or are new. Had it happen only in ark UG, Secret Island, and Hunt the thing.

Maybe MA shuts em down if no one is in it to save money.

So lately a few times this has been happening where I log in, enter the GC number and the loader screen appears, but the bar doesn't move at all. It takes dozens of attempts to get in. I do all the crazy shit that people telling me to do like repair, clear shader, restart the EU, restart my comp, or strap a cat to my face and sing Mr. Bo Jangles...but I am unsure still what fixes it...

I assume your going to have a better PC to use than what I have, and I don't have an answer, but fwiw, I have the same thing happen when I try log in using my old XP machine :laugh: It doesn't happen on my Windows 7 machine. I pretty much stick to Caly since I have a lot of missions to knock off there. I just assumed it was my old decrepit pc that was the issue. I hope someone comes along with a better answer, I am curious too now.

This use to happen to me all the time. Loader screen appear, the "loading..." message never appears and nothing happens.

My fix was to set entropia.exe in task manager to realtime priority. Then when it was loaded, put it back to normal

Rgds

Ace

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the area servers. Authentication service is a separate server, if it's overloaded u will time out and that's it. If your PC has antique value then maybe some tricks can be done to improve the performance but for a normal new PC i doubt u can do anything.

Edit: Scrap the above, managed to misread... If it gets to the loader screen then it's past athentication and may very well be related to the area server.

Last edited:

quick fix is : alt + enter (login with not full screen) and no need to do anything

Try setting Connection speed to 384 kbit in the Client loader / Options.

See if that has any effect.

I sometimes have to retry a 2nd time when attempting to login in at busy times (like this time on a weekend) but no more than that.

I log in in windowed mode normally, my comp is up to date and not old at all...it worked perfectly until recently with the vu

I tried alt enter and setting the exe to realtime, and neither helped.

We got a message to ND but he says he can't move me even tho Ark devs can move people all day long.

I sent support too about 20 minutes ago thru the EU site. Hopefully they move me soon.

Thanks for the help guys, I will keep trying ....

384 doesnt help either.

Treid logging in now like 20 times

:wise: Delete the dynamic content/s in question (The planet you were on) before logging in. But press launch first (to get to login screen). Login without the dynamic content in question. It should start to download while you're on "loading screen". And it should be fixed until it happens again.

Note: This is not a guaranteed workaround, but it has worked for me several times - At least on arkadia underground.

:wise: Delete the dynamic content/s in question (The planet you were on) before logging in. But press launch first (to get to login screen). Login without the dynamic content in question. It should start to download while you're on "loading screen". And it should be fixed until it happens again.

Note: This is not a guaranteed workaround, but it has worked for me several times - At least on arkadia underground. Doesn't hurt to try after all.

Trying but how do i delete it?

Trying but how do i delete it?

Check your client loader for the location.
Tools - Folders. Mine says c:\users\public\entropia universe (it may or may not be the default one).
Then go to public_users_data --> dynamic_content
Then you can delete all the files which you think correspond to your planet.

Mostly it's enough to just delete the territories_planet_number like for example:
territories_rocktropia_01 ---> territories_rocktropia_12

Depending on your bandwidth this should be faster to log in successfully again. Instead of trying to log in several times in a row and waste precious GC battery.

I'm not being stupid, try rebooting your pc. Stranger things have happened. :)

I'm not being stupid, try rebooting your pc. Stranger things have happened. :)

Did that alreafdy....yeah it has worked for me in the past for random shit :)

I only restart the clientloader and next login always succeed
afro.gif

Yeah none of it worked, so a friend said to try a diff comp, when I used a diff comp and I got in, then left Arctic, went to RT and logged out, now I am back on on my main comp.
Ty again for all the ideas...I was going crazy. I was so mad I actually scared myself realizing how addicted I am o_O

Yeah none of it worked, so a friend said to try a diff comp, when I used a diff comp and I got in, then left Arctic, went to RT and logged out, now I am back on on my main comp.
Ty again for all the ideas...I was going crazy. I was so mad I actually scared myself realizing how addicted I am o_O

Dont worry, most of us know how addicted you are! ;)

Check your main pc for adware, malware, virii and trojans. Sometimes there is something lurking that doesnt cause major damage but can slow things down or just generally cause background trouble of this nature.

Plenty of free programs around. Try this one out:

http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

Back