Need help finding a new/used "gaming" laptop

aframo

Elite
Classified
Aframo Mr Afroman
Hey !

I have plans of buying a new/used "gaming" laptop, but could need some help/advice.

My demands:

15.6" Screen with Full HD
Intel i7
8GB Memory (minimum)
Geforce GTX card
SSD HDD

Asus X550JX?

And budget is set to around ~ 1050 EURO | 1150 DOLLAR.
Might also be interested of buying a used one (perhaps yours ;) ), but then it must have nordic keyboard (åäö)

Take Care,
Mr Afroman

Last edited:
bump...............

look into the ASUS ROG laptops, theyre awesome

I have an Asus ROG but I don't like that it heats up too much and it is heavy. I switched to a Toshiba Qosmio and I love it. I leave it on 24/7 and it never heats up like the Asus did. Just not sure if they have it in the smaller 15" screen.

thx for all the input so far!
I have been lookng into those Asus rogs before since i heard alot good about them.
Im moving around alot with my laptop, so that Asus Rog models mïght be to pain in the ass in the long term.

buump..............

ASUS ROG - I bought mine on the suggestion of Coz and am very very happy with it, it plays EU very well indeed. The base model comes in around your budget as well

Hey !

I have plans of buying a new/used "gaming" laptop, but could need some help/advice.

My demands:

15.6" Screen with Full HD
Intel i7
8GB Memory (minimum)
Geforce GTX card
SSD HDD

Asus X550JX?

And budget is set to around ~ 1050 EURO | 1150 DOLLAR.
Might also be interested of buying a used one (perhaps yours ;) ), but then it must have nordic keyboard (åäö)

Take Care,
Mr Afroman

Go for Lenovo y50-70 the i7 version with 960m.
Should be around that price.
or z50-70

Inspiron 15 or 17 7000-Serie ...is perfect. Batterylife of more then 12 hours, 16 gig ram, geforce with 2 gig, i7 and aluminium case ! i have it myself and dell has perfect customer service, they are 24hours after a problem in your room ;)

Cheers don

Feels like its either a Asus Rog or a Lenovo to go with. And thank you all once again for your input, could need some help with the following:

A friend of mine is selling his 5 months old Asus G771JM laptop... how much would you value/pay for it?

Specs:
17.3" Screen
i7 4710HQ 2.5 GHz (3.5GHz Turbo)
16GB DDR3L memory
256 GB SSD + 1TB HDD / 7200 rpm - SATA 3 GB/s
Nvidia Geforce GTX 860M - 2 GB GDDR5

Feels like its either a Asus Rog or a Lenovo to go with. And thank you all once again for your input, could need some help with the following:

A friend of mine is selling his 5 months old Asus G771JM laptop... how much would you value/pay for it?

Specs:
17.3" Screen
i7 4710HQ 2.5 GHz (3.5GHz Turbo)
16GB DDR3L memory
256 GB SSD + 1TB HDD / 7200 rpm - SATA 3 GB/s
Nvidia Geforce GTX 860M - 2 GB GDDR5

in Estonia you can get that kind of computer new at about 750EUR, take down the decay, i would say about 600eur maybe..
But i still recommend getting a new one, for warranty and such, as if it should break down during killing some big ass hp mob just before the end, you wouldnt want your friend to be the one you have to blame.

Anyways i am happy with my Lenovo y50-70 (although i have i5 model with gtx 960m), but it still does fine job running GTA V and entropia and Fifa. Gta V on very high settings without stutters (as long charger is connected) as heavy gaming (Gta) gets its battery in 2 hours (Entropia lasts 3-4hours)

Back