Achievement: Highest resolution ever?

osten

Dominant
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Eon Ost Turf
I logged in to my wifes accout (I dont have my personal goldcard here from work) and did some screenshots from our highest resolution projector wall array.

The rendering is very sluggish on this Nvidia Quadro FX5800 in this resolution at very high settings (it's ok and playable at high)

Since I had problems linking these images, you have to visit this flickr album to see them.
/mod note/ re-added the link Check post

Also you need to download the images to see the details.

The projector array is a 5x[2560x1600 projectors] where each projector is projecting 90deg in a mirror rig, and overlapping slightly to get rid of bezels. The text is -at my age- close to impossible to read from a distance at this particular screen size, but it surely was an interesting experiment :)

Last edited by a moderator:
+rep for using company gear to do things that really matter instead of boring work stuff

+rep for using company gear to do things that really matter instead of boring work stuff

;) Of course we do fun stuff at work :) Especially in between projects :)
Ty for rep :)

You may find the images at flickr, search my avatar name (choose people).

Can the forum admins make exceptions to this? I'd love to put them on the gallery..

<removed>

I think the rule is to avoid growing mass of dead links. If forum gallery cant handle those files the link should be allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the rule is to avoid growing mass of dead links. If forum gallery cant handle those files the link should be allowed.
Seems reasonable.
Then again, if Sub-Zero would violate forum rules the very 1st day, he'd be soo fired by tomorrow, i'm afraid.. :laugh:

You're right. My bad (I am new :)). I've asked the OP to upload his images to pcf gallery in reduced size 500 pixels in width.
He can then use his images as the clickable thumbnail to his pic on his flickr page.
This shouldn't violate 4.1.

I've also re-added the OP's link to his flickr images.

Last edited:
No avatar was harmed during this intervention :) Thanks for cleaning up the OP :)

No avatar was harmed during this intervention :) Thanks for cleaning up the OP :)

My mistake - my cleanup.
@ Topic - Awesome screenshots! I've only been able to run at max 3840x2160 with Nvidia's "Dynamic Super Resolution" (DSR). So you definitely got me beat ;). Although can't imagine what kind of lag you must have had with your resolution in the middle of Eomon spawn...

1. That's insane. And I'm guessing unplayable? You run up to the screen to watch what chat says? :silly2:

2. I just realized you are the guy with blue hair who likes the Rex waves.

1. That's insane. And I'm guessing unplayable? You run up to the screen to watch what chat says? :silly2:
Yep! At very high settings its unplayable. I will try newer gfx as we get them. At high details I can fly around and it still looks good. And I dont have to read the chat to enjoy the view :)
Maybe I should start a new business taking ingame air photos for PEDs :rolleyes: Maybe I could cover whole LA's!

2. I just realized you are the guy with blue hair who likes the Rex waves.
Yep (and wife has green hair, nice butt and I particularly like the way she grabs the stick at last img). But you are allowed to say "the FAT guy with blue hair", I promise wont get insulted :)

as a video techie i'd rather see pictures of the install itself :yay:

as a video techie i'd rather see pictures of the install itself :yay:

OK, its a rear projected rig

You can see the projectors throwing down onto the 45deg mirror before they hit the screen.
There are two reasos for this mirror rig:
1-The projectors UHP lamp's rod need to be horizontal to avoid excessive lamp burn rate (a funny issue with ULP lamps). You can't simply put the projector 90degree and expect the lamps to last for long.
2-You get longer throw distance on a short room.

The front of the room is nothing exiting.. But there are 2 more display walls here, one of them can do stereoscopic projection ;)

Nice!
I can't wait till they bring those holograghic glasses into the new windows 10
Does anyone know if entropiauniverse works with Tri-Def ?

Hahaha, thats some nice uber gear :) Must have been fun to play EU with. :yay:

Nice!
I can't wait till they bring those holograghic glasses into the new windows 10
Does anyone know if entropiauniverse works with Tri-Def ?

EU already works with Nvidia's 3d Vision (even on our large screen at the time), but not everything looks good. Last time I tested (few years ago prob), I was at RT. The buildings looked spectacular, but foggy scenes failed completely.

Since MA doesnt officially support this, you have to tweak parameters yourself with [programmable] hotkeys. You get an onscreen display warning you about this, and you can press some keys to hide it.

Maybe its time to have a go again ;) I should be able to grab 3d scenes that can be converted to whatever viewing mode.

Stereoscopic images posted in a separate thread :)

haha awesome, and your wife is hot ;)

OK, its a rear projected rig

You can see the projectors throwing down onto the 45deg mirror before they hit the screen.
There are two reasos for this mirror rig:
1-The projectors UHP lamp's rod need to be horizontal to avoid excessive lamp burn rate (a funny issue with ULP lamps). You can't simply put the projector 90degree and expect the lamps to last for long.
2-You get longer throw distance on a short room.

The front of the room is nothing exiting.. But there are 2 more display walls here, one of them can do stereoscopic projection ;)

What the heck do u do with that at work ???? and.... where can i buy such a System for my Office ??? :cool:

What the heck do u do with that at work ???? and.... where can i buy such a System for my Office ??? :cool:

We have a few rooms here (and a few other sites in the world) where we show our systems to customers. These are collaboration rooms, meaning they have the video conferencing and different way of getting your laptops up on the screen, and share it with the other ends. But we also make big walls for other type of customers who just need uber resolution for simulation for anything between shopping and geological interpretation.

Have a look at cyviz.com

(I hope this didnt become an advertizing post :wise: )

Have a look at cyviz.com

(I hope this didnt become an advertizing post :wise: )

Thats some impressive stuff.

The shot of the wall in the 'Skyroom' (best name I could think for it) is just awesome!

I logged in to my wifes accout (I dont have my personal goldcard here from work) and did some screenshots from our highest resolution projector wall array.

The rendering is very sluggish on this Nvidia Quadro FX5800 in this resolution at very high settings (it's ok and playable at high)

Since I had problems linking these images, you have to visit this flickr album to see them.
/mod note/ re-added the link Check post

Also you need to download the images to see the details.

The projector array is a 5x[2560x1600 projectors] where each projector is projecting 90deg in a mirror rig, and overlapping slightly to get rid of bezels. The text is -at my age- close to impossible to read from a distance at this particular screen size, but it surely was an interesting experiment :)

Just awesome.:wtg::yay::cool:
Hmmm, something for me to upgrade to in the future but i hope to do it with an 40 to 48 inch LED tv so i can sit on the comfortable couch while i play EU.;)
Talking about being lazy.:laugh:
Cheers

Parental discretion is advised...

Back