Strongbox Loot Theories

Nunoko

Provider
If we look from a company's business point of view, for revenue reasons.
Could they make a unique drop be handed out on the 10.000.000th loot box opened?

If we look from a company's business point of view, for revenue reasons.
Could they make a unique drop be handed out on the 10.000.000th loot box opened?

Why not? 10 millions seems reasonable enough for it to be truly unique. Out of millions of already opened boxes we already have one unique drop.

Why not? 10 millions seems reasonable enough for it to be truly unique. Out of millions of already opened boxes we already have one unique drop.

Cause then we could guess when the next unique drop could drop :p

Imo you would never get it unless the time is good.

Sponsored Avatar = UL finds and rare pets? :rolleyes:

You need to take favorite avatars into account.

Not everyone has the same chance..

Some of the theorists here should get one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Lear...223?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c55329b5f (those talking about favourite avatars etc)

About OP, yeah one unique for ten million opened would be fair, and as we dont know how many sold so far, i think it is fair, and it doenst have to be every 10th millionth box opened, but chance of getting one should be 0,0000001 every time you open a box. (but i think it is much more common, maybe 1 every million or half million, we do not know how many have been sold)

Will not be surprised if more then 500k or more have been opened by now.

Hopefully MA can afford to feed the hamsters powering the servers now.

They'll drop another one in when the purchase rate drops below a predetermined level to raise players interests.

They'll drop another one in when the purchase rate drops below a predetermined level to raise players interests.

Wouldn't that lower the purchase? People could think that they lost their chances and have to wait again.

I would say during active event or perhaps when they add something to the lockbox loot pool.

Wouldn't that lower the purchase? People could think that they lost their chances and have to wait again.

That's why they change it every time, it is targeted at different players, also you could think it's a hot time when someone opens a unique :).

I opened just about 700 usd in boxes since they were introduced and finally got a UL ring. 1 in 700 is about the odds I would expect for a UL ring, a unique being 1 in 100000+ chance if not approaching a million.

I opened just about 700 usd in boxes since they were introduced and finally got a UL ring. 1 in 700 is about the odds I would expect for a UL ring, a unique being 1 in 100000+ chance if not approaching a million.

Aha, and when you win the lottery the first time you play, the chances to win are 100% ... right? :laugh:

Last edited:
Aha, and when you win the lottery the first time you play, the chances to win are 100% ... right? :laugh:

Well no but to get a UL ring probably would drop 1 ever 700-1000 usd put in the boxes. and a unique ever 100k -1M usd put in the system.

1 unique dropped, not sure how much has been put in but look for hundreds of thousands to 1M usd deposited before the next one.

Was just stating 700-1000 usd seems about right for an UL ring to drop.

You need to take favorite avatars into account.

Not everyone has the same chance..

But you are forgetting that they drop everything in the first week...nothing left to drop now until they release the next stage where you can modify these UL rings and devalue the older rings.:yay:

But you are forgetting that they drop everything in the first week...nothing left to drop now until they release the next stage where you can modify these UL rings and devalue the older rings.:yay:

Sad but true and it has become a staple of the EU-Way :(

UL rings should be more transparent.^^

let me correct that, we have atleast one unique, can be more.

If u open box from website u dont get any rare message, i did loot improved ring first day on box release and got no rare or nothing becouse i did it from the site.

My soc mates and I have been seeing less UA come out of the boxes lately :(

I was going to use these for UA ammo purchases but have migrated back to in game depo's or ammo stack purchases. I have enough pills to overdose a Daspletor and enough L rings increase the mass of FOMA to crash into Calypso already. The 75%+ UA return I thought on the boxes was good but I have been seeing down to 50% UA returns and the rest in pills and L rings, there is no need for so many pills or L rings :(

So guessing boxes are done for me until I start hearing the UA return comes back up to the 75% mark or over again.

I wish those items in strong box should be more interesting and can be TT, if player felt that they doesn't want them.

I felt something is wrong or awkward, when I open 5 or 10 of them, all are universe ammo...

Back